Flagged in Modern Warfare 2

But correct me if I am wrong but if you have an old save that you didn't sync then wouldn't those trophies just sync for their correct times?

Let me explain.

Let us say you have 2 PS3 and in October you earned a bunch of trophies but never synced those trophies. You go on playing on your other PS3 (same account) but then realize "oh shit I never synced my trophies". So you go back to your old PS3 and sync them.

Now what happens? Do those trophies all pop at the same time and show December 28th as the popped date OR do they say October when you earned them.

The answer is the latter and that is why your story is full of holes :)

@godofrock456  Same thing, happened to me a while back but my time stamps are all legitimate and I used my backup save that I forgot I had stored. Really wished the mod would give a look at my trophy list for this game a look and especially the countless list the other players have on this game because boy oh boy the time gaps for their trophies are ridiculously fast to earn especially the ones who talked shit to me about it a while back. (Probably the ones that got me flagged.) I could probably record and send a video with my iphone cam to show it's definitely my file since the PS3 doesn't let you unlock trophies and save using other peoples' file, unless the PS3's jailbroken or has a custom firmware which mine isn't. 

But yeah, yours are definitely questionable so it's best to hide them. FYI You can be flagged for even using a your own PS cloud save which I think is just BS. This was my only game I was flagged for as well godofrock456 and I suggest if you have other game where you have other trophies obtained like this even though its not supposed to, I suggest you hide them as well.

Edited by axlredgrave

Due to various reasons such as this one, I've sworn off of most FPS games especially CoD and BF games. One example is that I know a few friends that were flagged and not flagged for CoD:BO1 and 2 because some jackass hackers decided to hack and mod the lobby which caused 4-6 of their trophies to pop instantly which seems impossible but I have actually seen this happen to one of them when I went over to his place and watched him play. This also happened to another friend who played on the X360 when I went over to her place. All in all, I quit hunting trophies for BO and BO2 because I am not going to get wrongfully flagged again if this kind of shit happens to me and nothing won't be done about it from the moderators even though it's not the player's fault. If anything, it's these kinds of games that seriously need to be under heavy moderation and surveillance on this site and the respective games' official forums.

Also if you just click on the GAMES category tab on the top this site and look the the Popular Games on the right side, there you go... Those are the games that need to be looked in on closely. People seriously hack on the single player stuff for those games, I mean seriously who does that? It's just single player for goodness sake, are people really that lazy?

Edited by axlredgrave

On 31/12/2016 at 11:01 AM, axlredgrave said:

1- since the PS3 doesn't let you unlock trophies and save using other peoples' file

2- FYI You can be flagged for even using a your own PS cloud save which I think is just BS

1- You can use external sources to bruteforce a savefile and make the system think it belongs to you when it didn't originally, reason why they flag in these scenarios.

2- proof?

On 31/12/2016 at 11:24 AM, axlredgrave said:

All in all, I quit hunting trophies for BO and BO2 because I am not going to get wrongfully flagged again if this kind of shit happens to me and nothing won't be done about it from the moderators even though it's not the player's fault

When you sync trophies you didn't earn yourself, you are taking home a prize you don't deserve, so it's your fault too. You can delete the user from your PS3 before the trophies are synced and then put the user back on again, it's pretty simple.

11 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

1- You can use external sources to bruteforce a savefile and make the system think it belongs to you when it didn't originally, reason why they flag in these scenarios.

2- proof?

When you sync trophies you didn't earn yourself, you are taking home a prize you don't deserve, so it's your fault too. You can delete the user from your PS3 before the trophies are synced and then put the user back on again, it's pretty simple.

1. Didn't know you can do something like that.

2. Various users in PSNProfiles have confirmed this, heck some of them were flagged for it too. Some players use this method of using various backup saves from the cloud to pop as much as trophies they can, all in one go. 

I forgot you can can delete your user data but there's a problem, because some online trophies for a few games are server based these can auto pop when you start and/or end a match online, even after you delete your profile. And really, so it's their fault they wound up in a normal looking lobby that was unwittingly modded by hackers without the players knowledge and consent? This and the server based automatic trophy popping, is NOT the players fault, had it been simple as how you stated it then yes it WOULD be their fault.

