Fire Emblem Heroes on Mobile

TheVader66

Sheesh. How many versions of Xander do we need? I can't stand the guy and I just know I'm going to get him as soon as I touch a green orb.

Aaaaand that's all for my complaints about the livestream. Holy crap, it's like Christmas in August. I'll be honest here, I've been more than a little bit pissed at Nintendo and IS for Fire Emblem's change of direction ever since Awakening hit so I wasn't really expecting much from Heroes but I've got to hand it to them: they've been delivering non-stop. Runs surprisingly fast for a mobage, premium currency is overpriced imo but they're pretty generous with freebies and they update it often and with plenty of stuff each time. Colour me impressed.

Will be rolling non-stop for FCorrin, always wanted a flying mage. Good job hijacking Camilla's wyvern.

Nice to get some more Sacred Stones love, but I wish they picked someone else. Valter's the bad guy everyone remembers and loves to hate, but I thought he was kind of forgettable myself. But hey, better than Caellach.

3 hours ago, TooruPT said:

Sheesh. How many versions of Xander do we need? I can't stand the guy and I just know I'm going to get him as soon as I touch a green orb.

Aaaaand that's all for my complaints about the livestream. Holy crap, it's like Christmas in August. I'll be honest here, I've been more than a little bit pissed at Nintendo and IS for Fire Emblem's change of direction ever since Awakening hit so I wasn't really expecting much from Heroes but I've got to hand it to them: they've been delivering non-stop. Runs surprisingly fast for a mobage, premium currency is overpriced imo but they're pretty generous with freebies and they update it often and with plenty of stuff each time. Colour me impressed.

Will be rolling non-stop for FCorrin, always wanted a flying mage. Good job hijacking Camilla's wyvern.

Nice to get some more Sacred Stones love, but I wish they picked someone else. Valter's the bad guy everyone remembers and loves to hate, but I thought he was kind of forgettable myself. But hey, better than Caellach.

lol, funnily enough, I'm fine with all the Xanders, yet I'm hypocritical and will say that I don't like all the Lucina's, even though they both have 3. Xander's also my sister's favorite character, so she loved that I have all 3 versions of him.

Right? There's so much awesome stuff going on. I don't feel the same as you about Awakening, along with Fates and Echoes, I feel the series is better than ever right now. I know that people don't like them for various reasons, mostly elitists, probably never having played the game, whining about how the newer games are "all about the waifus", and I will not doubt many people played it just for that, sadly, because the stories were great, but you can't deny that if Awakening hadn't sold as well as it did, the series wouldn't be here right now. Hell, Fates even blew the Awakening sales out of the water and was even better imo. Same with Heroes, it's just amazing, compared to other mobile games, which I only ever play for like a couple days and stop; Brave Frontier and Final Fantasy Brave Exvius are 2 examples that just didn't seem good to me, but I've been playing Heroes since day 1, every single day, and actually spend plenty of money on it.

Here's hoping you manage to get her, also, lol, glad someone else thought the same as me.

Yeah, Valter's nice and all, but I'm still waiting for Lyon here.

1 hour ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

lol, funnily enough, I'm fine with all the Xanders, yet I'm hypocritical and will say that I don't like all the Lucina's, even though they both have 3. Xander's also my sister's favorite character, so she loved that I have all 3 versions of him.

Right? There's so much awesome stuff going on. I don't feel the same as you about Awakening, along with Fates and Echoes, I feel the series is better than ever right now. I know that people don't like them for various reasons, mostly elitists, probably never having played the game, whining about how the newer games are "all about the waifus", and I will not doubt many people played it just for that, sadly, because the stories were great, but you can't deny that if Awakening hadn't sold as well as it did, the series wouldn't be here right now. Hell, Fates even blew the Awakening sales out of the water and was even better imo. Same with Heroes, it's just amazing, compared to other mobile games, which I only ever play for like a couple days and stop; Brave Frontier and Final Fantasy Brave Exvius are 2 examples that just didn't seem good to me, but I've been playing Heroes since day 1, every single day, and actually spend plenty of money on it.

