Summer 2017 Backlog Challenge

Cyberdimension Neptunia (KR): 30% => 32%

Made it to Quest Rank 4, though I still have to do the two item quests for Rank 3 before that's truly complete. That said, I'm just gonna go for them as I do everything else because the drop rates for the items are absolutely godawful and I imagine there'll be future quests that make me revisit the dungeon anyway.

• Like 1

1. Mass Effect Andromeda (18%)
2. Persona 5 (14% => 17%)
3. Arslan: The Warriors of Legend (18%)
4. Strider (0%)
5. Earthlock: Festival of Magic (0% => 3%)
6. Virginia (0%)
7. Nights of Azure (0%)
8. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments (0%)
9. The Order 1886 (0%)
10. Wheels of Aurelia (35% => :platinum:)
11. Ether One (0%)
12. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (0%)
13. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (0%)
14. The Little Acre (0%)
15. Psychonauts (0%)
16. Alone With You (0%)
17. Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse (0%)
18. Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride (18%)
19. Day of the Tentacle (12%)
20. Axiom Verge (0%)

Finally some proper progress somewhere xD finished of wheels of aurelia can't really recommend it to anybody

Edited by RingUnlimited
  • Like 1

Dishonored coming along nicely though a bit slow dur to collecting every coin for the collectionist trophies. Dipped my finger into Paladins, it seems nice but I don't want to play too much of it yet.
Yomawari: Night Alone - 18%
The Last Guardian - 0%
Dishonored 2 - 15% > 44%
Ray Gigant - 10%
Paladins - 0 > 1%

Progress update:

1. Grim Fandango Remastered...............................100%
  2. Child of Light........................................................100%
  3. Lone Survivor......................................................1%
  4. Oddworld: New n' Tasty.......................................1%
  5. Broken Age..........................................................0%
  6. Transistor............................................................13%
  7. Dead Space.........................................................4%
  8. The Evil Within.....................................................3%
  9. Outlast.................................................................3%
  10. BioShock 2...........................................................0%

Finished Child of Light after starting it more than two years ago, thanks to this challenge. :lol:

• Like 1

On 2017-06-01 at 10:35 AM, cerafinn said:
  • NieR (PS3, 8%)
  • Tales of Xillia (PS3, 8%)
  • Devil May Cry HD (PS3, 1%)
  • Final Fantasy X HD (PS3, 0%)
  • Final Fantasy X-2 HD (PS3, 3%)
  • Valkyria Chronicles (PS4, 0%)
  • World of Final Fantasy (PS4, 14%)
  • LEGO Batman: Beyond Gotham (PS4, 0%)
  • Bloodborne (PS4, 2%)
  • InFamous: Second Son (PS4, 13%)
  • XBlaze Code: Embryo 100%
  • Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (PS Vita, 9%)
  • Atelier Totori Plus (PS Vita, 16%)
  • Trillion: God of Destruction (PS Vita, 15%)
  • Tales of Hearts R (PS Vita, 2%)

Managed to finish one game and get further through InFamous: SS. Not as much progress as I'd hoped, but I did choose some long games to try and clear out of my backlog.

Progress update

PS4
Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (0%)
Digimon World: Next Order (17%)
Gravity Rush 2 (7%)
Never Alone (0%)
Nier Automata (0%)
Nights of Azure (18%)
Puyo Puyo Tetris (0%)
Starwhal (15% -> 25%)

PS3
Anna: Extended Edition (0%)
Closure (23%)
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition (0%)
Okami HD (14%)

Vita
Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault (14%)
Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (2%)
Bastion (0%)
Croixleur Sigma (23%)
Day of the Tentacle Remastered (0%)
History Legends of War: Patton (0%)
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed (57% -> 91%)
Ultratron (0%)

Almost done with Neptunia U, just have to grind out the rest of the Lily ranks, everything else is done. I idled out a gold trophy in Starwhal while I was out of the house this weekend, so that bumped it up 10%.

