Collectibles Glitching

So I had 36/37 before the last optional conversation, I initiated the last conversation, no trophy pop and the statistics still say 36/37 - anyone have this happen or know a work around?

I also have a problem with the comics I have collected all comics, no trophy pop, I checked the statistics and it says 13 comics, yet there are only meant to be 12 according to the guide - anyone had this problem or know a work around.

Any help/ solutions on these problems will be greatly appreciated. 

All the collectibles related trophies in this game are glitched, this happened to me too and I had to do another new game plus to get the optional conversations and jokes that the game didn't record, and there is no way to know which conversion was missing so I had to do all of them until the trophy poped.

Edited by bh_tornado

The collectibles are notorious for not registering properly in The Last of Us, I had glitches in both versions. The only thing you can really do is save before you pick anything up/initiate a conversation and check the stat in question. If it doesn't increase like it should, reload and try again 

The conversation that did not count for me was in the small group of houses before you assault the sniper where the house says ' trespassers will be shot'.( can't remember chapter name buy there are several conversations here about a barbecue and at the ice cream truck as well as the darts)  I definitely got it in my playthrough and read somewhere that this one commonly glitches. I played it again in chapter select and the trophy popped. No idea about comics though as I had no problems with that.

So it looks like chapter select and new game plus is where I'll have to try again for the glitched trophies. Can anyone confirm collectibles show up in new game plus cause I've heard they don't if you picked them up in your previous playthrough?

On the PS3 I had no problems with any of the collectibles, everything either popped before I met the requirements like the scavenger trophy or once I met the requirements like every other collectible trophy/ 

don't know about the ps4 version but in the ps3's each time a patch been released for the game the number of collectables you found + how many times you beat this difficulty or that + how much shiv required door to open you have opened etc, all will be reset to zero, I think this will gonna hunt you save file forever.

I didn't check and I kinda do not recommend it, but try to delete your save files and start all over again.

• 3 weeks later...

It ended up taking me 3 play-throughs before I realised, what I had done wrong.

So my original play-through I ended the game with 36/37, I followed a guide for the conversations and swear I hit everyone conversation and after the last one I checked and it said 36/37 so I restarted checkpoint and check my stats and it still said 36/37 so after numerous restarts of console, game and checkpoints, I decided to do it in my NG+ 

In my NG+ the stats still showed 36/37, so I began the conversation run and about half way through the game so 18 conversations in I decided to check my stats and it now said I had 8/37. I then chose just to finish the NG+ and was going to start a fresh but change my mind and decided to do it on my Grounded run. For the third time got up a guide and ran through the game checking after each conversation if it counted some didn't since the 8/37 decided to carry over.

I then got to the last conversation and once more 36/37. I went through many forums to see and tried the different ways people said might get it to pop (university, the hunt, ect). No luck, I was thinking I needed to delete data and start fresh and speed run it in one go, when i was looking at a text guide and stumbled on to one I don't remember doing - Right at the start of the Bus Depot once you gain control of Joel, as long as you stand still and after Joel has finished talking about teaching Ellie the guitar, theres a prompt for a conversation. Boom did the conversation and the trophy popped.

I felt like an idiot, as I don't remember watching that one in two different video guides, I always went straight to the airplane picture. So I am assuming I miss that one in my first playthrough as well. Needless to say I was happy I didn't have to do another play-through but felt like an idiot.

*Also an update for the comics, the guide I was looking at on PSN Profiles only said 12 comics when there was 14 comics and on the last comic the trophy popped no problem*  

Edited by nate_drake117

• 2 months later...

So I've finished my 3rd playthrough missing 2 shiv doors and a conversation.  Followed a guide perfectly and this still happens.  I'm over it! 

Update.  I managed to get the trophies mid way through my 4th playthrough. The doors and conversations I missed were the ones right before it autosaved and quitted on my collectible playthrough. Maybe it doesn't save them correctly if you quit not long after. 

Edited by closertim
Update