Edited by totallycrushed
♥ was censored so I changed it =)
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

Want to pay and spray while being great squad/team player? Support

Want to be precise and still be a great squad/team player? Medic

Want to be useful when the tanks and behemoths roll in? Assault

Want to be an useless a-hole with no purpose? Recon

LOL yeah I didn't like recon either, quite pointless to camp from afar if you ask me.

1 minute ago, HaserPL said:

I'm a Call Of Duty pleya so when I played BF1 on PC for a 10 hours maybe, I feel the most capable with Support. But honestly, just play for a few games with each of those classes and you will figure which is the best for you.

Very true. The trophies require you to play a pretty hefty amount with each one and I can confidently say support is my favorite.

2 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

LOL yeah I didn't like recon either, quite pointless to camp from afar if you ask me.

I should probably add that Recon is useless since you can't give any kind of support action with it unlike other classes and unlike Recon classes in earlier BFs.

Also the fact that most newbies pick the Recon class and can't compensate for the very low bullet drop that BF1 has and targets that move.

• Like 1

It all depends on your playstyle really. I liked Assault the most at first since it was simple running and gunning plus you had gear that could deal with tanks. But recently I've had more fun being a Medic since I feel more useful just tossing out healing packs and reviving people. Plus reviving people can be frustrating for the other team because if you're really good at it, you can help your team take over an Objective since they don't have to respawn.

Scout is okay but you have to be really patient and know all the good hiding spots. I didn't like it that much because I feel like I'm just sitting there doing nothing for 10 minutes before I get a kill. Though there are some people that are really good at it so I guess it's just a matter of knowing the right spot. But it is pretty satisfying when you do snipe someone though.

Support is my least favorite and it might just be personal experience, but I didn't like the LMG's and resupplying people (at least for me) was rare. The mortar can be really useful though if you know where to fire.

• Like 2

My favorite is medic. It suits my play style and I actually am one of the (apparently) few people who actually play the role properly and do what a medic is attended to do. I enjoy reviving people and getting them right back in the action. I always see it as a great way to push objectives instead of leaving people to respawn on the other side of the battlefield; totally out of the action and have to walk all the way back. I don't know if the game is any different now since the last time I played it but by the time I finished playing the game I enjoyed playing as medic the most.

Not to mention that my PSN name is literally JB_Swag_Doctor73. :P    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, totallycrushed said:

I should probably add that Recon is useless since you can't give any kind of support action with it unlike other classes and unlike Recon classes in earlier BFs.

Also the fact that most newbies pick the Recon class and can't compensate for the very low bullet drop that BF1 has and targets that move.

Eh, not totally true. If nothing else they have the flare gun. I didn't do much with it myself, but apparently it can be a pretty helpful tool if used correctly...

1 minute ago, RNumbers said:

Eh, not totally true. If nothing else they have the flare gun. I didn't do much with it myself, but apparently it can be a pretty helpful tool if used correctly...

Sure they got the flare gun for spotting in a radius, how many have you seen using it? And are Recon players ever close enough the battle that it supports teammates? :D

The class is ridiculously useless since they can't equip other types of guns from the get go like DMRs or PDWs from earlier BF games. Sure you'll get fancy kills with the rifles and getting that sweet 2km headshot is something else but there's a reason why BF players use the term PTFO and DICE seem to have forgot the objective play from the recon class.

I hope they'll tweak the class with the upcoming DLCs and give it some actual use other than sit on the top of the mountain on Monte Grappa.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, totallycrushed said:

Sure they got the flare gun for spotting in a radius, how many have you seen using it? And are Recon players ever close enough the battle that it supports teammates? :D

The class is ridiculously useless since they can't equip other types of guns from the get go like DMRs or PDWs from earlier BF games. Sure you'll get fancy kills with the rifles and getting that sweet 2km headshot is something else but there's a reason why BF players use the term PTFO and DICE seem to have forgot the objective play from the recon class.

I hope they'll tweak the class with the upcoming DLCs and give it some actual use other than sit on the top of the mountain on Monte Grappa.

