Falion's Land of Backlog and Trophies

xFalionx

My backlog started growing ever since I got PS+ in September 2016, furthermore Sony's download list is the exact opposite of the word overview. Since @BillyHorriblereminded me that trophy checklists were a thing, I decided to make one of my own now. Also, kudos to anyone who gets the reference in the title. :) 

The abandoned games are games I've tried and didn't like, games that I simply don't own and only have on my profile because a friend brought it over once etc. There are also some on there because of miscellaneous reasons like unobtainable trophies or other issues.

Also, if you want to suggest some games for me to play, you should consider that I don't own a PS4 yet. My PS4 games were all obtained through PS+.

Pretty version:

Unplayable(PS4):

Sf80477.pngSb9b815.pngSbacbd0.pngS8b4bfe.pngS9b9cf9.pngS0f0efa.pngS8b5b95.pngSca4318.pngS4b3416.pngS5313ac.pngS7fa680.pngS817883.pngSe75abb.pngS81e2a5.pngS186d65.pngSf6bcea.pngS5be6a1.pngS1449f0.pngScbb014.pngS5f742a.pngSd59b2b.png

Unplayable(Untouched PS+ and/or physical PS3 game):

Sf02dc8.pngS10b646.pngS39d880.pngS9da638.pngS4f18b6.pngS69f2c2.pngS1e04d7.pngCall of Duty: Modern Warfare 2S6365ae.pngS0590e8.pngS9a20b3.pngS5aaec8.pngS508912.pngSe65558.pngS8b8969.pngS8688b6.pngS41698a.pngKingdom Hearts 358/2 DaysS74f68a.pngS8a03da.pngS167429.pngS65915e.pngS81d5ca.pngSb97613.pngSe4108d.pngS42395b.pngSbdc8c0.png

Unplayable(Started PS+ and/or physical PS3 game):

Sff1fd1.pngBatman: Arkham AsylumDiRT 3S117b9e.pngKingdom HeartsS621d3a.pngThe Lord of the Rings: War in the NorthTitan Souls

Unplayable(Played through PS+ and/or physical PS3 game):

Assassin's Creed BrotherhoodAssassin's Creed IIICall of Duty: Ghosts

Whites: [Call of Duty: Ghosts]

Untouched:

S56a712.pngS221eb9.pngS46217e.png

Started:

S88259a.pngAtelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of DuskS4fd3eb.pngDarksidersDragon Ball XenoverseLost Planet 3ResogunTerrariaToukiden: The Age of DemonsWake-up Club

Played through:

Fat Princess: Piece of CakeHotline MiamiLittleBigPlanetSd9e196.pngS37dce7.pngRun Sackboy! Run!

100% completed without DLC:

Sb6c0ca.pngFrobisher Says!Gravity RushMad RidersPlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

100% completed:

Actual SunlightAmnesia: MemoriesAssassin's Creed IICode: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~Color GuardiansDanganronpa: Trigger Happy HavocDanganronpa 2: Goodbye DespairDark SoulsDay of the Tentacle RemasteredFinal Fantasy X HDFreedom WarsFrom DustHatsune Miku: Project DIVA fJak and Daxter: The Precursor LegacySef1aad.pngS443616.pngJourneyLetter Quest RemasteredOddworld: Stranger's Wrath HDPersona 4 GoldenPixelJunk Shooter UltimatePrince of Persia: The Forgotten SandsPumped BMX +Ratchet & ClankRatchet & Clank 2Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your ArsenalRatchet: DeadlockedRatchet & Clank: A Crack in TimeRogue LegacyRune Factory OceansSf89d5a.pngSly Cooper: Thieves in TimeSouth Park: The Stick of TruthSword Art Online: Hollow FragmentScd33a5.pngSc39eea.pngTorqueLSe2e781.pngWelcome Park

Whites: [Journey]

Abandoned:

DmC Devil May CryEcolibriumFIFA 12FIFA 13LittleBigPlanet KartingNo Heroes Allowed: No Puzzles Either!The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus CharacterSeb5b8c.png

Useful version:

PS4:

Bought:

Free:

