Ranking the 5 Worlds

Captain Anura

I was wondering, now that this has been out for a while and people have probably had a chance to play quite a bit, which world people liked playing the best. Personally, I would order them like this:

1. Danger Ball - Possibly the simplest game, but it really lends itself to being controlled with head movements. 

2. Luge - Again simple, but surprisingly tough. I could just lean back and really immerse myself.

3. London Heist - This is most like what an actual game would be like. Loved how you could interact with everything in the van. 

4. Ocean Descent - Pity this was just an experience and had no gameplay mechanics, because the underwater world was beautiful.

5. Scavenger's Odyssey - Wanted to like this, but the jump-to-move mechanic was just sickening.

So, that's what I think, let me know what you think!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well I personally really quite enjoyed all 5 worlds, I'm surprised that some seem to get very mixed reviews. But for me, I would have to say:

1. The London Heist - The way you can interact with so many things is so much fun and I really enjoyed the shooting, even in the shooting range.
2. Danger Ball - So much fun for such a simple concept, the control that you have is definitely what makes it so good.
3. VR Luge - The feeling of rushing downhill at high speeds and dodging traffic is intense stuff and I really enjoyed improving bit by bit.
4. Scavenger's Odyssey - I also experienced some sickness a couple of times while playing this but I still enjoyed the shooting and jumping when things went well.
5. Ocean Descent - The one gripe that I have with this is that I think it should have only been 1 level (the shark one) as the other ones just seem somewhat dull afterwards, but still a great experience the first time around.

shaneyboy619.png

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

1. London Heist, the absolute best. That's why it's the only one they released a sequel. The chasing scene is amazing... it's the best VR experience I got so far along with Astro Bot. I also loved how even with the DualShock you can play as you're holding a gun, not all games do that and require you to buy a Move controller.

2. Scavenger's Odyssey. Nice and fairly simple mechanics for this fun Sci-Fi game. Loved the immersion. Probably the game with the best graphics of the bunch too. Yes, I occasionally got motion sickness but for the most part it was enjoyable.

3. Danger Ball. Nice and fun concept but it gets repetitive soon.

4. Ocean Descent. My first ever contact with VR. Loved the environment and the shark cracked some nice scarejumps. Shame it doesn't offer anything more.

5. Luge. Kind of hating it. It controls pretty terrible and it's somewhat boring too.

In short, this game offers one masterpiece, three games that are just fine and one pretty awful game.

Edited by BEAST_IHMOTEP
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

1. VR luge - My absolutely favorite thing in the whole game, challenge time is pretty tight but I didn't mind replaying this fun ride at all!

2. London heist - fun story and the shooting scenes were my best VR experience till this day

3. Danger ball - very addictive mini-game, it really challenged my reflexes but that's what I like about it

4. Ocean Descent - Nothing special but the shark encounter was pretty good, the other two dives were completely unnecessary

5. Scavenger's Odyssey - Didn't really like the story tbh, I got motion sick from jumping as well lol

• 5 weeks later...

1. London Heist - Great first experience with a VR shooter, short but satisfying story and was really fun to blast some scum.

2. VR Luge - Even though there are only 4 races they are really fun and thrill inducing.

3. Danger Ball - Nice to see a new variant of Pong after all these years and it was fun for a while but the challenges were a bit annoying after a while.

4. Ocean Descent - Fun and short experience. This is the perfect game to introduce people to the PSVR.

5. Scavenger's Odyssey - This was the only game I didn't like. This is mainly because the controls cause motion sickness, the gameplay was boring and the story was just uninteresting in my opinion.