I've used it when capping/holding flags in operations. I'm a BF noob, though (never even played a mode other than ops), so feel free to take my anecdotal stories with a grain of salt. :) Like I said before, I didn't enjoy the Scout class much myself, so I'm not really disagreeing with your points.

• Like 1

Just now, RNumbers said:

I've used it when capping/holding flags in operations. I'm a BF noob, though (never even played a mode other than ops), so feel free to take my anecdotal stories with a grain of salt. :) Like I said before, I didn't enjoy the Scout class much myself, so I'm not really disagreeing with your points.

Fair enough :D I'm speaking as a real old BF vet and this is seriously the worst class setup for Recon that I've seen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

Fair enough :D I'm speaking as a real old BF vet and this is seriously the worst class setup for Recon that I've seen.

I haven't played BF since BF3 and I don't recall the Sniper being like it is in BF1. Is it really so different? I remember at first during Bad Company 2 all people would do is pick sniper and then call in artillery. I don't remember much of BF3 and I know next to nothing about BF4. All I know is that in the right hands a sniper can snipe a pilot in a jet and get really ridiculous kills from far distances but on BF1 I feel like you have to consider bullet drop and such. Though the YouTuber JackFrags has videos where he seems to have perfected it by doing quickscopes like it's breathing.

30 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

I haven't played BF since BF3 and I don't recall the Sniper being like it is in BF1. Is it really so different? I remember at first during Bad Company 2 all people would do is pick sniper and then call in artillery. I don't remember much of BF3 and I know next to nothing about BF4. All I know is that in the right hands a sniper can snipe a pilot in a jet and get really ridiculous kills from far distances but on BF1 I feel like you have to consider bullet drop and such. Though the YouTuber JackFrags has videos where he seems to have perfected it by doing quickscopes like it's breathing.

The drop in BF1 is one of the easiest to compensate for.

While Bad Company 1&2 had that damn artillery they could call in, it can be useful since snipers tend to stay in one spot but can destroy an enemy tank if needed. Also they had proxy mines and spotting mines for close range battle.

BF3 useful spawn beacons and SOFLAMs. Spotting drone and T-UGS to spot in radius.

BF4 spotting mines are back and C4 for sniper along with everything that BF3 had.

BF:H not sure at all because I didn't bother playing it too much for real.

EDIT: I'd say sniping was the best in BF4. Challenging at first but you can get the hold of it quite easy. Alongside your standard Sniper Rifles you had DMRs and PDWs if you want to get in on mid to close range. Also the gadgets are useful as hell.

Even more Edit:

Then again I got these clips during the BF:H beta. Maybe Hardline has the easiest sniping of them all :blink:

*also note that everyone on the squad in the first clip is on Recon...

Edited by totallycrushed

1 hour ago, totallycrushed said:

The drop in BF1 is one of the easiest to compensate for.

While Bad Company 1&2 had that damn artillery they could call in, it can be useful since snipers tend to stay in one spot but can destroy an enemy tank if needed. Also they had proxy mines and spotting mines for close range battle.

BF3 useful spawn beacons and SOFLAMs. Spotting drone and T-UGS to spot in radius.

BF4 spotting mines are back and C4 for sniper along with everything that BF3 had.

BF:H not sure at all because I didn't bother playing it too much for real.

EDIT: I'd say sniping was the best in BF4. Challenging at first but you can get the hold of it quite easy. Alongside your standard Sniper Rifles you had DMRs and PDWs if you want to get in on mid to close range. Also the gadgets are useful as hell.

Even more Edit: <video snip>

Then again I got these clips during the BF:H beta. Maybe Hardline has the easiest sniping of them all :blink:

*also note that everyone on the squad in the first clip is on Recon...

I guess I'm just not that good at it then. Maybe it's because my fingers get a bit shaky but whenever I try to hit a moving target it's hard for me to do it. You make it look pretty easy :P I forgot Hardline was a thing. I guess Battlefront can also be brought in then, since from what I can tell sniping in Battlefront doesn't seem worth it because you have to charge your shot.

• Like 1