Free PSPlus Games for January

Sora9427

5 minutes ago, audiopile said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but why is there only one PS3 game?  I thought 2 per console was the deal...  Plus it's also on the other systems so really there is no PS3 game this month.  Urgh.

\

Blazerush and the Swindle are both playable on PS3. I don't think anywhere ever mentioned two PS3-Exclusive titles, otherwise we're going to have to go back and review all the "Vita" titles, pretty much from the beginning, and have some words with Sony.

Just now, DaivRules said:

\

Blazerush and the Swindle are both playable on PS3. I don't think anywhere ever mentioned two PS3-Exclusive titles, otherwise we're going to have to go back and review all the "Vita" titles, pretty much from the beginning, and have some words with Sony.

I see.  Blazerush isn't up to date in the store then, not showing free yet.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

As someone's status earlier was about them adding games and not realizing until the very end that one had a price, I would also like to think the same things as you, but now I question whether people would pay attention. That person speculated that Sony has probably already made money off the scenario, meaning they believe people wouldn't notice. 

Most of what I would reply to you is what you already posted in response to the status :)

There's enough hints that you're going to pay something before it happens. Double over here since at least in my PSN store I can download PS+ games without ever seeing the cart screen. If I can't click on "download" or "to library" on the game page, something is up.

21 hours ago, mako-heart said:

Not really, because I'm not trying to start anything. It boils down to: I hate Tim.

I don't think you really get how forums work... "I hate that publisher but I won't say why" is not really the way to go on a game forum. Especially if you're quoting someone who likes the developer just to say that.

You can dislike a developer if you want, it's your own opinion after all, but I think that hate without argumentation is never the way to go.

Edited by BillyHorrible
Site is not combining posts like it used to

13 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Most of what I would reply to you is what you already posted in response to the status :)

There's enough hints that you're going to pay something before it happens. Double over here since at least in my PSN store I can download PS+ games without ever seeing the cart screen. If I can't click on "download" or "to library" on the game page, something is up.

The PS+ games still go through the cart process on the UK store on the PC, although it does clearly display the price you'll be paying as £0.00. It even also displays the total original cost the games would be without PS+ as a discount/saving. This month it was around £75.

Edited by Stevieboy

2 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

The PS+ games still go through the cart process on the UK store on the PC, although it does clearly display the price you'll be paying as £0.00. It even also displays the total original cost the games would be without PS+ as a discount/saving. This month it was around £75.

Over here it used to go throught the cart as €0.00 as well but I've been able to direct download the games for what's probably over a year now.

P.S. seeing as you're a mod: was about to report my own double post. I added the stuff from the second to the first myself, could you delete the second for me please?

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

Thanks! So does auto-combining never work now or was it because I'm on my phone and/or not on the last page for the second post?

Sorry, I have literally no idea. Maybe it was just a feature of the previous forum template, and isn't a feature on the new one. Although I haven't seen an increase in double posts since the update, so I dunno.

10 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Gotta be smart with what you buy. If I had a dollar every game I buy that eventually go to PS+, I'd have around $10-15.

Don't buy indie games at all unless you're okay seeing them go free, and you'll likely enjoy these months.

My attention span is horrible so I get bored of the games I have real fast.. So with that being said, I often buy new ones. I was recommended  Day of the Tentacle because my friend had originally played it  on the PC. Not gonna pass off on a recommendation :P  Especially on a really good game like that one.

9 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

It should work. 

But maybe the interval is shorter now?

Second post without edit.

Well as said, I was posting on my phone, and for the second post I went to the previous page so that's two reasons I can think of why it would fail for me.

3 hours ago, DuckSwimmer said:

My attention span is horrible so I get bored of the games I have real fast.. So with that being said, I often buy new ones. I was recommended  Day of the Tentacle because my friend had originally played it  on the PC. Not gonna pass off on a recommendation :P  Especially on a really good game like that one.

My attention span is why I have not yet completed any of the Dragon Ages, the last two Witchers, any Bethesda Fallouts or the last three single player Elder Scrolls, even though I bought all of those and enjoyed them when I started playing. My problem with buying new games is why I force myself now to first finish stuff I already own. For the past two weeks I've been wanting to buy the Metal Slug Anthology, Psychonauts and the ICO / Shadow Of The Colossus combo but I still have enough games in my backlog, both bought and PS+.

Enjoy Day Of The Tentacle, it's awesome!