Multiplayer modes for Tomb Raider

Wandererster

http://asia.gamespot...details-6401990

http://www.tombraide...0&postcount=806

3 Game modes

-Team Deathmatch

Lara's allies against the scavengers, there will be destructible enviroments & lever triggering traps. Best of 3 matches and players will alternate sides.

-Rescue

Playing either the survivor or scavenger, Survivor must deliver med-packs to the designated locations while the scavengers must obtain certain kill counts to end the match.

-Cry for Help

No clear details but structures around exploration and collection, no combat involved.

Edited by Wandererster

I believe there was the same uproar about assassin's creed and uncharted but look how that turned out. I see this as a good thing, it's a great way for the series to develop into something more then it currently is. What i'm trying to say is ACTUALLY try it before bitching about it.

• Like 2

I really hope there aren't trophies related to that... to the MP.

I admit, I play the MP in Uncharted but mostly coop. I'm not good in competitive games and don't intend on grinding for MP trophies, I not only don't like but I'm also not good at... :-/

I believe there was the same uproar about assassin's creed and uncharted but look how that turned out. I see this as a good thing, it's a great way for the series to develop into something more then it currently is. What i'm trying to say is ACTUALLY try it before bitching about it.

Assassin's Creed and Uncharted actually innovated with their online gameplay and modes, unlike this game which is obviously ripping off from other titles. Don't get me wrong, the singleplayer portion looks great, but the online just seems like it was tacked on last minute, something that never pays off.

This is something we're going to have to get used to. From a business standpoint, publishers have come to the conclusion that MP increases their units moved. I don't see them changing their perspective. However, I'm not going to let it bother me. I'll try it out and get the necessary trophies. If I don't have fun playing it, I'll leave it at that.

Assassin's Creed and Uncharted actually innovated with their online gameplay and modes, unlike this game which is obviously ripping off from other titles. Don't get me wrong, the singleplayer portion looks great, but the online just seems like it was tacked on last minute, something that never pays off.

Well no, neither assassin's creed or uncharted's mp were that innovative.

Uncharted's mp was just the standard tps. while assassin's creed mp is basically 'the ship' but re-skinned. Don't get me wrong, i enjoyed both the mp of those games. They just didn't bring anything new to table, that hasn't already been done.

Edited by blueyoshi5

You shouldn't be surprised about the game modes, 20 years from now there will still be deathmatch, team deathmatch and capture the flag in every mp, they are staples; I agree most developers don't dare to try anything besides these ones but don't damn the mp just because it does everything all the formers did.

Yes, look how Uncharted 3 multiplayer turned out... a broken mess of modes filled with killfarmers, terrible matchmaking, and lag. Not to mention the 100+ of hours of absurd multiplayer trophies.

As for Assassin's Creed multiplayer, it was a good idea in theory, but since everyone plays it like Call of Duty and just sprints around the map trying for 50 kills, there really is no point. Shockingly, the playlists for the only decent mode (Assassinate) are completely empty because no one wants to play the game the way it was intended.

/rant over

Edited by simula67