1. Game of Thrones 0%

2. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 10%

3. The Order: 1886 0%

4. Life is Strange 18% --> 55%

5. Ghost Recon Wildlands 15% --> 16%

6. Watch_Dogs 0%

7. God of War 3 Remastered 0%

8. Wolfenstein: The New Order 0%

9. Fallout 3 3% --> 3%

10. LA Noire 0%

11. Far Cry 3 24%

12. Dead Space 0%

13. God of War 100%

14. God of War 2 0%

15. God of War: Chains of Olympus 0%

16. God of War: Ghost of Sparta 0%

17. Rocketbirds 0%

18. Severed 0%

Played some more Life is Strange recently after taking a break from it because I got a craving for it, finished episodes 2 and 3. I expect to have it completed by Wednesday, I'm finding it enjoyable so far. In Fallout 3 I completed one quest, but I feel like I've hit a dead end because I've got low ammo and I feel way outnumbered in all of my available quests, plus I feel weak (level 5). I was gonna go buy ammo in Megaton but the armory seems to be closed at all hours of the day. I'm finding it difficult to make it to the Museum of Technology to continue on with the main questline so I'll come back around to it within the next few days after I find some strategy (or if anyone is a Fallout 3 pro, help please). Fallout 4 felt much more easy than this in the beginning, in Fallout 3 it kinda thrusts you into the world without too much explanation. Not complaining though, it helps the game feel more intense....but I'm still stuck.

I've been playing too much Killing Floor 2 since it came out on PS+ instead of my backlog games. I can't help it, the thing is fun. I'm a simple man. I get guns and I get to shoot zombies in the head, I play.

tl;dr: I finished more Life is Strange, I suck at Fallout 3, I'm addicted to Killing Floor 2

Edited by lumphy101
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2017 at 11:10 PM, MidnightCJ said:

Platinums:

• Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories (6%)
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (1%)
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD (4%)
  • Dragon Fantasy Book of Ice (4%)
  • Dark Cloud (18%)
  • The Deadly Tower of Monsters (:platinum:)
  • Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (15% -> 27%)

100%:

• The Unfinished Swan (0%) (Not touching ever again)
  • Gone Home: Console Edition (100%)
  • A Boy and His Blob (14%)
  • ABZU (100%)
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2 (52%)

You are all very lucky to see this update: I almost ended up with my brains smeared on my mother's car.

Yeah, I know that sounds morbid, but fate sometimes grabs you by the buttocks and slams her head into your forehead and then you realize that you really shouldn't be a slacker. Me and my parents had just finished Catholic Mass and had bought soda and chips and I was reading my mystery novel... and then in the blink of an eye I found my mom yelling at me to get out and found the airbag deployed. I pulled myself out and learned that I had been in a hit-and-run - some @$$hole had slammed his truck into the back fender TWO INCHES FROM ME! I was lucky there were airbags in the back seat or I might have been lacerated by the window shattering. I've seen all the commercials telling about how kids die from car accidents because their mommy use the smartphone camera on them instead of paying attention to the road, but what I experienced was a bit of a shocker and, when the shock wore off, terror and pain.

Luckily, I survived, but I have bandages all over my back and left shoulder because of the seatbelt ripping into the skin and causing bleeding and I think my left hip is damaged but that's because there is a bit of pain.

Lucky to be alive, I spent all afternoon playing Maplestory and getting back into Pokemon Moon - I actually caught a shiny Alolan Meowth and named him MidniteLouie! :D - and then eventually got some more trophies in Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom. I'm not past the second dungeon but I restarted the game on another file to follow a video walkthrough.

Life is short. Play hard. And never give up hope. (Sorry I got semantic there but being in a life-or-death situation rips off the rose-colored gamer glasses briefly. :( )

Update 2:

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (Vita) - 20%

Assassin's Creed Chronicles (Vita) - 2%

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (Vita) - 2%

The Little Acre (PS4) - 100%

Psychonauts (PS4) - 0%

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Episodes 2 to 5 (PS3) - 0%, 0%, 0% and 0%

Started and completed The Little Acre this weekend. Really enjoyed it - very glad I played through this one.

Nice short 3 hour (or so) platinum with some very funny moments in it. It's a puzzle game, but on a much easier level than most others I've played.

I'd give it a strong 7 out of 10, bordering on an 8.

1. Mass Effect Andromeda (18%)
2. Persona 5 (17%)
3. Arslan: The Warriors of Legend (18%)
4. Strider (0%)
5. Earthlock: Festival of Magic (3% => 4%)
6. Virginia (0%)
7. Nights of Azure (0%)
8. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments (0%)
9. The Order 1886 (0%)
10. Wheels of Aurelia (:platinum:)
11. Ether One (0%)
12. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (0%)
13. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (0%)
14. The Little Acre (0% => :platinum:)
15. Psychonauts (0%)
16. Alone With You (0%)
17. Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse (0%)
18. Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride (18%)
19. Day of the Tentacle (12%)
20. Axiom Verge (0%)

Had a spare hour so decided to platinum The Little Acre again did it in one playthrough this time and still think its a solid game for trophy hunters and point and click adventurers alike xD

Sorry to say it but I'll have to back out of the event. With Invizimals being very disappointing, Spy Chameleon being much harder than expected after reading the threads about it and with my having a lot of other stuff to do these months, I just don't see myself spending that much time on games I'm not that interested in, I'd rather spend my time getting more stuff done in the Assassin's Creed games.