• Alienation
  • Disc Jam
  • Drawn to Death
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
  • Invisible, Inc.
  • LittleBigPlanet 3
  • Lords of the Fallen
  • Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime 
  • Not a Hero
  • Resident Evil
  • Stories: The Path of Destinies
  • Tales from the Borderlands
  • Tearaway Unfolded
  • The Deadly Tower of Monsters
  • This War of Mine: The Little Ones
  • Transformers: Devastation

PS3:

Bought:

• Assassins Creed 3
  • Assassins Creed IV Black Flag
  • Assassins Creed Rogue
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Catherine
  • Darksiders
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Jak 2
  • Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
  • Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories
  • Kingdom Hearts 258/2 Days
  • Lord of the Rings: War in the North
  • Resogun

Free:

• Alien Rage - Extended Edition
  • Anna Extended Edition
  • Badland GotY Edition
  • BlazeRush
  • Blood Knights
  • Costume Quest 2
  • Datura
  • Dirt 3
  • Earth Defense Force 2025
  • Hyper Void
  • Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom
  • Lost Planet 3
  • MotorStorm RC
  • Port Royale 3
  • Starwhal
  • Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late

PSVita:

Bought:

• Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk
  • Freedom Wars
  • Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines 

• Tales of Hearts R

• Terraria
  • Toukiden: The Age of Demons

Free:

• 10 Second Ninja X
  • Azkend 2: The World Beneath
  • Curses 'n Chaos
  • Hungry Giraffe
  • Laser Disco Defenders
  • Little Deviants
  • Lumo
  • Ninja Senki DX
  • The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character
  • The Swindle
  • Tiny Troopers Joint Ops
  • Titan Souls
  • Type:Rider
  • VVVVVV

Misc. (trophyless games):

• Final Fantasy 8 (PSX)
  • Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2)
  • Lemmings (PSP)
  • LocoRoco2 (PSP)
  • Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters (PSP)
  • Spyro 2 (PSX)
  • Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix (PS3)
Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 3

On 3/11/2017 at 0:48 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Well, when I'm not spamming the threads it seems I'm making others spam the threads :)

Your backlog seems small but then agsin you had PS+ for less than a year. Good that you're doing something about it before it gets out of hand. Good luck, happy gaming!

Thanks. :) 

Yeah, I'm mostly doing this for an overview because the download list is not really great at doing its job keeping track of all digital games. It took me like 3 hours to compile this list because I had to scroll through various pages of free DLC packs, demos and dozens of episodes of some TV show Sony thought, they'd want to give me for free. Now I have them all in a tidy little list. :D 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, acetryhard said:

I noticed that you have not bought any games for the PlayStation 4 why is that? Did you just recently get it or are you just using it for free Ps Plus games?

The reason is that I don't own one yet. I'm just listing my PS+ games for future reference because I'm planning to get one later this year or sometime next year, that way I have a full list of all games I own despite being unable to play some of them at the moment.

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

The reason is that I don't own one yet. I'm just listing my PS+ games for future reference because I'm planning to get one later this year or sometime next year, that way I have a full list of all games I own despite being unable to play some of them at the moment.

Ok just wondering thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

15 minutes ago, Shurax_Urden said:

Seeing this reminded me that I still have to finish Brotherhood and Kingdom Hearts (as they were goals for me :)

You have great games completed, I like that you have a lot of Ratchet and Clank there!

Why have you abandoned Dark Souls? I find it a really great game :) 

Yeah, I really need to get back to these myself but right now I'm starting up more untouched games for the KYC3 event. ^_^ 

Thanks, I wish I had more R&C games. 

Yeah it's pretty great. The only reason it's on my abandoned list along with DMC, is that a friend brought those 2 games over for me to try (and probably to watch me get beaten to pulp repeatedly :P), so I don't own them at the moment. Should I come across a cheap copy of those games I'll get back to them though.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I went out of my way and bought some games again. Turns out that I wanted to try out ebay a few days ago, so I ended up picking up Assassins Creed IV Black Flag to future proof my AC gaming, Final Fantasy 13 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and all of those for less than 20€. I've also went and picked up Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines in the last PSN sale after reading @zettlock's review about the game in KYC3. I've also bought my first 5 PS4 games despite not owning a PS4 yet, I just couldn't stop myself from spending a dollar for one of my favorite Point and Click franchises of all time, Deponia. Then there's the 4 games that came with it, and I've also added the 6 new PS+ games to my backlog.

