Umbra

DrakeHellsing

Okay, I just saw Umbra again and the game told me about using the time travelling dog to go into the past.  Now what I want to know is if I do so, go into the past, would the dog also take me back to the future/where I came from so to speak? Cause I am in Altissa right now, and if I use the dog to go back to the past, then I see the dog again, will it take me back to Altissa again?

Wondering that in case there are side quests I want to still get done in Altissa (and the hunts they give me).  I mean the game mentioned said past travel, but it didn't really explain too much about it.

Ya I was uncomfortable doing anything with Umbra in fear it would change the game. Nope. The game just really poorly explained that nothing would be affected(story wise. You carry over everything, new weapons, upgrades, completed quests, etc.)  by doing so. 

Consider Umbra more of a teleportation than time change if that helps 

Edited by Dav9834

1 minute ago, Dav9834 said:

Ya I was uncomfortable doing anything with Umbra in fear it would change the game. Nope. The game just really poorly explained that nothing would be affected(negatively) by doing so. 

Consider Umbra more of a teleportation than time change if that helps 

yea hes more of an intercontenental fast travel dog the time travel is more of a u was here you will go here then u was there but now your here but really hes just transporting you to another country except that 1 point but thats spoilers but like the quoted poster says it effects nothing plot wise except you can go and level and shop etc before going back to what u was doing 

• Like 1

To be honest I didn't really pay much attention when Gentiana introduces Umbra and didn't touch it till I finished the main story, but I do think it is a fantastic way of getting you back to free roam after the story finishes. It is the first game I have ever played where the story significantly advances the years but then clever lets your return to the past without feeling disjointed.

18 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

my apologies didn't mean to spoil anything, I should probably look into how to do that 

4 minutes ago, EpicNogg4 said:

[ Spoiler ] Content here [ / Spoiler ] Obviously without the spaces though :P

Reveal hidden contents

Content

Aghh I've run out of likes again!! :facepalm: I swear it should be 50 instead of 25....

I'll try to remember tomorrow :)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Thanks for the quick explanation on Umbra, in that he's more of a teleportation dog than a time travelling dog.  Either way, it's an interesting way of how they do it.  But hey, I'm not far off from finishing the game now, so once the game is finished, I shall give Umbra a go for sure.

Ya that's what I did too anyway