MKX and MKXL

KashSenpai

2 hours ago, KashSenpai said:

So I just downloaded MKXL and got a trophy after doing a fatality but it says I got in the MKX game so I went and bought MKX as well and now I'm thinking what's the difference between both these games? 

MKX and XL are the same thing. There is no XL trophy list, only X. XL is just basically your GOTY edition with all the DLC. Try and get a refund.

Edited by skateak

21 hours ago, Greenshyguy said:

Is your version of MKX also digital? If so, you might be able to explain to the customer service rep that you made a mistake and there's no reason for you to purchase an inferior version of a game you already own. 

yes it's digital, i think i may have got a refund because the game doesn't exist on my system anymore, but i haven't been noticed of this by email or anything :/

23 hours ago, Greenshyguy said:

Is your version of MKX also digital? If so, you might be able to explain to the customer service rep that you made a mistake and there's no reason for you to purchase an inferior version of a game you already own. 

yes it's digital just got an email from PS and they said when u were going through the checkout process, you would have seen that by completing the purchase and then downloading the title, you waived your cooling off and cancellation rights. This is confirmed within our Terms of Service. I'm sorry i can't be more help in this instance. So basically coz i downloaded the title after the purchase, i can't get a refund :/. I remember with FIFA on Origin, they gave me a refund after playing the game etc and giving it back in the certain time frame you're allowed to, but i guess some companies just have different Terms and Conditions :/

Edited by KashSenpai

6 minutes ago, KashSenpai said:

yes it's digital just got an email from PS and they said when u were going through the checkout process, you would have seen that by completing the purchase and then downloading the title, you waived your cooling off and cancellation rights. This is confirmed within our Terms of Service. I'm sorry i can't be more help in this instance....? I'm confused what do they mean by this?

Which version did you get first? Because the way it should work is that if you downloaded the base version first, it should not have allowed you to purchase the XL (game of the year?) edition at all. Like, the purchase option should not have shown since the system recognizes you already own the game and instead should just show the DLC packs for purchase.

If it's the other way around in that you have XL first then it should have worked the same way as well but shouldn't have allowed you to purchase MKX.

13 minutes ago, flashpool23 said:

Which version did you get first? Because the way it should work is that if you downloaded the base version first, it should not have allowed you to purchase the XL (game of the year?) edition at all. Like, the purchase option should not have shown since the system recognizes you already own the game and instead should just show the DLC packs for purchase.

If it's the other way around in that you have XL first then it should have worked the same way as well but shouldn't have allowed you to purchase MKX.

I bought the XL version first :/, should i contact them again with this reason?

Edited by KashSenpai

Yes, see what they say. Essentially you've purchased something you already own so the game was already downloaded on your system. 

Might also be worth mentioning that when you purchase a game, the PSN store doesn't let you re-purchase it and only gives you the option to download. So there's no reason why you wouldn't expect the same to show for Mortal Kombat when you already have XL (which is technically the base game plus the added DLC). 

I know when I purchase a season pass, the PSN store doesn't let you purchase individual DLC that are part of the pass. 

Good luck, let us know how you go. 

Edited by Greenshyguy
More info

21 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

this is why you always do research into what you buy before you buy. If im uncertain about something i always ask here or a close friend that would have the answers i need.

anyways good luck on getting the refund although i hear getting one out of Sony is like trying to pull teeth

will do, it was just a spur of the moment  ://

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...