Searching for the Ultimate DIVA - 39 Dreaming Utahime (Contest for Project DIVA: Future Tone)

14 hours ago, Wdog-999 said:

Here's an imgur album of what I have so far for Tomorrow's Idol: https://imgur.com/gallery/7sphm

To sum up,

Perfect

1/6 ~out of the gravity~

Excellent

Step Forward

2D Dream Fever (literally missed two fucking chords near the end and it pisses me off)

Francisca

Great

Magical Sound Shower (89.99%... not that it matters, but man, that really fucking hurts)

I imagine I should be able to Perfect the setlist over the course of the month with the possible exception of MSS, so expect more updates through the round.

Please update as much as you want!

I wish everyone here the best because i believe everyone can do it with a bit of patience, practice and a period of time (hence the 1 month period).

• Like 2

Well, I guess I overestimated my skills. :P 

I copied the game back onto my Vita and saw that my highest ranks when I was playing this game the last time in 2014 were some Excellents on hard. And I've gotten quite rusty as well. Nonetheless, while it isn't a Perfect and probably won't get me anywhere, I've managed to get this which might be a step in the right direction.

tDfwWRF.jpg

I'm at least hoping to get an Excellent in a few songs by the end of the event but I kinda doubt that I'll manage to get any Perfects.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

On 04/02/2017 at 4:51 PM, xFalionx said:

Well, I guess I overestimated my skills. :P 

I copied the game back onto my Vita and saw that my highest ranks when I was playing this game the last time in 2014 were some Excellents on hard. And I've gotten quite rusty as well. Nonetheless, while it isn't a Perfect and probably won't get me anywhere, I've managed to get this which might be a step in the right direction.

I'm at least hoping to get an Excellent in a few songs by the end of the event but I kinda doubt that I'll manage to get any Perfects.

I've been trying to perfect Odds and Ends, Monochrome Blue Sky and Time Machine. So far, I've managed to get Great on those three songs (and I don't even want to think about Tengaku :p) I was pretty close to getting an Excellent on Time Machine. I really need to improve my skills!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who is still interested, entering period will end in 6 hours and 20 minutes after this post. Any entry posted afterwards will be declined.

Also, 6 days and 12 hours remain to post your final results on the song entries for round 1 so make sure you post them before then.

Edited by YaoiGod

I got pretty sidetracked with the Vita's 5th anniversary event, so I'm still trying for an Excellent like @Myu. ^_^

I'll keep finishing up my last Vita games for the anniversary as a priority since it's ending earlier than this event, while practicing a little on the side, let's see if I can manage that Excellent by the 24th. :D  

3 hours ago, Myu said:

I think I'm cursed.

Hide contents

79215220170220094559.jpg

42041520170220101832.jpg

81931120170220102931.jpg

I missed the very last note -_-''

I really hate having to use the touchpad to hit star notes.

You can use the Star Changer help item for F (hit the stars with shoulder buttons) if it's easier. Pretty sure you can hit the stars in X using the analong sticks so you can't use the help item, otherwise you can. And awesome work everyone!

I didn't find a Star Changer option but I did find Star Killer in the item section in F but it doesn't let you get anything but Standard :/

But it worked for X, you can definitely use the analog sticks :D

Edit : I tried on one song, you can still see the right colour in the progression bar at the bottom of the screen, so even if I use Star Killer and in the case I manage to get a Perfect, the bar should still turn yellow even with the Standard rating :)

Edited by Myu
  • Like 1

I've been trying the Urotander song for an hour now and the only thing I get is CHEAP.

Notes are literally flying everywhere here!!

Edit : Just got a Standard. So proud of myself! :P

Edited by Myu
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Myu said:

I'm trying so hard to get at least one Perfect but my fingers don't seem to agree with me. :P

27 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Yeah, I can't seem to Perfect anything either. I don't think I'll be able to do so within the next 22 hours anyway.

I forgot to mention a while ago, but for ChiriDuster, you don't have to get a perfect in you two's cases, whoever gets the highest grade in the same song gets the +1 point.

1 minute ago, YaoiGod said:

I forgot to mention a while ago, but for ChiriDuster, you don't have to get a perfect in you two's cases, whoever gets the highest grade in the same song gets the +1 point.

Really???

I can post my Excellent songs then?

Is it only about the grade or about the points too (because I played on both Story Mode and Free Play in X and the point system is not the same between those two).

