Lodging with greatest EXP multiplier

TheAveryChu

didn't know that, where do you take this information from?

I tested it myself when I was working on the platinum.

The last 2 trophies I needed before platinum were survival and fishing. My first attempt was at the camp and I didn't reach the amount needed so I tried with the x2 multiplier and I recieved the double amount and got both trophies.

At the restaurant where you meet Dino for the first time (where you are suppose to take à boat at the beginning of the story) there is à x2 room for 10.000 gils.

There is also à x3 room in altissia, which Will cost 30.000 gils.

If you have the travel pack, those cost cheaper. 5000gil for the one at Dino's place.

I wouldn't use the 3x XP room honestly, too expensive for all it adds, it's like 3 times the amount of the 2x one. I would only spend that if it was 3.5/4x XP.

If you have the travel pack, those cost cheaper. 5000gil for the one at Dino's place.

I wouldn't use the 3x XP room honestly, too expensive for all it adds, it's like 3 times the amount of the 2x one. I would only spend that if it was 3.5/4x XP.

Gil isn't hard to come by and you don't really need to spend much gil in this game as mostly everything will come naturally as you play. You only need it for healing supplies, gas, traveling, and sleeping. So the extra 20k gil seems well worth it to me if you have 100k~ exp banked. If you don't have much exp banked then yeah both is a waste.

• 5 months later...
On 12/4/2016 at 5:42 PM, Aexuz said:

I tested it myself when I was working on the platinum.

The last 2 trophies I needed before platinum were survival and fishing. My first attempt was at the camp and I didn't reach the amount needed so I tried with the x2 multiplier and I recieved the double amount and got both trophies.

Sorry, but this is just plain false. Rested at one of the 1.2x caravans, and got my survival to ALMOST 10. Reloaded, went to the 3x room in Altissia and... ALMOST 10. No difference whatsoever. I even took screenshots after each one if anyone cares, but it's easy enough to test on your own.

Edit: Just realized I may be coming across kind of harsh. Maybe there's something else at play, but in my case it didn't seem to make any difference. The difference between 1.2 and 3 should have made it obvious, but idk.

Edited by RNumbers

22 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Sorry, but this is just plain false. Rested at one of the 1.2x caravans, and got my survival to ALMOST 10. Reloaded, went to the 3x room in Altissia and... ALMOST 10. No difference whatsoever. I even took screenshots after each one if anyone cares, but it's easy enough to test on your own.

Edit: Just realized I may be coming across kind of harsh. Maybe there's something else at play, but in my case it didn't seem to make any difference. The difference between 1.2 and 3 should have made it obvious, but idk.

Altissa hotel, make sure you use the clerk on the right. It definitely works .........

On 5/26/2017 at 5:18 PM, DARKB1KE said:

Can you cook without sleeping? 

You can't cook without sleeping. If you want bonuses from food without sleeping, you would need to go to a restaurant in the game. If you're asking because you want to raise the cooking level, you'll just be wasting the materials to level up if you do it all in one go, so you'll want to make a backup save before doing it.

14 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Altissa hotel, make sure you use the clerk on the right. It definitely works .........

When did this work for you? When I went for the plat in January it didn't increase the amount. I tested it by camping outside of the hotel and then reloading the save and trying the hotel. It gave the same amount.

7 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

In Jan/Feb. Best to build up a few 100k in XP before staying, I also remember the hotel cost quite a bit of $.

Will be doing it again next month so will let you know if anything has changed 

Yeah, it works for regular xp no problem. It doesn't seem to work for the "skill xp," though.