Marvelboy10's Weekend Trivia Challenge

marvelboy10

Just now, Gray-Fox-44 said:

Thanks pal. So far I have passed 5 subjects and I have 2 more exams to come during this week and the other.

Nice! When I had to take 6 finals I passed all of them with flying colors. My intentions are not to brag but I got an 80 on my Algebra 2 Honors final (32/42), 82 on my Biology Final (24.5/30), A 92 on my Spanish final (46/50), A 93 on my Sports Marketing Final (37/40), A 98 on my English final (196/200=98), and a perfect 100 on my African American History Honors final (45/45) :D

Just now, Deceptrox said:

Correct! The whole is Dog Tags. Now can you briefly explain the clues?

First clue: “Just try to pull the trigger!” -> This is what enemies say when they refuse to give up xD

Second clue: Six dog breeds.

Third clue: Strut A basement.

Fourth clue: Hideo Kojima. -> There's a dog tag for kojima, but I can't relate this to the other cles :P

This is all I have... I know, it is kind of sad xD

1 minute ago, marvelboy10 said:

Nice! When I had to take 6 finals I passed all of them with flying colors. My intentions are not to brag but I got an 80 on my Algebra 2 Honors final (32/42), 82 on my Biology Final (24.5/30), A 92 on my Spanish final (46/50), A 93 on my Sports Marketing Final (37/40), A 98 on my English final (196/200=98), and a perfect 100 on my African American History Honors final (45/45) :D

Nice! So far I've been getting pretty good marks too. My average is 92/100 :P Not that bad ;)

¿Que tan avanzado es tu Español? ;)

• Like 2

First clue: “Just try to pull the trigger!” -> This is what enemies say when they refuse to give up xD

Second clue: Six dog breeds.

Third clue: Strut A basement.

Fourth clue: Hideo Kojima. -> There's a dog tag for kojima, but I can't relate this to the other cles :P

This is all I have... I know, it is kind of sad xD

Correct on your first clue. They also say "If you are going to shoot, then shoot me".

On fourth clue, you are right too, can you remember exactly where do you get Kojima's tag? (Hint: On different difficulties you get Solid Snake's or Liquid Snake's dog tags in that place).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deceptrox said:

Correct on your first clue. They also say "If you are going to shoot, then shoot me".

On fourth clue, you are right too, can you remember exactly where do you get Kojima's tag? (Hint: On different difficulties you get Solid Snake's or Liquid Snake's dog tags in that place).

From Snake himself, on the arsenal gear ;)

But what about clues 2 and 3? :dunno:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

That's right! Ok, I was looking for the exact place, e.g. Arsenal Gear's Jejunum, but your answer is Correct.

Ok. For the other clues, here are the hints: 

Do you remember the scene where Snake asks Raiden "what is that?" And Raiden says Dog Tags? That is related to the clue.

On the other just check the trophy list of the game.

5 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

Actually, do you remember on what difficulty you get Kojima's dog tag? Just for the sake of the clue.

13 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

Nice! So far I've been getting pretty good marks too. My average is 92/100 :P Not that bad ;)

¿Que tan avanzado es tu Español? ;)

Mi español es genial. :D

I know how to count to 100 in Spanish, how to say the time in Spanish, months, foods, activities, etc. The basics really. I'm taking Spanish 2 next year. :D 

@Deceptrox

6. Electro. 

• Like 2

That's right! Ok, I was looking for the exact place, e.g. Arsenal Gear's Jejunum, but your answer is Correct.

In the butt! xD

Ok. For the other clues, here are the hints: 

Do you remember the scene where Snake asks Raiden "what is that?" And Raiden says Dog Tags? That is related to the clue.

On the other just check the trophy list of the game.

Ok. St. Bernard, Poodle, Yorkie, Beagle (My dog is a beagle :P ) Shiba inu and maybe Golden? (From "Silence is Golden"?) I didn't play the ps3 version, so I had no idea about the trophies ;)

No idea on the other one....

2 minutes ago, marvelboy10 said:

Mi español es genial. :D

I know how to count to 100 in Spanish, how to say the time in Spanish, months, foods, activities, etc. The basics really. I'm taking Spanish 2 next year. :D

That's great pal. And don't worry, the basics rule! ;)

• Like 1

In the butt! xD

Ok. St. Bernard, Poodle, Yorkie, Beagle (My dog is a beagle :P ) Shiba inu and maybe Golden? (From "Silence is Golden"?) I didn't play the ps3 version, so I had no idea about the trophies ;)

No idea on the other one....