Here are all the screenshots for Tomorrow's Idol.

http://imgur.com/a/7t635

I am still working on the 3 last songs from Clockwork Diva. I know I am able to do the 2 of them so it's time to slave away the last hours to get them. Miracle Paint Ex Ex however is a combination of everything I stuggle with in rhythm games.

@Myu @xFalionx

Have you guys tried adjusting the offset a little? The amount of fine vs save/bad/worse seems a little high and that can be an indication that it isn't set correct for you.

6 minutes ago, Danny_Johansen said:

Here are all the screenshots for Tomorrow's Idol.

http://imgur.com/a/7t635

I am still working on the 3 last songs from Clockwork Diva. I know I am able to do the 2 of them so it's time to slave away the last hours to get them. Miracle Paint Ex Ex however is a combination of everything I stuggle with in rhythm games.

@Myu @xFalionx

Have you guys tried adjusting the offset a little? The amount of fine vs save/bad/worse seems a little high and that can be an indication that it isn't set correct for you.

Offset? I think I so something in X's parameters that could correspond but I have no idea how to adjust it (I got the Japanese version).

11 minutes ago, Myu said:

Offset? I think I so something in X's parameters that could correspond but I have no idea how to adjust it (I got the Japanese version).

I don't have X but when you press options during a song it should be located under オプション (options) and look for タイミング (timing). Changes are you have one for all the songs and maybe a second for seperate songs. Lower this number if you press to late or vice versa. Try steps of 5-10ms at a time.

4 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

@Myu @xFalionx

Hmm, I didn't know you could do that in Project Diva. I guess my biggest problem is the extreme difference between the rhythm game I usually play and the Project Diva series. 

While the challenging part of Project Diva has you press many different buttons in different combinations, the challenge in Osu! is moving your mouse (or other input device) to the appropriate part of the beatmap before hitting any button input according to the rhythm. I personally think the gameplay of Osu! is more fun and it has a greater variety of songs since they are mapped by other players, but the first point is just personal opinion.

Overall I don't think I can improve enough to beat Myu, even if I spent the rest of the time trying. It's also not a great feeling to be disadvantaged by having less games, but I guess that rule is there for a reason. Anyways, I'll try to at least set some more personal records but there isn't that much time left to do so.

@xFalionx I managed to get an Excellent in 4 or 5 songs I think, but no Perfect.

For the next round, I'll probably have my brand new PS4 (finally!) and I think I'll join the original challenges.

Thank you so much for having created ChiriDuster for xFalionx and me, YaoiGod!

If I end up first in this round, I'd like you to keep the prize because I don't think I deserve it, I didn't play as much as I should have (the Vita 5th Anniversary event took almost all of my free time) and my results were kinda meh (I did manage to get an Excellent on the Urotander song though :P )

34 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Hmm, I didn't know you could do that in Project Diva. I guess my biggest problem is the extreme difference between the rhythm game I usually play and the Project Diva series. 

While the challenging part of Project Diva has you press many different buttons in different combinations, the challenge in Osu! is moving your mouse (or other input device) to the appropriate part of the beatmap before hitting any button input according to the rhythm. I personally think the gameplay of Osu! is more fun and it has a greater variety of songs since they are mapped by other players, but the first point is just personal opinion.

Overall I don't think I can improve enough to beat Myu, even if I spent the rest of the time trying. It's also not a great feeling to be disadvantaged by having less games, but I guess that rule is there for a reason. Anyways, I'll try to at least set some more personal records but there isn't that much time left to do so.

I used to play Osu! aswell, played it for about a year or so. That was the game that got me into rhythm games to start with. I mainly played heavy streaming maps so for me the challenge was to keep a steady rhythm and not getting tired. Tablets and mech keyboards realy pushed the difficulty up, it can get so crazy after 200 bpm.

This is my account: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/1823261

11 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

I used to play Osu! aswell, played it for about a year or so. That was the game that got me into rhythm games to start with. I mainly played heavy streaming maps so for me the challenge was to keep a steady rhythm and not getting tired. Tablets and mech keyboards realy pushed the difficulty up, it can get so crazy after 200 bpm.

This is my account: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/1823261

Huh, I wouldn't have thought that. I'm not nearly at your level in terms of skill, but I don't play regularly either. Usually just a few beatmaps whenever I feel like it, or some longer sessions when some friends want to play together with me. I personally despise streams but love jump maps. ^_^ I think it feels really great to beat those.

Yeah, I love really fast songs. My current favorites are all between 150 and 250 BPM, I kinda wish I could keep up with Scarlet Rose but those 320 BPM are beyond me at the moment. :P 

Since you posted yours, here's mine: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/6015721