Hello to Everyone here!

HaNocri

Hi,

I am a 25-year old guy from the Czech Republic, maybe among you are few Czechs also. Currently I am a Ph.D. student of modern history (focus on the US) and I joined this site because I like playing on PS3, evidently. It's sort of my guilty pleasure and I would like to share my opinions on videogames with others in a mature and civilized way. I think the videogame industry has made a significant progress over last decade and games are getting relatively better and better. For me the overall experience and joy from gaming is growing and the effort some developers put in their product is simply amazing (notably for me it applies for the Uncharted series, Mass Effect series, Max Payne, Red Dead Redemption and few others).

Also I hope I will find some chat-friends with whom I can share joy of gaming and discuss topics that are not only games-related.

Thank you for reading this.

Have a nice day everyone.

Thank you all! :-)

To Azakos: It is hard to explain. Maybe partly I was driven by the fact that since early childhood I have been influenced by American culture (series, movies, music, art, literature) and the US started to fascinate (i.e. I am very fond of The Strenuous Life by Theodore Roosevelt) and so on... Eventually, I am here thinking about my dissertation on the influence of the American populist movement on domestic politics of the US :-) and, at the moment, reading John Adams by McCullough :-)

What is your occupation, if I may ask? Do you study or work?

• 2 weeks later...