I'm also considering getting a few games from the current EU sale since there's some great stuff in there like Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, The Walking Dead (Season 1), The Wolf Among Us, Stein's;Gate, and Tales of Hearts R. After all I've still got about 13€ left over courtesy to @Crimson Idol's giveaway back in the Vita's 5th anniversary thread. I've heard great things about Cyber Sleuth, always wanted to play a Telltale game, wanted to see the routes of Stein's;Gate which were not shown in the anime, and I've also always wanted to try a Tales of game, so those would all be great choices for me, and I didn't even look at the PS3 sales yet. :D 

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, xFalionx said:

I'm also considering getting a few games from the current EU sale since there's some great stuff in there like Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, The Walking Dead (Season 1), The Wolf Among Us, Stein's;Gate, and Tales of Hearts R. After all I've still got about 13€ left over courtesy to @Crimson Idol's giveaway back in the Vita's 5th anniversary thread. I've heard great things about Cyber Sleuth, always wanted to play a Telltale game, wanted to see the routes of Stein's;Gate which were not shown in the anime, and I've also always wanted to try a Tales of game, so those would all be great choices for me, and I didn't even look at the PS3 sales yet. :D 

Personally I didn't really enjoy Tales of Hearts R as I didn't like the characters but most found it quite enjoyable. Personally I would say that it's definitely a decent purchase for 8 EUR. The same goes for Steins;Gate. 7 EUR is a fair price for the quality time you will spend with that novel. ^_^

And one advise: Stay away from Telltale Games on Vita. They perform like turd.

And nice to read that you grabbed Black Flag. I really enjoyed the 50+ horus I spend in singleplayer and even the multiplayer is quite decent. I'm sure @BillyHorrible is willing to send you a summary of all the tips related to the multiplayer. xD BTW: If you feel like playing AC III in the near future (I see you still have it unplayed in your list) give me a shout out so we can try to do some of the multiplayer-related trophies. Speaking about it: The AC III Season Pass is also on sale at the moment and only costs 4 EUR and features all Story-DLCs (beware though: Total size of them is 6GB :o ).

Did you play all Deponia-games btw?

• Like 1

Did someone say Assassin's Creed? B) 

You know that's the magic words that summon me right? (That and a tag...)

Yeah just give a shout if you're going to start grinding the multiplayer, I have a batch of tips from my own experiences. What I learned from @Crimson Idol and will gladly pass on: if you have Freedom Cry as DLC, play through that one before you play the multiplayer since freeing slaves in the DLC nets you MP moneys. Very useful since you probably won't have enough to buy all the abilities and weapons by the time you're level 55 (if you follow our tips and grind efficiently, that is).

You could also ask nicely and I'll let you copycat the skills so not useful that you don't want them for yourself anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Personally I didn't really enjoy Tales of Hearts R as I didn't like the characters but most found it quite enjoyable. Personally I would say that it's definitely a decent purchase for 8 EUR. The same goes for Steins;Gate. 7 EUR is a fair price for the quality time you will spend with that novel. ^_^

And one advise: Stay away from Telltale Games on Vita. They perform like turd.

And nice to read that you grabbed Black Flag. I really enjoyed the 50+ horus I spend in singleplayer and even the multiplayer is quite decent. I'm sure @BillyHorrible is willing to send you a summary of all the tips related to the multiplayer. xD BTW: If you feel like playing AC III in the near future (I see you still have it unplayed in your list) give me a shout out so we can try to do some of the multiplayer-related trophies. Speaking about it: The AC III Season Pass is also on sale at the moment and only costs 4 EUR and features all Story-DLCs (beware though: Total size of them is 6GB :o ).

Did you play all Deponia-games btw?

Yeah, I did some research on the Tales of games and apparently Vesperia would be the one for me, but that one didn't get released on the PS3 in the west, and I won't pay 20€ for an import right now, that's just too expansive for me to try out a franchise. There's also Graces f, Symphonia, Xilia, and Zestiria on sale right now, but they all seem to be lacking in some department if I'm to believe the guys who wrote about them. Also, Graces f wouldn't be for me at all since that one values romance over story apparently, and I'm not a romance guy at all. Symphonia seems to be pretty outdated and Zestiria is supposed to be a bad starting point for people who are new to the franchise, so I might end up getting Xilia if I go for a Tales of game in the sale. 