Here's hoping you manage to get her, also, lol, glad someone else thought the same as me.

Yeah, Valter's nice and all, but I'm still waiting for Lyon here.

Awakening was a fine game and I'm glad it did well. Some stuff I didn't quite like but well, par for the course in gaming I suppose. Fates however... eh. I feel like they picked up every single thing I didn't like about Awakening and filled the gaps with some more stuff I don't like. Having played Birthright first didn't help too. Echoes looks good though (haven't tried it yet), so hopefully Fates was just a bump in the road.

Mobile games are usually poorly optimized so it was a pleasant surprise to see Heroes actually running smoothly on my old tablet and with barely any loading times. It has yet to crash on me too. Hats off to IS for not trying to get away with a barely playable mess.

With all these orbs in the horizon and a month-long banner, I'll be disappointed if I don't. To put it nicely.

I imagine Lyon won't be released as a random GHB, being the big bad and all. At least I hope not, it would make more sense to release a Sacred Stones banner and chapter/paralogue (possibly with Lyon as an enemy unit) and then hold the GHB.

Also, couldn't help but notice the FF12 plat. Good job, great game. :platinum:

Edited by TooruPT

Just now, TooruPT said:

Awakening was a fine game and I'm glad it did well. Some stuff I didn't quite like but well, par for the course in gaming I suppose. Fates however... eh. I feel like they picked up every single thing I didn't like about Awakening and filled the gaps with some more stuff I don't like. Having played Birthright first didn't help too. Echoes looks good though (haven't tried it yet), so hopefully Fates was just a bump in the road.

Mobile games are usually poorly optimized so it was a pleasant surprise to see Heroes actually running smoothly on my old tablet and with barely any loading times. It has yet to crash on me too. Hats off to IS for not trying to get away with a barely playable mess.

With all these orbs in the horizon and a month-long banner, I'll be disappointed if I don't. To put it nicely.

I imagine Lyon won't be released as a random GHB, being the big bad and all. At least I hope not, it would make more sense to release a Sacred Stones banner and chapter/paralogue (possibly with Lyon as an enemy unit) and then hold the GHB.

Also, couldn't help but notice the FF12 plat. Good job, fine game. :platinum:

I get you. I got the LE of Fates, so I got all 3 games on 1 card and started with Birthright, and thought it was fun, but after I played Conquest, I found that one to be so much better. I think you'll enjoy Echoes, it was really nice.

I'll believe you, since I barely play anything mobile. Funny enough, when this was first announced as just FE Mobile, I didn't care, but when they had the FE direct and showed it off, I immediately per-registered for the game.

Yeah, I don't want them to be just like "Here's Lyon, have fun" but I feel like it might be a little hard to put him in a banner now. I can only imagine a focus consisting of characters like Glen, Selena, Duessel, and maybe Cormag, just to go with the Grado characters, would make sense to put him in. I don't wanna see Caellach or Riev in this.

Thanks, loved every minute of it.

Oh, I didn't mean they should put Lyon in a banner. He'll have his own GHB, no doubt about it (unless they come up with something better). I meant they should do something like they did with Bitter Enemies. Add a fancy story chapter where you fight characters from a new banner plus some unobtainables and save the latter for future events, like they did with Berkut and Clive. I'd say it's a fitting introduction for major villains.

4 minutes ago, TooruPT said:

Oh, I didn't mean they should put Lyon in a banner. He'll have his own GHB, no doubt about it (unless they come up with something better). I meant they should do something like they did with Bitter Enemies. Add a fancy story chapter where you fight characters from a new banner plus some unobtainables and save the latter for future events, like they did with Berkut and Clive. I'd say it's a fitting introduction for major villains.

Yeah, I know what you meant, but I was saying the characters in the banner need to be compliment to him, he can't just team up with characters like Innes, Joshua, or Myrrh, and the like.

I looked and my wording was off in the last post, I meant to say "Put him alongside a banner" not "Put him in a banner" my bad.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

Just now, TheFinalEmblem said:

Yeah, I know what you meant, but I was saying the characters in the banner need to be compliment to him, he can't just team up with characters like Innes, Joshua, or Myrrh, and the like.

