Ys Origin Delayed to May 30th (Vita version only)

Cave Johnson

31 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Seriously, why always Vita version :/

Cross-buy upon Vita release (so people are angry they only get one game when they buy big boobed PS4 version :awesome:) or immediately (so you get Vita version as free when it arrives)?

In the comments they said it would be cross-buy, but didn't give any further details, so I have no idea how it will work. Honestly, I'm not really sure how cross-buy works in general. I only own maybe one or two games that have it.

46 minutes ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

In the comments they said it would be cross-buy, but didn't give any further details, so I have no idea how it will work. Honestly, I'm not really sure how cross-buy works in general. I only own maybe one or two games that have it.

There are 3 versions of cross-buys.

1.1) Normal one + shared store field = all versions are available at the same time and you just buy one game which gives you option to download 2/3 versions

1.2) Normal one + split store field = all versions are available at the same time and you buy either version which immediately results in other versions being Free for you on store

2) Late cross buy = only one version is available on release and once the other versions appear on the store, they are automatically free

3) Angry customers = only one version is available on release but buying it does not make the later appearing version free, however, if you buy one of the versions once all available versions are on stores, you get all versions =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

On 15/2/2017 at 11:00 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

There are 3 versions of cross-buys.

1.1) Normal one + shared store field = all versions are available at the same time and you just buy one game which gives you option to download 2/3 versions

1.2) Normal one + split store field = all versions are available at the same time and you buy either version which immediately results in other versions being Free for you on store

2) Late cross buy = only one version is available on release and once the other versions appear on the store, they are automatically free

3) Angry customers = only one version is available on release but buying it does not make the later appearing version free, however, if you buy one of the versions once all available versions are on stores, you get all versions =D

There's also a 4th version, actually:

4) Yay glitch = only one version is released as a PS+ freebie but when they eventually release all the other versions, they're so stupid to make a new bundle instead of separate versions, and the bundle is free. And when you grab this new bundle, the PS+ version magically "unties" from subscription, becoming yours to keep forever.

1 hour ago, T87 said:

There's also a 4th version, actually:

4) Yay glitch = only one version is released as a PS+ freebie but when they eventually release all the other versions, they're so stupid to make a new bundle instead of separate versions, and the bundle is free. And when you grab this new bundle, the PS+ version magically "unties" from subscription, becoming yours to keep forever.

Woooo, naisu glitch.

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Ys VIII? Sure you want to play a game that you won't understand. Or did you learn japanese automagically? xD

If you mean Celceta, that's Ys IV.

That's why he wants to buy it :awesome: 

5 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Ys VIII? Sure you want to play a game that you won't understand. Or did you learn japanese automagically? xD

If you mean Celceta, that's Ys IV.

I guess i Mistaken with the one that went out in Japan some months ago then, my bad xD

13 minutes ago, sephirothdude said:

Is this getting Europe release too?

Unless I missed something, they weren't very clear about it in either article. However, they said the release would be worldwide in the comments section of the first article here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/03/classic-rpg-ys-origin-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita-on-february-21-2017/

Edited by Cave_Johnson_
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cave_Johnson_ said:

Unless I missed something, they weren't very clear about it in either article. However, they said the release would be worldwide in the comments section of the first article here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/03/classic-rpg-ys-origin-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita-on-february-21-2017/

Yea, this Ys should be WW.