I'm sure I'll like Stein's;Gate but that's another one further down my list because I've seen the anime, so I already know about the main path, I guess. I'd still like to play it though. Also, thanks for telling me about the Telltale performance. I actually thought they'd be a great fit for the Vita but If they're that choppy I'll just get them on the PS3 instead, if I end up picking one of them up that is.

Now that I've seen I can also add AC Liberation HD, AC Rogue and the AC season passes for 3 and 4 to my list in terms of AC games. I'm not sure about these though, since I've already got quite the AC stash of games to play. Then there's also the Bioshock trilogy, Xilia, and Trails of Cold Steel in the mix now. Anyways, I guess I'll see how I'm doing after Easter since the sales last longer than that as far as I know.

Yeah, with how much I'm loving the earlier titles that one was pretty much a given, especially when I can get the physical copy for 5,50€. I think I may try the multiplayer in those 2 games as it's apparently not as tedious as the Brotherhood MP and you're even able to do some of that grinding in SP. As for AC III, it may take a while before I get there as I'm still playing Brotherhood and I wouldn't want to play them out of order because of the present storyline, so it may take me a few months before I get to AC III. Is the season pass worth it? I'm not really in it for the DLC trophies alone, so I'm not sure of paying 4€ for those DLC packs would be worth the money for the content. After all, I could get a whole other game, like the Telltale games or something like that for the same price. Also, the size does not concern me at all, I've got a 500GB HDD in my PS3 and my internet is fairly fast, even wireless. 

Edit: Woops, missed that last sentence. :D 

I got into the franchise by watching Let's Plays of the first three titles. Then when they announced the fourth game, I got it myself and played through that which is also now the main reason why I got into point and click adventures again. I'll be glad when I end up getting a PS4 since I'll be able to play Deponia myself then.

52 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Did someone say Assassin's Creed? B) 

You know that's the magic words that summon me right? (That and a tag...)

Yeah just give a shout if you're going to start grinding the multiplayer, I have a batch of tips from my own experiences. What I learned from @Crimson Idol and will gladly pass on: if you have Freedom Cry as DLC, play through that one before you play the multiplayer since freeing slaves in the DLC nets you MP moneys. Very useful since you probably won't have enough to buy all the abilities and weapons by the time you're level 55 (if you follow our tips and grind efficiently, that is).

You could also ask nicely and I'll let you copycat the skills so not useful that you don't want them for yourself anyway.

Sure, I'll do so. And no, unless the Freedom Cry DLC is on the disk without entering any code I won't have it. Also, the season pass is 7€ which is even more concerning to me than the 4€ AC3 season pass. Don't really feel like I want to pay half of the money I've got left for a few additional side missions... Also, you know my attitude when it comes to DLC. 

Also, I don't think that copycat thing will work because i remember you mentioning before that you had the glorious PS4 version, while I'm still a puny last gen PS3 peasant. ^_^ 

Edited by xFalionx

12 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Well, I went out of my way and bought some games again. Turns out that I wanted to try out ebay a few days ago, so I ended up picking up Assassins Creed IV Black Flag to future proof my AC gaming, Final Fantasy 13 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and all of those for less than 20€. I've also went and picked up Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines in the last PSN sale after reading @zettlock's review about the game in KYC3. I've also bought my first 5 PS4 games despite not owning a PS4 yet, I just couldn't stop myself from spending a dollar for one of my favorite Point and Click franchises of all time, Deponia. Then there's the 4 games that came with it, and I've also added the 6 new PS+ games to my backlog.

Holy molly, I'm influential B). Enjoy this game as it is something special and unique, though grindy. I will come back to this game when I reach my 50th plat milestone (X-Com) through M&B: Warband and Carmageddon. So not very soon :S.

Other than that - just noticed that trophy images in Oreshika make a picture together. It doesn't look that good here, but on Vita? Holy cow of Moses! Lovin' it!

And for some unknown reason Profiles has trophies in Japanese... It's fine on all Sony apps but here... :(

Edited by zettlock
sad face wasn't sad enough!
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, zettlock said:

Holy molly, I'm influential B). Enjoy this game as it is something special and unique, though grindy. I will come back to this game when I reach my 50th plat milestone (X-Com) through M&B: Warband and Carmageddon. So not very soon :S.