Don't get me wrong I would definitely agree with you 100% on the fault, but the fact is that my friend who had 3 of his games' various online trophies pop at once and the fact that he DID delete his profile and data so he can avoid this issue, but to no avail the trophies re-popped doesn't make it his fault even though he tried to rectify this in every possible way. I blame situations like this on the stupid asshat hackers that ruin this for others.

Edited by axlredgrave

55 minutes ago, axlredgrave said:

I forgot you can can delete your user data but there's a problem, because some online trophies for a few games are server based these can auto pop when you start and/or end a match online, even after you delete your profile.

Yup, a friend of mine has been in that situation as well. What he managed to do was simply pop one trophy at a time and turn off his ps3, then wait a few hours, pop another one and then turn off the ps3 again. By the end he had the 100% in 3 weeks after something like a 2 or 3 years gap, by doing this method. It was a pain because he had to turn off the ps3 so many times and always going back offline and checking if he popped just one trophy or multiple, then syncing again. If multiple popped, back to user wiping, downloading all the trophy data again (he had like 6000+ trophies, so it took him about 2h to download it all). Also had to wipe his savedata because it carried the corruption and he forgot to turn on the auto-save prior. He was never found however and never had to hide his profile.

Reason why I asked for proof in 2 is because I was once flagged myself, contested it and won and another member was also flagged for mousecraft, contested and won, all proving we used our savefiles and how we did for such. I think the staff is pretty fair, as long as people can back up their arguments.

Edited by TheYuriG

5 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Reason why I asked for proof in 2 is because I was once flagged myself, contested it and won and another member was also flagged for mousecraft, contested and won, all proving we used our savefiles and how we did for such. I think the staff is pretty fair, as long as people can back up their arguments.

So from what you and others have said in this post and the one you linked, it seems that if you are doing absolutely nothing wrong just playing a game and trophies start popping due to the way the game itself is coded (as might happen in a "hacked lobby"), then your trophies are flagged as illegitimate. But if you manipulate your trophy timestamps by deleting your user profile containing previously earned trophies and then use your save file to pop those trophies again on a different system (as it seems people have been doing with Mousecraft) then everything is completely above board. Am I missing something? Because to me this sounds ridiculously backwards.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, mekktor said:

So from what you and others have said in this post and the one you linked, it seems that if you are doing absolutely nothing wrong just playing a game and trophies start popping due to the way the game itself is coded (as might happen in a "hacked lobby"), then your trophies are flagged as illegitimate. But if you manipulate your trophy timestamps by deleting your user profile containing previously earned trophies and then use your save file to pop those trophies again on a different system (as it seems people have been doing with Mousecraft) then everything is completely above board. Am I missing something? Because to me this sounds ridiculously backwards.

Not quite. It's more about proving that you didn't do the following:

18 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

If you can prove that you didn't do that then your case will be heard. If not, then it will be assumed that you used that method and the game will remained flagged. It might sound harsh, but if we unflagged 1 persons game based on just their "excuse" and without proof then we might as well just unflag pretty much everybody else.

49 minutes ago, mekktor said:

Take as rule of thumb the following saying: if anyone can easily replicate what was done, it doesn't deserve flagging.

2 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

Not quite. It's more about proving that you didn't do the following:

If you can prove that you didn't do that then your case will be heard. If not, then it will be assumed that you used that method and the game will remained flagged. It might sound harsh, but if we unflagged 1 persons game based on just their "excuse" and without proof then we might as well just unflag pretty much everybody else.

So how can I prove in my case that I didn't do just that? Do I just record a video of myself and showing everything that I beat it all legitimately i.e. beat it on Veteran and have all 69 stars etc? Because it's seems impossible in this kind of scenario.

Edited by axlredgrave

2 minutes ago, axlredgrave said:

So how can I prove in my case that I didn't do just that. Do I just record a video of myself and showing everything that I beat it all legitimately i.e. beat it on Veteran and have all 69 stars etc?

I can't say for 100% what would constitute as proof enough to get unflagged as it's not me who makes that kind of decision, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to do that.

2 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

I can't say for 100% what would constitute as proof enough to get unflagged as it's not me who makes that kind of decision, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to do that.

I'll give it a go, can't say when I'll be able to record and post it since I'm a med student now.