Haha. I checked my answers, and I didn't consider the location where you get Kojima's tag, but the difficulty setting where Snake's drop it.

You are making too messy on the other clue, just make it simple. Check the trophy list with no regrets.

On the 3rd clue, do you remember what is written on Raiden's dog tags after he removes them? 

@marvelboy10, any plans to play a Metal Gear game?

1 minute ago, Deceptrox said:

@marvelboy10, any plans to play a Metal Gear game?

As of now no. I am well aware of Metal Gear Solid but I never actually managed to play an actual game from the series D:. I'll check to see if they have any Metal Gear Solid games on the mid year sale and see from there. :)

4 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

You are making too messy on the other clue, just make it simple. Check the trophy list with no regrets.

On the 3rd clue, do you remember what is written on Raiden's dog tags after he removes them? 

Ok. Not golden, but Great Dane ;) And that should be it.

As for Raiden's Dog Tags, it carries the info one sets at the beginning. Is that it?

6 minutes ago, marvelboy10 said:

As of now no. I am well aware of Metal Gear Solid but I never actually managed to play an actual game from the series D:. I'll check to see if they have any Metal Gear Solid games on the mid year sale and see from there. :)

No worries. Grabbing the Legacy Collection is the best deal, as it brings Metal Gear Solid 2, MGS3, and Peace Walker in one disc; and MGS4 on a second disc.

It also brings a code for MGS1, and MGS3 brings the first two games of the series, these three games are trophyless, though.

4 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

Ok. Not golden, but Great Dane ;) And that should be it.

As for Raiden's Dog Tags, it carries the info one sets at the beginning. Is that it?

Ok, you are correct on you second clue. I was just expecting you to say that there are 6 dog tag related trophies. 

Really close. What is the beginning? Where do you input that info?

Edited by Deceptrox

2 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

No worries. Grabbing the Legacy Collection is the best deal, as it brings Metal Gear Solid 2, MGS3, and Peace Walker in one disc; and MGS4 on a second disc.

It also brings a code for MGS1, and MGS3 brings the first two games of the series, this three games are trophyless, though. 

Don't forget the MGS VR missions one :) It took me quite some time to 100% it on PSone xD

I got the legacy collection for about 3,5 dollars in a sony store a couple months ago, but right now I don't have the necessary time to start it... Anyways, I did play the original versions in each console, so I have no rush ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

Don't forget the MGS VR missions one :) It took me quite some time to 100% it on PSone xD

I got the legacy collection for about 3,5 dollars in a sony store a couple months ago, but right now I don't have the necessary time to start it... Anyways, I did play the original versions in each console, so I have no rush ;)

Correct, I missed to say that the code gives you both, MGS and the VR Missions.

There are also 2 graphic novels of MGS and MGS2 if I recall correctly.

Edited by Deceptrox

3 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

:D I feel so palmface right now xD

About mei ling's voice cameo...

Not 8, not 10... Maybe 12? I remember several saves were needed.

That's not correct, it seems that you are having Bad Luck regarding this question, if you catch my meaning.

On 3/2/2017 at 5:02 PM, marvelboy10 said:

@marvelboy10

Topic: Lord Of the Rings/ Hobbit

6. What was the name of the first Uruk-hai that was created? (Aragorn fought him in "The Fellowship of the Ring")

His name is Lurtz, and it needs to be specified that he was a non-canonical movie specific character, and does not appear in the source material at all. In fact, the movies suggest that it was Saruman who created the Uruk-hai, which is incorrect: Sauron first created the Uruk-hai, Saruman just put his own particular spin on the Uruk-hai by breeding them with Men. Sort of like how the Israelis put their own spin on the Mirage fighter jet by creating the Kfir.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

His name is Lurtz, and it needs to be specified that he was a non-canonical movie specific character, and does not appear in the source material at all. In fact, the movies suggest that it was Saruman who created the Uruk-hai, which is incorrect: Sauron first created the Uruk-hai, Saruman just put his own particular spin on the Uruk-hai by breeding them with Men. Sort of like how the Israelis put their own spin on the Mirage fighter jet by creating the Kfir.

Correct! 

Wow I did not know that. Thanks for sharing that information. :)

Edited by marvelboy10

Ok. A hint for the second question from the Wrestling trivia:

Check the last 40 seconds of the video. I may have been wrong when formulating the question, but I guess Mankind performed this other finisher at least one when wearing Mr. Rocko on his left arm and Mr. socko on his right arm.