Start plat run at beginner or proud?

Hey i'm starting my DDD journey for plat today and wanted to ask the community the right way to go to save time and/or frustration. So the root of this question is trophy Ability Ace. Is it better to start on beginner and then grind for hours on proud to max out all abilities or is it better to do everything on proud? How much of a pain is getting 100% on proud? for example i would never advise getting 100% on kh2 in critical mode as the data replicas are really tedious on critical, but on the other hand I woulndt advise starting KH: BBS on beginner because it's too time-consuming and its better to start on critical to save time. The guide on psnp says to start on beginner but the one on a different competing site says to start it on proud, so i'm having doubts and wanted to hear different experiences.

Link

It depends on your tastes. Starting on beginner will add a 5 hour or so grind at the end for the Ability Ace trophy, but on the other hand you'll be able to plow through the game much quicker so it will likely take roughly the same amount of time overall either way.

However, if you decide not to do proud right away I would recommend playing on Normal, not Beginner. If you play on Beginner, you need to complete 13 in-game challenges to unlock the secret ending (which you need to for plat), some of which are quite grindy. However if you play on Normal, you only need to complete 7 of those challenges, which will likely come naturally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

It depends on your tastes. Starting on beginner will add a 5 hour or so grind at the end for the Ability Ace trophy, but on the other hand you'll be able to plow through the game much quicker so it will likely take roughly the same amount of time overall either way.

However, if you decide not to do proud right away I would recommend playing on Normal, not Beginner. If you play on Beginner, you need to complete 13 in-game challenges to unlock the secret ending (which you need to for plat), some of which are quite grindy. However if you play on Normal, you only need to complete 7 of those challenges, which will likely come naturally.

That's great advice, i did not know that. which route would you take personally then?

You must play on Proud to get the Exp Zero ability for Ability Ace. Unless you don't mind doing two playthrough's I recommend starting on Proud mode. It's not that challenging so you should be able to get through it easily. 

Here's the guide I wrote if you want to use it to help you get the platinum. 

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5675-kingdom-hearts-dream-drop-distance-trophy-guide

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

You must play on Proud to get the Exp Zero ability for Ability Ace. Unless you don't mind doing two playthrough's I recommend starting on Proud mode. It's not that challenging so you should be able to get through it easily. 

Here's the guide I wrote if you want to use it to help you get the platinum. 

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5675-kingdom-hearts-dream-drop-distance-trophy-guide

@linkdevivo Exactly what mate Kent mentioned here, I know the question was ultimately answered but I can't help it when it comes to KH. Always check if our fellow companions wrote a guide to help the community, it helps both sides in the end :)

The game is very doable on proud and I would recommend this difficult, you need exp zero ability and if you decide on normal or the worst beginner, know that you'll must level up all spirits again for their abilities, they all start at level 1, leading you to some unnecessary grind. 

• Like 1