Searching for the Ultimate DIVA - 39 Dreaming Utahime (Contest for Project DIVA: Future Tone)

7 hours ago, Wdog-999 said:

I'll also join the other categories for fun (and to get the ball rolling sooner).

5 hours ago, FallenElysion said:

Nice to finally see a Project Diva event here. I haven't played Future Tone in a while, but you can count me in for all three sections.

I'll choose to focus on Clockwork DIVA. I do expect myself to fail horribly as the event goes towards the more difficult Extreme songs, but nonetheless, this should be fun.

All right, you're both in!

All three sections now have at least 4 participants. The first round will start very soon, it should have started today but i want to wait to see if anyone else will join or if people approve of the fourth section. Thanks to everyone who replied thus far.

On 1/20/2017 at 5:23 PM, JaM said:

jiii~

I will join if the songs will only be between Weekender Girl and/or 1/6 out of gravity :awesome: (I am too broke atm to even purchase either of the DLCs)

anyway... good luck to participants. and I will just randomly mention @slash

OwO

this looks fun, I suppose I can do Tomorrow's Idol and Clockwork Diva, though the latter will be the primary focus. 

One thing to firmly establish though, Perfects are priority? With the way Future tone is set up, you can score attack by missing notes to increase your point total significantly via the hold notes. In some songs, particularly Tricolore Airline, a Great can outscore a Perfect. Just want to make sure. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, slash said:

OwO

this looks fun, I suppose I can do Tomorrow's Idol and Clockwork Diva, though the latter will be the primary focus. 

One thing to firmly establish though, Perfects are priority? With the way Future tone is set up, you can score attack by missing notes to increase your point total significantly via the hold notes. In some songs, particularly Tricolore Airline, a Great can outscore a Perfect. Just want to make sure. 

Yay, Slash is joining!! I honestly would have PM'd you before the round had started if you didn't see this =D

You got it.

Yup, Grades and Perfects > Score in the first two sections, the survival course however does rely on your score and combo at the end.

19 hours ago, YaoiGod said:

Walt the Dog has a very strong point. Though i came up with a fair idea;

I will make a fourth section dedicated to F, F 2nd, X and Mirai DX all together called ChiriDuster. In this section, 5 to 6 songs from each title will be picked and you have to get a certain rank or a complete perfect on each one on EXTREME (Hard or SuperHard in Mirai DX). However, you can only pick a max of two titles (meaning, max of 10-12 songs each round) when you join and will not able to change titles until the round is complete and the next round did not start yet. There will be a prize of $10 for the 1st rank holder, the $10 prize for the 2nd rank holder in Tomorrow's Idol will be deleted unfortunately and the prize for the 1st rank holder in Tomodachi no Change will not be a cash prize, but will not be useless either. I'm sorry but the max i can spend per month is $50, it's kind of pathetic since this is supposed to be a contest/event for you guys to show how much i appreciate you.

What does everyone think of this? The priority is given to Future Tone obviously, and this new section will not have an effect on Future Tone's at all except one of the prizes deduction, but i think that's a good motivation to join Clockwork DIVA, i will only add this section if not many people refuse it. Two new rules have been added (and one of them will be updated if ChiriDuster is approved of).

Also surprisingly in a pleasant way, Tomorrow's Idol now has 4 participants in total. The first 10-25 songs of that section will be revealed once the other sections have at least 4 members each as well, or if not enough people join soon, they will be revealed soon.

I'll gladly join the ChiriDuster then! (I'm not in it for the money though, I really appreciate your dedication and I think you're very generous to put your own hard-won money into this contest, I'm feeling kinda guilty in fact :) )

• Like 1

Just a question: does every Perfect/rank recorded for the event have to be achieved within the round? I ask because I have a fair amount of Perfect screenshots saved up from the JP version which I played last summer, including a couple of harder songs.

Edited by Wdog-999
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Myu said:

I'll gladly join the ChiriDuster then! (I'm not in it for the money though, I really appreciate your dedication and I think you're very generous to put your own hard-won money into this contest, I'm feeling kinda guilty in fact :) )

Please don't feel guilty, anyone who wins should take the prize with pride! I'm not being forced to do any of this afterall =D

18 hours ago, Zanreo said:

Not sure how far I'll get but why not, joining Tomorrow's Idol

You got it.

7 hours ago, Wdog-999 said:

Just a question: does every Perfect/rank recorded for the event have to be achieved within the round? I ask because I have a fair amount of Perfect screenshots saved up from the JP version which I played last summer, including a couple of harder songs.

Hmmmm, i'm afraid not, you gotta re-earn the perfects or ranks you got before. The purpose of this event before anything is to polish you guys' skills and make me proud. However i can make exceptions for Perfects gotten on Extreme 9*+ songs.

Everyone the first round will start on 24th January at 8 AM (UTC/GMT -5, CAN). An announcement about ChiriDuster will be made in a couple of hours so please check back.

Edited by YaoiGod

So, announcement about ChiriDuster. Everyone please read it:

ChiriDuster will be a new fourth section, please read my previous post about it for more info. There will be a $10 prize for the 1st rank holder. However, no prize will be deducted or anything like that from Future Tone's Tomorrow's Idol section, while this prize will only be for 1 round, any rounds afterwards for ChiriDuster will not have a prize, i'm deeply sorry for that. People with only one game between F, F 2nd, X and Mirai DX will not have any special advantages, you will be rewarded normally like the other participants, but might be off behind so i recommend getting into the other entries soon. I think it sounds fair for the most part. The first round of ChiriDuster will also start tomorrow at 8 AM (GMT/UTC -5, CAN), submit your entry at any time during the round if interested.

No further annoyance from me after this, i spoke tooooooo much already xD

Edited by YaoiGod

Round 1 Song Entries:

Tomorrow's Idol:

Get a Perfect on:

4*: Jaded, Star Story.

4.5*: Far Away.

5*: A Song of Wastelands, Forests, and Magic, 1/6 -out of the gravity-, Wolf Girl, VOC@LOID in Love, Though My Song Has no Form.

Get an Excellent on:

5.5: AFTER BURNER, Betty the Liar, I'm Your DIVA.

6*: Absolunote, Colorful X Melody.

7*: Francisca.

Get a Great on:

7.5*:  2D Dream Fever, Step Forward.

8*: Magical Sound Shower.

Clockwork DIVA:

Get a Perfect on:

6*: Song of Life, The secret garden.

6.5*: A Song of Wastelands, Forests, and Magic.

7*: Aikotoba.

Get an Excellent on:

7*: Star Story, Though My Song Has No Form.

7.5*: Wolf Girl.

Get a Great on:

7*: God-Tier Tune, Rain with A Chance of Sweet*Drops, Cantarella.

7.5*: Jaded, Soundless Voice.

8*: Tengaku.

Get a Standard on:

8.5*: Absolunote, Miracle Paint.

Tomodachi no Change:

Survival 6* Master Course.

ChiriDuster:

Get a Perfect on (You may only choose two titles):

(F Edition's Extreme): Time Machine, FREELY TOMORROW, Monochrome Blue Sky, Tengaku, ODDS&ENDS.

(F 2nd Edition's Extreme): Sakura Rain, SPiCa -39's Giving Day Edition-, Melt, Akatsuki Arrival, Cantarella ~grace edition~. (DLC, not required): Promise, Change Me.

(X Edition's Extreme): The First Sound, Ai Dee, Solitary Envy, Love Trial, Urotander, Coward Squadron. (DLC, not required): Sharing The World.

(Mirai DX Edition's Hard/SuperHard): Finder (DSLR remix-re:edit), Clover♣Club, Reverse Rainbow, Yumeyume, Kokoro.

I hope everyone the best and good luck!

Edited by YaoiGod
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, YaoiGod said:

Round 1 Song Entries:

Now the hard part, finding all these songs in the Japanese version.

Only have a 5 star songs left to find, anyone know the japanese names of them or knows a website for that?

5*: Forests, and Magic

Edited by Danny_Johansen
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danny_Johansen said:

Now the hard part, finding all these songs in the Japanese version.

Only have a 5 star songs left to find, anyone know the japanese names of them or knows a website for that?

5*: Forests, and Magic

Its Japanese name is "荒野と森と魔法の歌"

Edited by YaoiGod
  • Like 1

Since I have the Japanese version of the game, I made a translation spreadsheet so that I don't get too lost looking for specific songs.

Here's the link to it in case anyone wants to use it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156mfnCUg88BDQBaQnNkQpRD-fo3LE6QWVyVNjjVXEWo/edit?usp=sharing

The translations are based on the Extreme song list, but it's more or less the same on Hard, just with slight differences. All song translations are grabbed from the official Future Tone website. 

Let me know if I made any mistakes or missed anything.

Edit: Whoops, wrong link and I removed the DLC songs. My bad.

Edited by FallenElysion
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, FallenElysion said:

Since I have the Japanese version of the game, I made a translation spreadsheet so that I don't get too lost looking for specific songs.

Here's the link to it in case anyone wants to use it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156mfnCUg88BDQBaQnNkQpRD-fo3LE6QWVyVNjjVXEWo/edit?usp=sharing

The translations are based on the Extreme song list, but it's more or less the same on Hard, just with slight differences. All song translations are grabbed from the official Future Tone website. 

Let me know if I made any mistakes or missed anything.

Edit: Whoops, wrong link and I removed the DLC songs. My bad.

I'm deeply sorry for this cofusion, i will make sure to put the Japanese names and/or a picture of the official cover of it as soon as i get access to a PC, future Rounds will have the names and/or a picture by default.

1 hour ago, Danny_Johansen said:

Finished all the hard songs with perfects. I forgot 2 screen shots but I have recorded a video of everything.

Rendering all the songs with perfect now, turns out I am missing Magical sound shower and only have the results screen.

2h and you already beat all 16 song on hard on perfect? you sure you are in right category? what ever, gratz on that.

I cant start before weekend but i guess it doesnt matter , i cant even beat 2D dream so i will not get great or perfect in this round anyways ^^.

Atleast i can try to get as many points as possible

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xionx said:

2h and you already beat all 16 song on hard on perfect? you sure you are in right category? what ever, gratz on that.

I cant start before weekend but i guess it doesnt matter , i cant even beat 2D dream so i will not get great or perfect in this round anyways ^^.

I never play insanes because I can't follow them, the way the notes are all over te place makes it not fun to play and unnecessary difficult, but I will ask to be placed in Clockwork Diva.

• Like 1

So....do we just post our results right here? I wrapped up all the songs for Clockwork Diva....so here it is in order of the songs listed:

Spoiler

Song of Life

rIsBDOg.jpg

The secret garden

P5HeITs.jpg

A Song of Wastelands, Forests, and Magic (Ex and ExEx)

k4q8GCC.jpg

6bZD2rm.jpg

Aikotoba

idsOxkt.jpg

Star Story (Ex and ExEx)

MPAtmG8.jpg

slNKjHc.jpg

Though My Song Has No Form (Ex and ExEx)

b4Cg06E.jpg

ziVkPBZ.jpg

Wolf Girl

31Mwmyp.jpg

God-Tier Tune

e35wwRL.jpg

Rain with a Chance of Sweet*Drops (Ex and ExEx)

GlOP3cQ.jpg

0xg0BVo.jpg

Canterella (Ex and ExEx)

Z54fl0M.jpg

5BQ54aI.jpg

Jaded

yQ9Ve1S.jpg

Soundless Voice

Lh5da0W.jpg

Tengaku

t1IZV2W.jpg

Absolunote

5wD0JX8.jpg

Miracle Paint

T7DVpR9.jpg

Also, I'm considering pulling out of Tomorrow's Idol for the Hard songs and just focus on Extreme. I'm just not sure if I have the time to do all the Hard songs too. When's the cut off date for entries? I don't see that anywhere.....

Edited by slash
*forgot that A Song of Wastelands, Forests, and Magic had an ExEx version. played and posted results*
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Xionx said:

Please don't say that, i'm sure you can do it! Have you considered using the Practice mode just for the parts you find hard in a song? It might help. In any case please take your time, you have a full month to do the results on those songs.

4 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

I never play insanes because I can't follow them, the way the notes are all over te place makes it not fun to play and unnecessary difficult, but I will ask to be placed in Clockwork Diva.

You got it.

48 minutes ago, slash said:

So....do we just post our results right here? I wrapped up all the songs for Clockwork Diva....so here it is in order of the songs listed:

Reveal hidden contents

Song of Life

rIsBDOg.jpg

The secret garden

P5HeITs.jpg

A Song of Wastelands, Forests, and Magic (Ex and ExEx)

k4q8GCC.jpg

6bZD2rm.jpg

Aikotoba

idsOxkt.jpg

Star Story (Ex and ExEx)

MPAtmG8.jpg

slNKjHc.jpg

Though My Song Has No Form (Ex and ExEx)

b4Cg06E.jpg

ziVkPBZ.jpg

Wolf Girl

31Mwmyp.jpg

God-Tier Tune

e35wwRL.jpg

Rain with a Chance of Sweet*Drops (Ex and ExEx)

GlOP3cQ.jpg

0xg0BVo.jpg

Canterella (Ex and ExEx)

Z54fl0M.jpg

5BQ54aI.jpg

Jaded

yQ9Ve1S.jpg

Soundless Voice

Lh5da0W.jpg

Tengaku

t1IZV2W.jpg

Absolunote

5wD0JX8.jpg

Miracle Paint

T7DVpR9.jpg

Also, I'm considering pulling out of Tomorrow's Idol for the Hard songs and just focus on Extreme. I'm just not sure if I have the time to do all the Hard songs too. When's the cut off date for entries? I don't see that anywhere.....

Awesome work Slash, i only have Absolunote myself left but i will try my best too! 

Hmmm i don't blame you, please tell me if you do want to pull out.

Entries will not be allowed after 24th February, winners will be announced a day after that and the prize for this round will be given as soon as i can before the end of that month. Entering a round itself will be open until a week before a round ends. Sorry for not making it clear.

The OP will be updated (ChiriDuster will be added + Deadline for this round alongside other misc. things) and points will be given for the contestants who post a screenshot or a video of the songs they got the specific rank or perfect on.

15 hours ago, YaoiGod said:

I'm deeply sorry for this cofusion, i will make sure to put the Japanese names and/or a picture of the official cover of it as soon as i get access to a PC, future Rounds will have the names and/or a picture by default.

Oh no, you don't have to apologize. It's my fault anyway, for relying so heavily on the album arts when I choose songs.

I have made some progress with Clockwork Diva, but since I haven't played this game in ages, I'll have to get used to the controls again. I've also done a playthrough for Tomodachi no Change, but I kinda want to redo it and see if I can beat my own score again. Otherwise, I'll have to go with my current scores, instead.

• Like 1

This looks great Yaoi, I totally missed it but lucklily someone pointed me in the right direction. If it is not to late I would love to join, the nightmares of the Diva X grind to platinum are almost wiped from my memory. Can I confirm which sections tomorrow, 

So cool to get a place for Hatsune rhythm junkies to meet up ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

This looks great Yaoi, I totally missed it but lucklily someone pointed me in the right direction. If it is not to late I would love to join, the nightmares of the Diva X grind to platinum are almost wiped from my memory. Can I confirm which sections tomorrow, 

So cool to get a place for Hatsune rhythm junkies to meet up ?

It's not late, everyone has until 17th February to join!

Of course, take your time to reply and i will add you afterwards.

Here's an imgur album of what I have so far for Tomorrow's Idol: https://imgur.com/gallery/7sphm

To sum up,

Perfect

1/6 ~out of the gravity~

Excellent

Step Forward

2D Dream Fever (literally missed two fucking chords near the end and it pisses me off)

Francisca

Great

Magical Sound Shower (89.99%... not that it matters, but man, that really fucking hurts)

I imagine I should be able to Perfect the setlist over the course of the month with the possible exception of MSS, so expect more updates through the round.

Edited by Wdog-999
  • Like 1