Voodoo is putting pins in his backlog

voodoo_eyes

22 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Thanks. I'm sure there'll be more added to that list eventually.

From what I played of Darksiders II, I quite enjoyed it. Wasn't the online trophy only unobtainable for used copies, due to the online pass nonsense back then? If I recall correctly there was no proper "online" service. The gifting bit was peer-to-peer I think, but required having the crucible pass. So it didn't need servers as far as I'm aware. I might be wrong though.

Well, according to this:

Gift An Item To A Friend

Unobtainable due to server closure.

The servers for this game have always been bad but in February 2016, they were closed without warning so this trophy is now no longer possible. This only affects the PS3 version since the PS4 release has no online trophies.

And the comments in the youtube videos,  nope, the trophy is unobtainable now :/

30 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Well, according to this:

Gift An Item To A Friend

Unobtainable due to server closure.

The servers for this game have always been bad but in February 2016, they were closed without warning so this trophy is now no longer possible. This only affects the PS3 version since the PS4 release has no online trophies.

And the comments in the youtube videos,  nope, the trophy is unobtainable now :/

Bummer, well I guess I can eventually add that one to the dead and buried list as well then xD.

#26 - Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 - :bronze:

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/e462e4/L1281b5.png

A dull as fuck football game, last PES I played, at least it was a ps plus game. I would have been somewhat upset, if I had actually paid for this.

Couldn't agree more with this, but to be fair, I'm not a fan of sports games in general.

I'm impressed by your backlog though! It would be interesting to sum the total amount of hours it would take to finish all those.

On 02/02/2017 at 6:20 PM, Aeir_ said:

Couldn't agree more with this, but to be fair, I'm not a fan of sports games in general.

I'm impressed by your backlog though! It would be interesting to sum the total amount of hours it would take to finish all those.

I'd rather not, especially because I keep adding to it... xD.

Some harsh words thrown towards plenty of games I loved in this checklist </3

• Jak II is easily the worst of the trilogy, imo, but I still really enjoyed it. If you want real garbage, Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier is waiting for you.
  • Ratchet & Clank bolt farming can be idled and only takes a few hours. Glitch into the hoverboard race on Blackwater city, set up your controller so that :circle: is held down (I lent the TV remote on it, and then added some weight to the TV remote so that the button on the controller was being pushed down) and then just walk away.
  • Ratchet & Clank 3 you don't really need to bolt farm - you get a 20X multiplier in NG+ and I ended up maxed out in no time. Leveling up weapons is the real grind of that game.
  • Lara Croft & Temple of Osiris is quite easy and short, challenge wise, although Guardian of Light was a much better game imo. Something about Osiris just wasn't as interesting.
  • Surprised you made it through Sly 2 but can't stand Sly 3. They're quite similar and honestly I prefer 3.
  • Harry Potter & Half Blood Prince was amazing, imo. I didn't appreciate the gameplay changes - whereas 1-3 were Zelda-esque games and worked really well, I don't really know what OotP and HBP were. But I had a blast just exploring Hogwarts for those crests. Are you a fan of the series itself? Maybe some of the magic of just exploring is lost if you're not a fan of the world in the first place.
  • Broken Age wasn't a Telltale game

7 hours ago, madbuk said:

Some harsh words thrown towards plenty of games I loved in this checklist </3

• Jak II is easily the worst of the trilogy, imo, but I still really enjoyed it. If you want real garbage, Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier is waiting for you.
  • Ratchet & Clank bolt farming can be idled and only takes a few hours. Glitch into the hoverboard race on Blackwater city, set up your controller so that :circle: is held down (I lent the TV remote on it, and then added some weight to the TV remote so that the button on the controller was being pushed down) and then just walk away.
  • Ratchet & Clank 3 you don't really need to bolt farm - you get a 20X multiplier in NG+ and I ended up maxed out in no time. Leveling up weapons is the real grind of that game.
  • Lara Croft & Temple of Osiris is quite easy and short, challenge wise, although Guardian of Light was a much better game imo. Something about Osiris just wasn't as interesting.
  • Surprised you made it through Sly 2 but can't stand Sly 3. They're quite similar and honestly I prefer 3.
  • Harry Potter & Half Blood Prince was amazing, imo. I didn't appreciate the gameplay changes - whereas 1-3 were Zelda-esque games and worked really well, I don't really know what OotP and HBP were. But I had a blast just exploring Hogwarts for those crests. Are you a fan of the series itself? Maybe some of the magic of just exploring is lost if you're not a fan of the world in the first place.
  • Broken Age wasn't a Telltale game

1. R&C games were on the Vita, would've been a tad trickier to keep any button pressed down really
  2. I liked the movies for the most part, didn't read any of the books. Exploring is one thing, but I found all the gameplay surrounding it atroicuous.
  3. That is correct, I mixed Telltale and Double Fine up in that one. Thanks for noticing! (fixed now)

3 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

1. R&C games were on the Vita, would've been a tad trickier to keep any button pressed down really
  2. I liked the movies for the most part, didn't read any of the books. Exploring is one thing, but I found all the gameplay surrounding it atroicuous.
  3. That is correct, I mixed Telltale and Double Fine up in that one. Thanks for noticing! (fixed now)

I managed to set up the bolt glitch to idle on Vita too, it's not too much different to a controller.