Ah, I see. Agreed.

Now you got me wondering about Selena though. Will they just add two characters with the same name? There's Tiki, Robin and Corrin already but I don't think they'll do it with completely different characters. See, this is why you don't randomly change characters' names between regions. :P

1 minute ago, TooruPT said:

Ah, I see. Agreed.

Now you got me wondering about Selena though. Will they just add two characters with the same name? There's Tiki, Robin and Corrin already but I don't think they'll do it with completely different characters. See, this is why you don't randomly change characters' names between regions. :P

lol, yeah, I know what you mean. I don't see why it would be a problem, and it'd be stupid if they didn't add someone just because of the name being the same to a later character. I do question some name changes yeah, like Luna to Selena, like why? I could probably say why; to make it close to Severa, not like we didn't immediately know who she, Odin, and Lasward actually were. I don't really have a problem as long as it's not way out there, but yeah, they screwed themselves with some name changes. Besides, SS Selena came first, so... yeah.

So, apparently some people weren't able to get their log-in bonus on 7/28, from about the times of 12:55AM EST to 2:59AM EST (Glad I get my rewards asap). Those who were unable to get the bonus will be getting the 2 orbs next week.

Apart from that, the Voting Gauntlet is starting tomorrow!

heroes-beach-battle.png

Gaius v. Frederick

Leo v. Xander

Robin v. Tiki

F!Corrin v. Elise

I'm going with team Xander all the way! My predicitions for R1 will be Frederick, Xander, Robin, and Elise, for R2 will be Xander and Elise, and the winner will be Elise. They still have that crazy bonus point rule in effect, where it'll go up to x7.5, so rubberbanding will happen often, making it quite unpredictable.

Also, here's a timeline of all the awesome things happening from tomorrow until mid-way into September!

feh-august-schedule.jpg

A lot of nice things going on, so get ready for all those sweet, sweet orbs! Out of everything, I still can't wait for the Catalogue of Heroes so I no longer need to keep a checklist myself, and also, the Hero Fest, I'm very curious who'll be in it. I can assume when the game updates to v 1.6, people will datamine and be able to find it, but I intend to stay away from that, as usual, so please, if someone finds it and intends to post it, do so under a spoiler and mark it. The Tempest Trial though... ugh. At the least, those first two times having 3x the points is very nice.

Here's the arena bonus characters for the next two seasons, for anyone wondering.

DGG9invVYAAlfKJ.jpg

---

Round 1 of the Gauntlet is almost over, and if things keep going the way they are, with no one getting into disadvantage range, it looks like the winners of R1 may be Gaius, Leo, Robin, and F!Corrin. If this happens, the I'm only 1 for 4 in guesses, and I'll have to hop to another team.

---

A Life and Death banner featuring Hana, Jaffar, and Minerva has gone up, just as I assumed it would sometime... But why during the limited Nohrian Summer? I would absolutely love to summon from this banner, but... I still have limited characters to get.

---

The 1.6 update is out and oh dear god what did they do to the sorting. When I select level, they put all the +characters at the top, which I guess makes sense, but it screwed up where all the 5*s were on top, then 4*s, then 3*s. I see why they did it, but damn, it screwed me up. I love the catalogue, because I don't need to keep a checklist myself. It's total ass that only characters you see after the 1.6 update that you don't have are added... Also, Summer Gaius' art got altered? I don't see how, but okay. I definitely enjoy that you can cycle the tower enemies, so if you're trying to clear the 10th Stratum with special teams, you can keep cycling until you get a map with 3 units or something.

---

Arena Assault is out and holy fucking shit, all those 5* +10 characters that have the top score, it's hilarious. Anyway, I stuck with beginner all the way through just to play it safe, and I managed to get through easily with only 1 death because of stupidity. I may try for Intermediate difficulty sometime later, but Advanced... hmm... I don't really think I can take all that on with 7 different teams. I will definitely try and stay above rank 300K, just so I can get some of those Sacred Coins. I need to know what they do!