4 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

You are all very lucky to see this update: I almost ended up with my brains smeared on my mother's car.

Yeah, I know that sounds morbid, but fate sometimes grabs you by the buttocks and slams her head into your forehead and then you realize that you really shouldn't be a slacker. Me and my parents had just finished Catholic Mass and had bought soda and chips and I was reading my mystery novel... and then in the blink of an eye I found my mom yelling at me to get out and found the airbag deployed. I pulled myself out and learned that I had been in a hit-and-run - some @$$hole had slammed his truck into the back fender TWO INCHES FROM ME! I was lucky there were airbags in the back seat or I might have been lacerated by the window shattering. I've seen all the commercials telling about how kids die from car accidents because their mommy use the smartphone camera on them instead of paying attention to the road, but what I experienced was a bit of a shocker and, when the shock wore off, terror and pain.

Luckily, I survived, but I have bandages all over my back and left shoulder because of the seatbelt ripping into the skin and causing bleeding and I think my left hip is damaged but that's because there is a bit of pain.

Lucky to be alive, I spent all afternoon playing Maplestory and getting back into Pokemon Moon - I actually caught a shiny Alolan Meowth and named him MidniteLouie! :D - and then eventually got some more trophies in Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom. I'm not past the second dungeon but I restarted the game on another file to follow a video walkthrough.

Life is short. Play hard. And never give up hope. (Sorry I got semantic there but being in a life-or-death situation rips off the rose-colored gamer glasses briefly. :( )

Yeah, bet those digital trophies look really important now...

Good luck with the recovery!

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Sorry to say it but I'll have to back out of the event. With Invizimals being very disappointing, Spy Chameleon being much harder than expected after reading the threads about it and with my having a lot of other stuff to do these months, I just don't see myself spending that much time on games I'm not that interested in, I'd rather spend my time getting more stuff done in the Assassin's Creed games.

Good luck with the recovery!

Thanks, and sorry you dropped out of the event. But then again, I'm sure you're already working on your own backlog in private, you don't need to tell everyone what you are doing. ;)

3 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

Thanks, and sorry you dropped out of the event. But then again, I'm sure you're already working on your own backlog in private, you don't need to tell everyone what you are doing. ;)

I'm actually publicly working on my backlog for a few other events, these being the main two:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/45682-what-the-hell-is-that-still-doing-there-backlog-event/

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/48300-monthly-madness-new-thread/

Since those are for your backlog in general, I figured I could give going for 100% completions a try but naturally that means the games I choose should have been fun enough...

13 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Sorry to hear about this CJ. I was going through a similar thing myself lately, had a dude turn out in front of me & ended up totaling my car, just got a new one last weds., luckily he admitted fault & dealing with progressive insurance (not my provider) was smooth, it still left me to buy a new vehicle & pretty much put a 'reset' on loan status.  On top of that was left a bit sore for a few weeks. But glad to hear you are ok!

Fellow San Antonionian,

Stu

New Update:

1. Star Wars Force Unleashed II (PS3) - 13%

2. Volume (PS4) - 0%

3. Chambara (PS4) - 100%

4. SteinsGate (PS3) - 0%

5. FreezeMe (PS4) - 0% => 100%

6. Lara Croft Go (PS4) - 0%

7. Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions (PS3) - 47% => 82%

Should finish up spider man tonight probably. Just depends on how long the last few challenges take me. Then I'll probably move onto steinsgate see how that is. Might also try and knock out Lara Croft Go, heard it's pretty quick.

I'll be busy on and off Oceanhorn for the Vita (it's only $12.47 if you want to look stacking trophies) until I get the plat for that, then I'll work on some more of the list tomorrow. I'll be busy with Maplestory - the Burning Event ends on the 20th and I made a burning character on every server so I have a lot of grinding to do. :P

Progress Update: 9 (Day 12)

1. Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter 100%
  2. Skylanders: Superchargers 100%
  3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood 0% => 30%
  4. Saints Row: The Third 0%
  5. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood 0%
  6. Dishonored 0%
  7. Bioshock 0%
  8. Murdered: Soul Suspect 0%
  9. The Order: 1886 0%
  10. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture 0%
  11. Telltale's The Walking Dead: A New Frontier 0%
  12. Planet 51: The Game 11%
  13. South Park: Stick of Truth 0%
  14. Telltale's Batman 100%
  15. Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (vita) 13%

No progress updates for a while due to the 24 livestream, it went well managed the full 24 hours and raised some money for a good cause.