What most people do for Ratchet and Clank 1 is use a rubberband to keep the O button pressed with duck tape or regular tape. I used regular tape and set my PS3 controller down with some clothes and kept up the bolt collecting for about 15 hours or so. Got the trophy afterwards.

For Vita it may be easier or difficult due to the buttons being a lot smaller. Plus you still have to do a Twisty McMarx in the hoverboard race in Blackwater City for the platinum, which I heard is rather difficult given the Vita's touchpad controls.

I generally avoid most games based directly on movies since they tend to suck.

1 hour ago, Sigma999 said:

Great collection of plats , Voodoo :awesome:

I checked your list to see what games did you plat and what are your recommendations and worth playing . Too bad you didn't found Steins;Gate that good -_- I really liked the game and the anime after playing .

I actually kinda agree with voodoo... Currently playing steins;gate and at chapter 6-7 it just started to really get moving imo. 

However I loved the anime, and currently watching in between play sessions(in dub! Especially sense one of my favorite voice actors is in it! J. Michael Tatum, and he's a perfect Okabe!! Imo) for maybe the 3rd or 4th time. Great anime! 

Although I completely disagree with danganronpa not getting a gold or platinum recommendation. That game sucks you in from the beginning imo. 

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sigma999 said:

Great collection of plats , Voodoo :awesome:

I checked your list to see what games did you plat and what are your recommendations and worth playing . Too bad you didn't found Steins;Gate that good -_- I really liked the game and the anime after playing .

Thanks! The thing with Steins Gate is, that the story is interesting, but it takes too long to develop while too much filler content gets thrown in. I approach VN the same way I approach books. In a book, if after the first couple of 100 pages nothing sufficiently interesting happens to keep me going, I am inclined to drop it and never pick it back up again. To me, if the writer doesn't manage to captivate the reader in  reasonable amount of time, the book is likely to be shit.

20 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I actually kinda agree with voodoo... Currently playing steins;gate and at chapter 6-7 it just started to really get moving imo. 

However I loved the anime, and currently watching in between play sessions(in dub! Especially sense one of my favorite voice actors is in it! J. Michael Tatum, and he's a perfect Okabe!! Imo) for maybe the 3rd or 4th time. Great anime! 

Although I completely disagree with danganronpa not getting a gold or platinum recommendation. That game sucks you in from the beginning imo. 

Danganronpa was that damn school crap after the story that really annoyed me, without that I'd have given it a :gold:. The story was cool and all, as were the characters. The only other thing I wasn't fond of, was the trial minigame. I hope at least the school mode nonsense isn't in the other 2 games, as I still want to play those at some point.

17 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I agree that the game takes a slow pace in the 1st half and really only get into the game from chapter 3 onwards but overall i really loved the game and i find it reallu superior to the anime adaptation although the anime was really good also .

39 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Danganronpa was that damn school crap after the story that really annoyed me, without that I'd have given it a :gold:. The story was cool and all, as were the characters. The only other thing I wasn't fond of, was the trial minigame. I hope at least the school mode nonsense isn't in the other 2 games, as I still want to play those at some point.

It is in the first and second one. Even worse in the second one because you need to do it perfect, while in the first one you can miss one, (14 vs 15 characters). Otherwise it will require a whole new playtrough.

I don´t like that school mode either, its just a big grind.

Atleast the story is great :awesome: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

It is in the first and second one. Even worse in the second one because you need to do it perfect, while in the first one you can miss one, (14 vs 15 characters). Otherwise it will require a whole new playtrough.

I don´t like that school mode either, its just a big grind.

Atleast the story is great :awesome: 

Well, that sucks. Sounds like I'll skip the 2nd one then, as I have no intention of ever playing that mode again. Shame really... oh well, plenty of other games to keep me busy.

One more plat added to the list (Dungeons II), which brings the count up to #161.

The next plat might take a while, I'll be mainly chipping away at Assassin's Creed Rogue and Sword Art Online Lost Song for the foreseeable future. Possibly adding a few games depending on what's offered in the IGC and upcoming sales.