The "WTF does that mean" Lingo thread

DaivRules

On 26.1.2017 at 2:47 AM, Intoner_Zero said:

Well, I don't know how often these are used around here (probably not much), but here's a few others:

Fujoshi: Usually translated as "a ruined woman", a female otaku. In Japanese society where women are usually meant to be attentive, demure, and motherly, fujoshi are purely for their own self interest (hence the "ruined" part). Fandom usually consists of yaoi (m/m), anything from comics to games. Cosplay is also another high interest with a good portion of females devoted to crossplaying (crossdress cosplay) their favorite yaoi/shonen titles.

Usually I've only heard fujoshi used specifically for yaoi fangirls, not all female otaku in general.

And "baku" should be "baka"

Edited by Zanreo

18 hours ago, Zanreo said:

Usually I've only heard fujoshi used specifically for yaoi fangirls, not all female otaku in general.

Ah, you're right. I misworded, sorry about that. Been caught up in fujoshi-ness for years now and I kinda forgot the other realms of fandom.

That reminds me, the English plat title for Hakuoki is called Fujoshi, but it's totally an otome type game. I guess to some people the word is an umbrella term for fangirl.

OHO! The thread actually happened =D

Corrections regarding use:

Moe = cute

Yaoi = literally in sexual relationship but it's definitely used in both meaningsIn addition to that, yuri is the same for girls, therefore much cuter :awesome: 

Lolicon = Not 'depicts', likes seeing. (??? :awesome:). Usually used to describe anyone that likes lolis regardless of reading doujins with them.

(Why not me? :()

Since we are adding deres.

Kuudere = Silent 

And as others said, Baku => Baka

Baku is a capital of Azerbaijan.

And now the most important.

Loli = 12-16?! WHAT KIND OF OLD BABAAAS ARE YOU USING AS AN EXAMPLE?! No one would use loli in describing jks. 13-14 is the max.

Lolis are actually serious business. Loli = little young girl. Lolita = little girl regardless of age (however with respect to real life), in addition used to describe fashion style, example of Goth Lolita

Example 1) Let's start with something easy. The most precious thing in the world, Tomoka Minato.

127501.jpg

No question here, loli.

Example 2) Utage Douraku

Utage_full_body.png

Easy, right? Well, nope. 

SHE
IS
LEGAL

Therefore, lolita is the proper. Loli in this case is an abbreviation like weeb.

Example 3) Krul Tepes

299682.jpg

Height: 145cm, Age: ... >1000 years Voice: Aoi Yuuki

Well... loli. Because... 1000 years is a bit overkill, right? =D

I definitely don't have pink hair fetish, don't even think about that.

On 1/25/2017 at 7:21 PM, Neputyunu said:

A weeb is imo someone who's always using their anime-vocabulary, telling everyone how sugoii/kakkoii/kawaii everything is, desu. A ningen that is hating their own country just because it isn't Nippon and wants to see glorious Nippon. Because, yamete onegai, sasuga Nippon is mastaraisu you baka!  ...Was that authentic enough? I'm not that good in it, because I'm not weeb. Sorry. :P 

Masutaareesu

Noob, go home, u no proper weeb :awesome::awesome: :awesome:

Now that I think about it, sasuga could be added.

More importantly... what would weeb use... ningen or hito...

On 1/25/2017 at 7:25 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Hide contents

the serial killer who apparently will become your boyfriend in the joker path?

Love beyond death.

Shiai, I guess. (Please don't take this seriously, I just came up with this, it's an actual word for competition/battle)

On 1/25/2017 at 7:30 PM, Neputyunu said:

Sorry... I have some complexes about "Nobody likes me D:" and stuff... 

Don't have. Forget about those :P

On 1/25/2017 at 7:46 PM, Neputyunu said:

Why not simply tag Satoshi in every post you make? :awesome: 

Sounds easier, lol xD

On 1/25/2017 at 8:51 PM, DaivRules said:

You were the second person to bring that up. I was going by past experiences where people referred to stuff/items as weeb, but people as weeaboo. Apparently everyone is just using it however they want all over the place. Hence the reason for the thread! Updated Weeb.

You can write it like this.

PSNP weeb = first definition

Global weeb = short weeaboo

On 1/25/2017 at 9:10 PM, HaserPL said:

I don't know where did you found this definition... Otaku mean's nolife. If you are a person which seat in his room for 24/7 and only watch manga, play starcraft and fap to hentai you are a Otaku.

That's western definition.

Ota/Otaku in Japan means someone focused on one subject.

オタク in katakana is usually the one that denotes AniOta.

Nolife is NEET.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

8 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Noob, go home, u no proper weeb :awesome::awesome: :awesome:

You don't say?! :awesome: 

9 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Don't have. Forget about those :P

I'm on it. It's in the setup routine. :P 

10 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Nolife is NEET.

Naaah, NEET just means 'Not in Employment, Education or Training'.

I live my life how I want, baka Onii-chan! *gives you a mini-tsundere face expression*

...Wait... omg, I'm going be de-NEET-ed in 9 days! :o :o 

Sonna... o_o" *falls sidewards on the floor in slow motion while dramatic piano music is playing and the background looks dark-ish*

19 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Lolicon = Not 'depicts', likes seeing. (??? :awesome:). Usually used to describe anyone that likes lolis regardless of reading doujins with them.

(Why not me? :()

*takes a look at the weeb dictionary*

Yeah. It literally says...

Lolicon = [blah blah bla] For example PSNP's one and only true SatoshiOokami-dono

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2017 at 11:58 AM, DaivRules said:

I have been trying to interpret certain words or phrases that members of this site use fairly regularly, but I have no idea what they mean. In order to reduce confusion, I'm compiling these words and definitions here. If you come across another quote or explanation from this site, send me the post and I'll add it!

Weeaboo - Non-Japanese person who becomes obsessed with Japanese culture to the point of denouncing their original culture

Wait, what if I'm Japanese (I mean, half-japanese, because my dad is Japanese and my mom is Mexican)? Does that mean I'm not a "Weea-something" even if I'm obsessed with Japanese culture? And I don't even get used that word. :blink:

1 hour ago, NEV said:

Wait, what if I'm Japanese (I mean, half-japanese, because my dad is Japanese and my mom is Mexican)? Does that mean I'm not a "Weea-something" even if I'm obsessed with Japanese culture? And I don't even get used that word. :blink:

Nah, since you are haafu, that negates the main condition of weeaboo. ;)

• Like 1