Also, a focus for the Tempest Trial coming up came out, featuring Celica, Delthea, Gray, and Sonya.

---

The Hero Fest is here, and along with it, Ike, Genny, Julia, and Ninian! All of them are good in their own way, and it's pretty awesome. The beginner daily orbs are being distributed now, so you can get 4 orbs daily now. The Tempest Trials are coming tomorrow, so Clive will be up for grabs.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

• 2 weeks later...

New armor! Get in!

Very scary new armor too. Amelia and Tana's movement skills will surely shake Arena up a bit. Looks like a very nice banner overall, except for Seth. His skills aren't particularly impressive but I'll wait for his stats.

New Hero Fest was nice, if a bit odd. Everyone saw Ike coming, maybe Julia too, but Ninian and Genny were a bit of a surprise. I got Julia (-spd +def ;_;), not sure if I'll go for Ike. I'm trying to get Celica from the TT banner now, but got my third Delthea instead. Like she wasn't enough of a monster with the TT stat boost already. 40 base speed, all aboard the loli steamroller. As for Nohrian Summer, still no Corrin or any other 5*, rate at 4%. I'll get her yet. Elise would be nice too but I'm not touching a green orb in that thing, I just know I'll get Xander.

Also, Clive. AKA mounted Tobin. I know they're free units but geez, do they have to suck this bad?

2 hours ago, TooruPT said:

New armor! Get in!

Very scary new armor too. Amelia and Tana's movement skills will surely shake Arena up a bit. Looks like a very nice banner overall, except for Seth. His skills aren't particularly impressive but I'll wait for his stats.

New Hero Fest was nice, if a bit odd. Everyone saw Ike coming, maybe Julia too, but Ninian and Genny were a bit of a surprise. I got Julia (-spd +def ;_;), not sure if I'll go for Ike. I'm trying to get Celica from the TT banner now, but got my third Delthea instead. Like she wasn't enough of a monster with the TT stat boost already. 40 base speed, all aboard the loli steamroller. As for Nohrian Summer, still no Corrin or any other 5*, rate at 4%. I'll get her yet. Elise would be nice too but I'm not touching a green orb in that thing, I just know I'll get Xander.

Also, Clive. AKA mounted Tobin. I know they're free units but geez, do they have to suck this bad?

Fucking awesome, I woke up and saw this and was immediately hyped to see Amelia.

Yeah, the movement based skills will definitely be passed around quite a bit, and I would say Amelia's skill is integral to Armor Emblem teams, but it takes the C slot, so no Fortify Armor skills and such.

Yeah, it's pretty easy to see why Ike and Julia got in, as for Genny, it's because of Wrathful staff, and Ninian because she's a dancer. I summoned once from the Hero Fest and ended up getting 2 Julia's, so mine is now +2, lol. Ouch, that's probably the worst one to get, too. GJ on the Delthea, didn't get anything of interest from the TT banner myself. My friend is still going for Elise, as for me, I'm just doing what I can, I got Xander and Leo literally minutes into the event on my first summon, then I summoned another Xander on my next summon. Last night I got 4 reds and 1 green, and the green ended up being a 5* Soren (-HP, +Def) Still awesome though. Legit, Summer Xander is a great unit. Mine is +Def -Spd. His attack and Def are nuts, and while Fire Boost 3 is nice, giving him something like Fortress Def from Lukas would only help him more, getting him to 44 Def, and having 43 Atk. Because he's fused, though, he got 1 more point in HP and Def, I think, so he has an even 40 Def for me.

Got 4* Clive, haven't trained him up yet since I'm going for 5*. Also, Tobin's bad? He's actually pretty useful to me. I mean, yeah, he may not match up to the higher up characters, but he doesn't get lost in the middle or the bottom like some characters.

57 minutes ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

Fucking awesome, I woke up and saw this and was immediately hyped to see Amelia.

Yeah, the movement based skills will definitely be passed around quite a bit, and I would say Amelia's skill is integral to Armor Emblem teams, but it takes the C slot, so no Fortify Armor skills and such.

