Solid Gold, Baby! Easiest ways?

I really wanna get the Solid Gold, Baby! trophy for GTAV so I'm wondering what missions people would say are the easiest ones to achieve 70 gold medals. I have completed every single mission and strangers and freaks, meaning i have 100% completed it so any mission is available for me to retry

Well, Avoid heists and some longer missions coz they have a lot of requirements to do. Focus on easy/short main story missions and all strangers and freaks missions. They are extra easy and you could get more then a half gold medals from them. Also heists prep missions like stealing cars for The Big One are very easy to get gold in.

Some of them might require having a high player stat. Like where Micheal has to swim out to the Yacht. It's pretty much impossible unless his swimming is up to at least 3 bars I think? So keep a heads up for stuff like that.

Strangers and Freaks. Nearly all of them are basically free golds. The only important stat is indeed stamina, because without max stamina on all three of your characters you will have no chance against that crazy chick.

From the story, heist setup missions are by far the easiest.

You also can play two missions you have to kill Trevor or Michael as Franklin for. These are literally two freebies, because you only need to survive.

If you are done with all of that, you are nearly done with the trophy. Just pick what you like.

Edit: Meh, I should have read the other postings... :) 

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 1 May 2017 at 6:22 PM, Yadilie said:

Some of them might require having a high player stat. Like where Micheal has to swim out to the Yacht. It's pretty much impossible unless his swimming is up to at least 3 bars I think? So keep a heads up for stuff like that.

No it ain't I did it 1st go with 59 seconds, as soon as you dive hold up and just smash the hell out of the x button. I even replayed it twice and it's always 59 seconds must be a glitch even the guide on ps.org got the same time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The suggestion for Strangers and Freaks and Heist setups are solid, you'll get about 60 of your golds just by completing them, and if you don't get them first try, it's easy enough to satisfy the remaining conditions on a subsequent try, as you don't need to meet conditions you already passed.  Technically you could play a mission with 4 requirements 4 times and go for one condition on each try.

Though this is an older thread and the OP probably has the trophy, I wanted to post the following link for anyone who might read this who doesn't have their plat yet - https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/career/checklist (change ps4 to ps3 if you're on that platform)

The social club tracks all completed quests and gives general info on how to meet each condition for Gold.  The checklist is a lifesaver for me as I also have plat on ps3, so I can switch between platforms and check out mission constraints I've yet to play on ps4.  There's a lot of other great info on the social club too, so I'd definitely recommend setting up your account.  You can even track your online players.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2017 at 0:53 PM, catherinealysha said:

I really wanna get the Solid Gold, