What the hell am I doing wrong?

AJ_Radio

A few months back I asked someone via PM about how to get Sound Shapes on the PS3. 

Sounds like a very stupid question, but the thing is with this purchase is you get the cross buy. Seems only fair right? Only it downloads the Vita version, not the PS3 version. 

I have attempted both the regular version and bundled version, both end up downloading the Vita version. Since I already auto popped on the Vita I have no need to download it again. 

..and it's happened five times in a span of a couple hours. Whoever thought it was a good idea to trigger the Vita version to download onto the PS3 AND require you to hook both consoles together is a jackass. 

Those PMs from a few months ago are gone, they were deleted. So I'm stuck pissing in the wind figuring out how the flying fuck to get Sound Shapes installed. 

At at first I thought I could just press triangle once the Vita version was finished and somehow switch it to the PS3. Can't do it. I download in background and all it does is just download the Vita version. PS3 version doesn't show. 

Only thing I can think of is just let the download finish in the initial screen without having it go to background, or look harder on PSN if I have to find a very specific spot to click on. I've looked in game files and game save files and nothing. Although strangely enough a random DLC pack compatible on the PS3 managed to show up on the save files. No idea how it got there. 

I'm out of solutions, but I'm sure some of you are taking me as an idiot because I'm missing a crucial step and I just can't see it in front of me.

try downloading from the website the game that doesn't say the psvita, because sometimes it says that the game is compatible to psvita and ps3 but actually it only works on psvita 

here is the link only for ps3 https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/sound-shapes/cid=UP9000-NPUA80543_00-SOUNDSHAPES00000

Edit: don't brother with the price showing up, if you have the game you won't need to pay extra for it. 

Edit 2: I can confirm that the ps3 version can be downloaded only by this link the others that say ps3 and/or vita and/or  ps4 will download only the vita version on your ps3, i think it is a glitch but you are still able do downloaded  

Edited by rwd1997
  • Like 2

Just slightly confused.. You're trying to download Sound & Shapes to your PS3? If that's the case you can just go to the PlayStation store on the PC, look through the library of games that you've purchased and click the download to system option if you're unable to locate it on the system to begin with... if that's what you're having issues with at least.

Edited by DuckSwimmer
  • Like 1

If you downloaded the demo previously, it should be at the bottom of the list. If nothing works, download the demo in another account but play logged in yours then after the demo ends it will ask you to purchase and you say yes, it will then start the download of your copy if you are logged in the account you purchased it with, activating it into the full game. Post back with your results. 

• Like 1

Ok I got it guys. Turns out you HAVE to download to your PS3 FROM the store website accessed by your PC or smartphone.

I went in the store via my PS3 SIX times and every time only gave me the Vita version. I don't know why this is since I have a good amount of digital games for all three platforms that support trophies, a couple which are multi platform (Resogun and Rogue Legacy) and they didn't do this. Weird.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Spaz

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...