Completed supercharges on the date I said in the last update, since then I have started assassins creed brotherhood but not done much else, again due to playing other games in the name of the stream.

Progress update: 9 (Day 12)

1. Telltale's Walking Dead: Season 1 100%
  2. Telltale's Walking Dead: Season 2 0%
  3. Telltale's Walking Dead: Season 3 0%
  4. Deliriant 100%
  5. Never Alone 35%
  6. ALBEDO: Eyes From Outer Space 100%
  7. Ether One 12%
  8. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture 0%
  9. Gravity Rush: Remastered 9%
  10. Infamous: Second Son 14%
  11. Infamous: First Light 30%
  12. Tearaway: Unfolded 4%
  13. The Order: 1886 0% 
  14. Hitman: Go 29%
  15. zombi 26%
  16. The Escapists: The Walking Dead 1%

Not made any progress on any of my challenge games due to the charity livestream mentioned in @jninja79's post however instead I have been working on sherlock  holmes and the devils daughter and have almost got it to 100% completion. Just need to finish the penultimate case and then finish the last one to finish it. Once this is finished I shall most likely be returning to infamous.

Midnight, glad to hear you are (mostly) alright! Traumatizing event. You will be feeling it long after the cuts and bruises heal.

I'm really glad I decided to take part in this challenge. It has been interesting to see what you all think about the games.

So weekend 2 done and I have some success to report. Spent much of the weekend focused on just one Harry Potter trophy. Friendly Rivals. Compare your online ranking on any Challenge with a friend on your friends list. What it does not say is that the leaderboards only track the top 1000 scores in each of the 15 Challenges. Both you and your friend have to be on the top 1000 of the same challenge. When this game was new in 2010, this trophy might not have been too rough, but in 2017 I found it to be plenty tough. Harry Potter -> 35%

Meanwhile I remain stalled by mission 4 of Heavy Fire Afghanistan on Veteran. However, replaying should help with the grinding for number of bullets shot, enemies killed, and breakables broken. HFA -> 67%

• inFAMOUS: First Light 0% - 37%
  • Valiant Hearts: The Great War 19%
  • Xeodrifter 4% - 23%
  • Ether One 3%
  • Grand Theft Auto III 3%
  • Tales From The Boderlands 0% - 100%
  • Oxenfree 0%
  • Broken Age 0%
  • FEZ 23% - 100%
  • Batman: Arkham VR 14%
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture 0% - 100%
  • The Order: 1886 8% - 100%
  • The Unfinished Swan 0%
  • SOMA 5%
  • Psychonauts 1%
Edited by angelgrievous

I apologize to anyone I scared or shocked by saying that my brains had nearly been smeared to a car window in my last update. I doubt that, even if I had smashed against the window, I wouldn't have died. But it would have been a lot worse. Car accidents are no fun.

I will honestly try to work on some trophies from my list tomorrow, but the E3 broadcasts are being a jerk and demanding attention.

• Like 1

@MidnightCJ Nonetheless I hope that you have a speedy recovery even if it wasn't a serious accident.

Update:

inFamousFestival of Blood (5/14) 23% -> (14/14) 100%

Final Fantasy VII (2/32) 2%

Far Cry 3 (3/51) 4%

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (3/36) 4%

Until Dawn (2/19) 5%

Alice: Madness Returns (8/51) 11%

LEGO Marvel Avengers (0/71) 0% -> (4/71) 4%-> (42/71) 56%

I have slowed down quite a bit due to other games (like Tomb Raider:Definitive Edition and The Last of Us Remastered) plus trying to keep up with E3 myself but I think I'm still going at a decent pace. Probably won't be able to do to much this week due to going to Freshman Orientation for college and other stuff that my life is demanding I spend some time getting done asap. As for game wise, I really enjoyed the humor that all Lego games seem to have and Marvel Avengers is no exception. It is definitely the biggest Lego game I have played, I just got done with Manhattan which is the biggest hub area so the rest of the hubs should be done soon. After that I'll finish collecting what I missed in the missions for the game and finish the DLC.

Edited by ZombHunter13