That's a pretty... basic trophy list

It doesn't bother me that much personally. A plat or some more trophies would have been nice but as long as the game is as enjoyable as it looks to be I don't mind. I wonder why they didn't add some trophies for e.g. playing the original version or fulfulling quests with either Wonder Boy or Wonder Girl, though.

9 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

It doesn't bother me that much personally. A plat or some more trophies would have been nice but as long as the game is as enjoyable as it looks to be I don't mind. I wonder why they didn't add some trophies for e.g. playing the original version or fulfulling quests with either Wonder Boy or Wonder Girl, though.

I feel the same. Lately, in fact, I've been favouring simpler trophy lists. But it would be cool to have at least a finish with Wonder Girl trophy and some more imaginative/challenging ones.

1 minute ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

Well, I only play games I like/am interested at, but this is a trophy site, so we do discuss trophies. And this is a lame trophy list. Will it impact my enjoyment of the game? No. Could it be better as a trophy list. Yes.

Absolutely, I wasn't referring to the trophy discussion. I'm not overly fussed either way. I actually lean more toward the simpler lists as I'd prefer more effort put into gameplay.

@Neme-ita asked the question: who cares if the game is good? I was just saying that its very important to me.

4 minutes ago, Rowdi said:

Absolutely, I wasn't referring to the trophy discussion. I'm not overly fussed either way. I actually lean more toward the simpler lists as I'd prefer more effort put into gameplay.

@Neme-ita asked the question: who cares if the game is good? I was just saying that its very important to me.

I interpreted what @Neme-ita said as "who cares [about the trophy list] as long as the game is good" :)

And sure, the game itself always comes first for me. And, as I myself said above, I have so little time on my hands these days that long, grindy trophy lists tend to put me off lately.

Edited by fabmorais_2011
  • Like 1

It is basic indeed. Perhaps overly so, but it'll do. Simple's what I expected, since the original Dragon's Trap wasn't exactly crammed with obvious placements for achievements/trophies, and this is a straight rework. Ultimately, for a quick 'n' succinct game like this, I never expect a Platinum. Same went for Momodora IV, which was excellent regardless, as this should turn out to be. ^^

• Like 1

On 15.4.2017 at 11:41 PM, jimbob12345678 said:

The game supposedly lets you use passwords from the original release on the Master System so I'd imagine you could unlock all trophies with minimal effort in about half an hour! :P

I just started playing this and after noticing where you can get the passwords I also wondered if this e.g. would help for the hard mode playthrough? xD

It's not the problem that it's much harder due to higher enemy health but due to that goddamn time limit, I already disliked it in the original Wonder Boy. :shakefist:

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I just started playing this and after noticing where you can get the passwords I also wondered if this e.g. would help for the hard mode playthrough? xD

It's not the problem that it's much harder due to higher enemy health but due to that goddamn time limit, I already disliked it in the original Wonder Boy. :shakefist:

Yeah unless passwords disable trophies completely then I can't see anyone struggling to get 100% on this game. Then again I haven't played it since the original release so my memory of it is borderline non-existant haha!

• 4 months later...