Which factors influence a player being listed as the first to obtain a trophy?

timey77

Hi guys,

If there's an existing thread about this topic please post a link. I couln't find one but I'd love to know!

Two days ago, a new patch was released for the game Hyper Light Drifter and it added 3 trophies. I went ahead and earned two of them the same night. When I checked here the following morning I found that I was listed as the first to obtain these trophies (for this version of the game, there are two). I got a little hyped (silly me ;)) and earned the third trophy as well. Looking at the set just now, I found my trophies have not yet been updated and the game still shows 95%. However, the third trophy now shows another player who has earned the trophy ahead of me. Comparing our timestamps, it seems as if has he earned them several hours later, though.

I get to my actual questions now: When my trophies update, will I be listed as the first obtainer again?

Furthermore, a guy posted the screenshot of him earning the third trophy on the first night. Yet, he is nowhere to be found, his name won't appear with any of the two versions of the game listed. Should his profile update, will he take the first place?

This also makes me wonder: Just how reliable is the tracking on Psnprofiles?

Looking forward to your replies. Have a nice weekend, lads :)

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

Edit: I just looked at the dlc trophies for the game you mentioned and all the timestamps are in order. I'm not sure what you could be referring to.

Well, I'm listed for Boss Rush 1+2, but not Boss Rush 3 despite having earned it yesterday. This is why I started to wonder and, subsequently, this post. Maybe I'm not expressing myself properly? English is not my mother tongue so I apologize if I'm confussing you.

timey77 i think is asking this

if they earned the trophy at 4pm but their trophies have not synced yet and anther person earned that trophy at 10 pm but their trophies did sync but shows that person and not timey77 as the 1st even tho timey77 earned it 6 hours previous to the other player

all time frames are made up its just an example

• Like 1

As for your question of PSNPs reliability, PSNP just gets all it's information from PSN, PSNP just displays it. So the the placements are dependent on tge timestamps obtained via PSN. Also, users who don't create a profile (or sync) on PSNP won't have their PSN info on PSNP. So in a months time if John Doe syncs to PSNP which he never has before, he could be 1st. This is why PSNP and PSN trophy % differ too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lion of the Lolis said:

As for your question of PSNPs reliability, PSNP just gets all it's information from PSN, PSNP just displays it. So the the placements are dependent on tge timestamps obtained via PSN. Also, users who don't create a profile (or sync) on PSNP won't have their PSN info on PSNP. So in a months time if John Doe syncs to PSNP which he never has before, he could be 1st. This is why PSNP and PSN trophy % differ too.

This pretty much answers my question, cheers!

• Like 1

It only goes by timestamp from PSN. 

Doesn't matter if you sync a month later... if you did it (the trophy first), you'll be first. 

It just matters when other people sync so that it displays on psnprofiles.  Even if you think you got it first, there may be others who beat your time and are late to sync.  So you'll see the leaderboards adjust over time. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Greenshyguy said:

Nope, it's just how the site works.

Sure, but how am I suppossed to know this? I can think of many possible ways in which this might work so I was actually hoping for some kind of confirmation, e.g. a thread named "This his how Psnprofiles tracks your trophies" or something among those lines. Had too many bad exp with people "assuming" stuff and propagating it as if it were the truth.

19 minutes ago, timey77 said:

Sure, but how am I suppossed to know this? I can think of many possible ways in which this might work so I was actually hoping for some kind of confirmation, e.g. a thread named "This his how Psnprofiles tracks your trophies" or something among those lines. Had too many bad exp with people "assuming" stuff and propagating it as if it were the truth.

Just take a look at new trophies.  You'll notice a pattern right away how they work.  New usernames will move up and down the leaderboard.  The first earner one week may end up barely in top 50 by the next week.  It's probably very basic API function that Sony allows to call trophy data. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

Ok, I will watch some of the new games/trophies and see how they move up and down the leaderboards. Now, if only I could make sense of the stuff in your API link. I'm such an idiot when it comes to tech-stuff ;)

Thx for kindly bearing with me here, guys, much appreciated!!!

On 1/15/2017 at 5:24 AM, timey77 said:

Ok, I will watch some of the new games/trophies and see how they move up and down the leaderboards. Now, if only I could make sense of the stuff in your API link. I'm such an idiot when it comes to tech-stuff ;)

Thx for kindly bearing with me here, guys, much appreciated!!!

I don't know much about API either, just that people who create addons and stuff for PC games can sometimes use them if the developers have enabled these functions on their servers. 

So for example if someone wanted to make a DPS (damage per second) addon, it allows them to call the game server to show that information.  Stuff like that. 

So for trophies and timestamps, all that information is public and can be displayed on a site like this one.   

• Like 1