Other than that - just noticed that trophy images in Oreshika make a picture together. It doesn't look that good here, but on Vita? Holy cow of Moses! Lovin' it!

And for some unknown reason Profiles has trophies in Japanese... It's fine on all Sony apps but here... :(

Well, I guess it's more that we share a common taste in games. :D I love grindy JRPGs, strategy games, and like the subject of genetics, so I don't think I could go wrong with this one. ^_^ 

Yeah, it's the same with the Gravity Rush DLC trophy images, they create an image of Kat in the outfit that she gets in each DLC pack when you put them together.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Yeah, I did some research on the Tales of games and apparently Vesperia would be the one for me, but that one didn't get released on the PS3 in the west, and I won't pay 20€ for an import right now, that's just too expansive for me to try out a franchise. There's also Graces f, Symphonia, Xilia, and Zestiria on sale right now, but they all seem to be lacking in some department if I'm to believe the guys who wrote about them. Also, Graces f wouldn't be for me at all since that one values romance over story apparently, and I'm not a romance guy at all. Symphonia seems to be pretty outdated and Zestiria is supposed to be a bad starting point for people who are new to the franchise, so I might end up getting Xilia if I go for a Tales of game in the sale. 

Only played a bit of Graces f (four or five hours) and thought it was okay so far but it was nothing special for me. Have to restart it though. Xillia on the other hand was a game I really enjoyed as I found the cast really appealing, especially the tomboy Leia. Overall I enjoyed it much more than the other two games (Graces and Hearts) as the battle system feels a bit more fast-paced and intuitive for me. The plus of Xillia is that it requires a low amount of grind compared to others. It took me about 80 hours only to finish the two story playthroughs and to obtain the plat.

As for AC III, it may take a while before I get there as I'm still playing Brotherhood and I wouldn't want to play them out of order because of the present storyline, so it may take me a few months before I get to AC III. Is the season pass worth it? I'm not really in it for the DLC trophies alone, so I'm not sure of paying 4€ for those DLC packs would be worth the money for the content. After all, I could get a whole other game, like the Telltale games or something like that for the same price. Also, the size does not concern me at all, I've got a 500GB HDD in my PS3 and my internet is fairly fast, even wireless. 

I don't know if the DLC is worth it. You may better ask Billy or @MosesRockefeller about it. I only bought it as I thought it was nice price reduction.  I'm still in the first hour of the main game. xD 

Edit: Woops, missed that last sentence. :D 

I got into the franchise by watching Let's Plays of the first three titles. Then when they announced the fourth game, I got it myself and played through that which is also now the main reason why I got into point and click adventures again. I'll be glad when I end up getting a PS4 since I'll be able to play Deponia myself then.

I started the games as my girlfriend wanted to get the Deponia trilogy as she enjoyed other Daedalic-games like Night of the Rabbit. Then I decided to give the games a try myself and played through all four games in a matter of 10 days last year. The funny thing is that after finishing Goodbye Deponia I instantly had to buy Deponia Doomsday due to the ending. xD Like many others I thought "Fuck no, this can't be the ending, can it? :| " and instantly purchased it on Steam. When I heard that they will release Deponia on PS4 I also decided to purchase the games a second time as the games gave me a quality time (still I hope that the minigame-controls will be easier with a controller).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Well, I guess it's more that we share a common taste in games. :D I love grindy JRPGs, strategy games, and like the subject of genetics, so I don't think I could go wrong with this one. ^_^ 

Yeah, it's the same with the Gravity Rush DLC trophy images, they create an image of Kat in the outfit that she gets in each DLC pack when you put them together.

Yeah, that's what I discovered lately - bought that DLCs for future gaming. Anyways, I hope you enjoy Oreshika, it's a little gem!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

After my long hiatus, I tried to adjust my list to my new situation. No PS Plus subscription along with a probably broken PS3 Blu Ray laser have narrowed my game collection down quite a bit. I will probably try cleaning the laser soon-ish as kind of a last resort, after all it might just be dirty and not broken after all, but as it stands right now I'm kind of running out of games to play.

I guess for now I'll try finishing up some of the games I can still play and see what the future has coming for me.