PS Now on PS Vita?

Verona7881

15 minutes ago, Verona7881 said:

Dear gamers,

I have a question.

I know PS Now is on PS Vita in USA but somebody knows or heard when it comes on PS Vita in Europe?

Verona

Could be entirely wrong since I don't care about it and haven't looked into it, but if memory serves, they only rolled the service out in certain places because said places had higher average internet speeds? Maybe when Europe collectively gets better internet it will pop up there? I don't know. Australia has shitty internet in a surprisingly high number of houses, and we don't have PSNow either.

4 hours ago, Verona7881 said:

Dear gamers,

I have a question.

I know PS Now is on PS Vita in USA but somebody knows or heard when it comes on PS Vita in Europe?

Verona

Shouldn't PS Now be available in the Netherlands already?

https://www.playstation.com/nl-nl/explore/playstation-now/

I know that it rolled out in UK and some other countries but most of Europe has no access to it right now. But AFAIK the Benelux-countries have access to it.

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I know that it rolled out in UK and some other countries but most of Europe has no access to it right now. But AFAIK the Benelux-countries have access to it.

It is, but not on Vita.

4 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

2 hours ago, Verona7881 said:

It is, but not on Vita.

It is available in the Netherlands (I already used it for one month) but I'm pretty sure it's still in its beta phase. That might be why it isn't available on the Vita yet.

11 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

PS Now is available on Vita?

Yep, there's a PS Now-app for Vita:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/apps/playstationnow/cid=IP9100-PCSI00013_00-SFPROD0000000000

(link works for US-accounts)

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It is available in the Netherlands (I already used it for one month) but I'm pretty sure it's still in its beta phase. That might be why it isn't available on the Vita yet.

Still in beta? I'm surprised. And in the rest of Europe we still have to wait. I was only able to take part in the beta but only tested it for a few minutes as I didn't care for the original inFAMOUS-games or Last of Us. But from what I played (God of War I and Sly 4) I had to say that I was quite impressed. ^^

4 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Yep, there's a PS Now-app for Vita:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/apps/playstationnow/cid=IP9100-PCSI00013_00-SFPROD0000000000

(link works for US-accounts)

Wow, Sony planned big.

It would be a bit funny if they scrap this when they finally bring Now to EU despite EU being savior of Vita in the west =D

On 13-1-2017 at 9:19 AM, Lucas said:

Ah! Maybe that is the reason. I'm right now in the USA, and noticed that PS Now was in the PS Store on my bf's Vita. I really hope Europe get it soon too, to be honest, it's not bad at all. Good quality!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-01-14 at 2:50 PM, Verona7881 said:

Ah! Maybe that is the reason. I'm right now in the USA, and noticed that PS Now was in the PS Store on my bf's Vita. I really hope Europe get it soon too, to be honest, it's not bad at all. Good quality!

Yeah it works surprisingly well, even on my awful connection!

And the app is really nice, the live area links all your most recent games right there for quick access. Which is awesome. And it doesn't clutter things up like PS4 does with each new title per game... and it's not horrible like PS3, since on PS3 you have to go to the PS Store to use PS Now... and the PS Store on there is unstable to say the least. You'll be lucky to even find a game you want to play before it just up and crashes on you.

Why there's no dedicated app for PS3 is beyond me. But whatever.