Voodoo is putting pins in his backlog

voodoo_eyes

#210 goes to Puss in Boots, which was pretty weak. I've played several games that were based on movies. There are a few good ones like Rango and Bravo, a few decent ones like the Green Lantern and Iron Man 2 games and then there's nonsense like this game. Essentially an on-rails game that although somewhat original is way too short and a mess when it comes to unlocking trophies. Halfway through trophies stopped unlocking and I had to restart the console and the game and redo most most of them.

Another game to strike off the backlog list is The Town of Light (plat #211). The game would have been good, if it was a bit more polished. The story saves it somewhat, but in the end it's only a decent game. Definitely not for everyone though, as it tells a disturbing tale.

New additions to the backlog:

• Torment: Tides of Numenara
  • Darkest Dungeon
Edited by voodoo_eyes

Yet another game out of the way with plat #213 being Sniper Ghost Warrior 3. A lot of graphical glitches, 1 freeze and one crash didn't make the game any less enjoyable.The gameplay was very similar to the Far Cry games though contrary to the linear predecessor. Shame it didn't have the same polish as the Ubisoft games.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought two games in the current sale Vostok Inc. and Twisted Metal Black. Just got 100% in the latter, which unfortunately wasn't as good as I expected. I played the crap out of the original on ps1, and what made the game back then was the amazing soundtrack. The soundtrack in this one though is absolute garbage which makes the game fairly boring.

I guess the one good thing about Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 is it doesn't have online trophies. Sounds like it has the same crap that Far Cry Classic had. Awful port with a lot of graphical glitches and freezing.

Killzone HD was pretty shit as well. Sound was awful and having to do four playthroughs sucked as well.

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

I guess the one good thing about Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 is it doesn't have online trophies. Sounds like it has the same crap that Far Cry Classic had. Awful port with a lot of graphical glitches and freezing.

Killzone HD was pretty shit as well. Sound was awful and having to do four playthroughs sucked as well.

Yeah, the Sniper Elite games are a lot better than the Ghost Warrior ones. Still, I had fun with the 2nd and 3rd one respectively. I still don't know how the first Killzone was deemed successful enough to spawn a franchise. At least the 2nd and 3rd one are actually good, so there's that.

Got another 2 plats which brings me to the total 215. This time around Apotheon and Earth's Dawn have met their end.

Apotheon was quite good, but the constant crashes and the clipping into walls are issues that held it back from being a great game.

Earth's Dawn was initially a mixed bag, but turned out to be unexpectedly fun.

As for new purchases, the following were added:

• Worms WMD
  • Dishonored 2: Death of the Outsider
  • Lichdom Battlemage
Edited by voodoo_eyes

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I have Apotheon on my backlog. But does it crash a lot when opening chests?

I had it crash about 6 or 7 times on the same chest. The sporadically throughout the game whenever it felt like crashing. It's not too bad as you can save at any time, that doesn't make it any less annoying to.

Plat #2016 is in the bag with Dark Arcana. Had been a while since the last time I played an Artifex Mundi game. A bit on the short side this one, was enjoyable nevertheless.

Time to start considering what plat 225 is going to be...

In addition, some more purchases:

• Iron Crypticle
  • RWBY
  • Late Shift
  • Dying Reborn
  • How to Survive 2
  • Butcher
  • Fahrenheit
  • Tales of Berseria

The next couple of plats are probably going to be Dying Reborn and Late Shift as those games are quite short. I'm also closing in on the Okage plat though.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Couple of plats have been added. This time #217 and #218 were Dying Reborn and Late Shift. The former has the worst sound recording I've ever heard in a game, which kills off any possible enjoyment one could get out of the game. Not that the game would've been good then, but it would at least be tolerable.

The other game was reasonably good for the most part, but the acting was all over the place. Sometimes good sometimes bad and the background music/sounds were recorded too loud, so that some conversations can barely be heard.

A few more additions this time around as well.

• Volume
  • The Surge
  • Pharaonic
  • Heart & Slash
  • Resident Evil VII
Edited by voodoo_eyes

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

I gotta tell you, I would be insane to go after the absurd backlog you have.

Volume is an easy platinum. Fairly short but it has 100 levels for you to play in. The game plays similarly to Metal Gear Solid 2's VR missions, but are a lot easier.

I'll probably end up trying out Volume during the next Kill Your Completion event. Doesn't really seem like my type of game, but I'm curious enough to give it a shot.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since my last plat, but #220 is finally there with Dreamfall Chapters. Even though the story is somewhat interesting, the ending was a bit of a letdown and I somehow felt I was missing something for not having played the previous titles of the series. Decent game nonetheless.

The backlog increased a bit as per usual.

• Typoman Revised
  • Axiom Verge
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II
  • Yonder The Cloud Cather Chronicles
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Portal Knights
  • Dungeon Punks

Time to decide what the next milestone is going to be, now that 3 more plats are out of the way. Volume #222 was a short and somewhat bland experience. #223 Vostok Inc was oddly enough quite enjoyable even though it's kind of simplistic. The minigames were fairly annoying though. Lastly there is #224 Silent Hill 3, which could have been so much better, if Konami had bothered to make a proper version of it that doesn't run like arse.

Couple of more additions to the backlog as well:

• Ducati 90th Anniversary
  • Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
  • Akiba's Trip
Edited by voodoo_eyes

• 2 weeks later...

No new plat just yet, one the other hand I decided to drop Battlefield Hardline. The singleplayer is fun, apart from the driving sections. The game being set up like a TV show, kind of works well enough. The multiplayer I didn't like at all, and the way progression and weapon unlocks work is terrible.

New additions:

• Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni (Vita)
  • Prey
  • Atelier Firis
  • Flatout 4
  • Rive
  • Cosmic Star Heroine
  • The Inner World
  • Mercenary Kings

I've settled with Dishonored: Death of the Outsider as my 225th plat. Enjoyed that game way more than I expected. It looks pretty good for the most part, the missions are interesting and the gameplay is a lot of fun. There are a few graphical bugs and some of the character's abilities could have done with some fine-tuning, nevertheless it's a great game.

Time to prepare the road to the 250th plat.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

Two more plats in the bag with Ducati and Yonder. Both games are fairly boring. Ducati is essentially a weak, limited and tedious version of the game Ride. Yonder takes boredom to the next level, by making every action feel like a pointless chore.

New additions

• FIFA 17
  • Mass Effect Andromeda

6 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

With a backlog as big as yours, how do you pick which game to go for next?

I generally just pick a handful of games that I feel like playing. Although I tend to focus on shorter games if I have any, to get those out of the way quickly. They tend to be fairly good buffers when it comes to longer or frustrating games. Which is why I intend to play Syberia and Xblaze next, while going through the professional mode on RE4.

5 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I generally just pick a handful of games that I feel like playing. Although I tend to focus on shorter games if I have any, to get those out of the way quickly. They tend to be fairly good buffers when it comes to longer or frustrating games. Which is why I intend to play Syberia and Xblaze next, while going through the professional mode on RE4.

My biggest problem (well, maybe not so big) is that I tend to finish newer games rather than the games in my backlog, and I can't play 2 games at once. I wish I could - maybe I'd be able to finish games faster.