Yeah, it's pretty easy to see why Ike and Julia got in, as for Genny, it's because of Wrathful staff, and Ninian because she's a dancer. I summoned once from the Hero Fest and ended up getting 2 Julia's, so mine is now +2, lol. Ouch, that's probably the worst one to get, too. GJ on the Delthea, didn't get anything of interest from the TT banner myself. My friend is still going for Elise, as for me, I'm just doing what I can, I got Xander and Leo literally minutes into the event on my first summon, then I summoned another Xander on my next summon. Last night I got 4 reds and 1 green, and the green ended up being a 5* Soren (-HP, +Def) Still awesome though. Legit, Summer Xander is a great unit. Mine is +Def -Spd. His attack and Def are nuts, and while Fire Boost 3 is nice, giving him something like Fortress Def from Lukas would only help him more, getting him to 44 Def, and having 43 Atk. Because he's fused, though, he got 1 more point in HP and Def, I think, so he has an even 40 Def for me.

Got 4* Clive, haven't trained him up yet since I'm going for 5*. Also, Tobin's bad? He's actually pretty useful to me. I mean, yeah, he may not match up to the higher up characters, but he doesn't get lost in the middle or the bottom like some characters.

True, Amelia's movement skill does have the downside of forcing players to drop an armor buff but I'd say it's still very much worth it. I do wonder why they gave her an axe when she starts off as a soldier though.

I... think I have a 4* Soren? I'm not sure. If I did get him I probably didn't pay much attention since I'd already built a 5* Nino by then, word is he's good but also pretty much the green Spring Lucina: great nuke but everything she does Linde and Delthea can do better. As for Xander, I have no idea how good of a unit he is (Fire Boost is great though), my only issue with every single one of his version is I can't stand the guy. He's popular though, so what can I do. I know I'll see a lot more of him in future seasonal events, I've come to terms with it. :P

The thing about Tobin is he's only really useful as a tank. His base kit is laughable so he's expensive to build, his stat spread is unimpressive apart from his defense, limited availability so you can't merge him past +1 and even if you do all that, there are a couple of swords can tank better and serve other roles at the same time. He's widely considered the weakest sword in the game. Clive is not quite as weak and can always rely on cavalry buffs but again, apart from Hit and Run his base kit is weak. Very nice defense though.

Edited by TooruPT

4 hours ago, TooruPT said:

True, Amelia's movement skill does have the downside of forcing players to drop an armor buff but I'd say it's still very much worth it. I do wonder why they gave her an axe when she starts off as a soldier though.

Well, given the wording of it, she's the only one who needs it, and you just need to keep an armored unit around her at all times so it'll affect everyone. I guess you could have Effie, Hector, Zeph, and Amelia as an Armor team and it'll work out, I guess. That's just me, though.

1 hour ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

Well, given the wording of it, she's the only one who needs it, and you just need to keep an armored unit around her at all times so it'll affect everyone. I guess you could have Effie, Hector, Zeph, and Amelia as an Armor team and it'll work out, I guess. That's just me, though.

Armor Emblem teams usually stick together anyway so that shouldn't be a problem.

Tana's Guidance could be even more interesting for armors, depending on who can inherit it. Having someone as a walking Wings of Mercy beacon for armors to abuse sounds scary, even if they can't be more than two spaces away. Fail to ORKO a Guidance unit and you could get the entire team on your face. Tana herself will probably be a bit harder to kill in melee than the average flier, with her passive 7 def bonus on the enemy turn.

Woo, got my Corrin. -HP +res. Pretty harmless IVs, I guess. Won't help her but won't hurt her either.

As for the Sacred Stones free summon... tapped a blue orb and got a certain female pegasus knight with a ponytail who had an older brother introduced in the game quite recently.

I'm talking about Clair, of course. 4*. Held my breath for a half-second when I saw the silhouette though. ;(

Woo, got my Corrin. -HP +res. Pretty harmless IVs, I guess. Won't help her but won't hurt her either.

As for the Sacred Stones free summon... tapped a blue orb and got a certain female pegasus knight with a ponytail who had an older brother introduced in the game quite recently.

