Thoughts in Trophies

I haven't played it since the 90s, but since I have a vita and PS4 I plan to play it at least twice. I have a feeling I'll need a guide for this though, my mind is not as good with these old adventure games as it was in the 90s.

It looks like a really nice list and a few you have to get out of your way to get, like Day of the Tentacle sort of speak. I'm certain a guide is required for a smooth run with an 1/10 difficulty like Tentacle but I think this might land somewhere around 4-6 without the use of a guide.

It was ages ago I played this game but remember it fondly.

Looking forward to playing this again :D Hopefully the remaster is as good as the others have been. Already have it pre-downloaded on PS4, just waiting for the release date ^^

1 hour ago, NightRusticDawn said:

It looks like a really nice list and a few you have to get out of your way to get, like Day of the Tentacle sort of speak. I'm certain a guide is required for a smooth run with an 1/10 difficulty like Tentacle but I think this might land somewhere around 4-6 without the use of a guide.

It was ages ago I played this game but remember it fondly.

A game that requires a guide for most people to get all trophies should never be 1/10 difficulty in my personal opinion. That should be an automatic 2/10 difficulty (or 1.5 but that's not possible here on PSNP). 1/10 would be something like The Walking Dead where you just play through the story and get all trophies.

• Like 1

Going to do my first playthrough blind, it's one of the few among the LucasArts greats in point and click which I never played so I'm not going to look at the trophies beforehand. I'm counting on a second playthrough for all trophies being manageable in a couple of hours, even without a guid if I have played through it once already. Managed to do everything in Day Of The Tentacle without a guide as well even though I hadn't played that one in at least seven years.

Full Throttle has already downloaded to my PS4, so sad I can't play it tomorrow!

It'll play similar to Grim Fandango i'd imagine, so yeah a 1-2/10 with guide & maybe a 4-5/10 without mainly based on blind & possible multi playthroughs, given the usual dialogue routes you will go down to persue the games end etc.

Looking forward to it.

I played the original game recently, and about 90% of this trophy list is story-related.  A few of those may be technically missable if they left in the option to skip certain minigame/arcade sequences or cutscenes and if skipping them voids the trophy (notably What A Pain Threshold!)

Edited by themindisacity
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, themindisacity said:

I played the original game recently, and about 90% of this trophy list is story-related.  A few of those may be technically missable if they left in the option to skip certain minigame/arcade sequences or cutscenes and if skipping them voids the trophy (notably What A Pain Threshold!)

Thanks for your feedback. I guess you're the one to trust when it comes to Point and Click games. ?

1 hour ago, themindisacity said:

So it is different from Grim Fandango and The Day Of The Tentacle then, which both had a big percentage of missables. Guess I'll see how much I'm missing after the first playthrough.

Edited by BillyHorrible

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017年4月19日 at 7:18 PM, BillyHorrible said:

I just played through the game and I only missed 6 trophies, including the platinum. Seems like 8 of the trophies I obtained were missable, unless you also count the missable ones if you're one of those weirdos who skips the dialogue and cutscenes in a game like this.

i missed 6 trophies i will say don't skip the end credits.