I'm talking about Clair, of course. 4*. Held my breath for a half-second when I saw the silhouette though. ;(

Nice job on getting Corrin.

I summoned from the SS this morning, had 3 blues, a colorless, and a red. Got 4* Pieri (finally), 4* Nowi, 4* Kagerou, 5* Azura, and 4* Lasward, so overall a good summon. The Azura was -Def, don't remember the +, but that -Def hurts so much worse than the -Spd one I already have, who is coincidentally +Def, so I just fused her.

1 minute ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

I summoned from the SS this morning, had 3 blues, a colorless, and a red. Got 4* Pieri (finally), 4* Nowi, 4* Kagerou, 5* Azura, and 4* Lasward, so overall a good summon. The Azura was -Def, don't remember the +, but that -Def hurts so much worse than the -Spd one I already have, who is coincidentally +Def, so I just fused her.

Congrats. 16 orbs well spent. Gotta love that 4* rate increase, haven't seen Jagen since.

Congrats. 16 orbs well spent. Gotta love that 4* rate increase, haven't seen Jagen since.

Right? But I only summon from the focuses once for the freebie and only having to use 15 orbs, and then go back to the Nohrian Summer because I love trying for them limited units. Still looking for Corrin and Elise. Knowing me, I'll get another Xander and he'll be +2, which I actually would welcome.

Just now, TheFinalEmblem said:

Right? But I only summon from the focuses once for the freebie and only having to use 15 orbs, and then go back to the Nohrian Summer because I love trying for them limited units. Still looking for Corrin and Elise. Knowing me, I'll get another Xander and he'll be +2, which I actually would welcome.

I'd like to get Elise but I'm probably done with NS. Will probably focus on Sacred World now, I could use a new bonus unit for the arena. Can't be arsed investing in Alph or Legion.

Just now, TooruPT said:

I'd like to get Elise but I'm probably done with NS. Will probably focus on Sacred World now, I could use a new bonus unit for the arena. Can't be arsed investing in Alph or Legion.

Makes sense. Amelia is still my most wanted one, but I'll bank on getting her sometime later. I know that in the maps, the game bolsters the stats of units, usually HP and Atk, but when I looked at her speed, as an armored unit, I flipped. If she has even anywhere close to the amount of speed she has on the Lunatic maps, she's going to be even more of an insane unit.

3 minutes ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

Makes sense. Amelia is still my most wanted one, but I'll bank on getting her sometime later. I know that in the maps, the game bolsters the stats of units, usually HP and Atk, but when I looked at her speed, as an armored unit, I flipped. If she has even anywhere close to the amount of speed she has on the Lunatic maps, she's going to be even more of an insane unit.

That was my reaction too. I though she was going to be good before I knew her stats, now it's just crazy. Almost as impressive is Innes' defense. Good luck looking good in front of your kid sister.

3 minutes ago, TooruPT said:

That was my reaction too. I though she was going to be good before I knew her stats, now it's just crazy. Almost as impressive is Innes' defense. Good luck looking good in front of your kid sister.

He's totally built to be a mage killer, straight up and nothing more. That number hurts, lol. With what he has, he can totally laugh at -raven characters with Triangle Adept 3.

40 minutes ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

He's totally built to be a mage killer, straight up and nothing more. That number hurts, lol. With what he has, he can totally laugh at -raven characters with Triangle Adept 3.

He'll be great at that at least but I can't say I'm too fond of specialized characters like that, an absolute monster in one specific situation, a pushover at everything else. Investing in a character that won't see much use outside of quests for specific maps... meh. I like a bit of versatility in my party. But hey I'll take whatever gets all them Reinhardts outta my face I suppose.

A new focus came out today, -Blade tome users, Nino, Odin, and Tharja. This one, I already knew I wasn't gonna do anything other than the free summon, so I tried for Nino and got 4* Barst instead...

Also Daily Training Tower quests are here, and they will be for quite a while. They're pretty easy, too, only requiring you to beat the 4th, 7th, and 10th Stratum once.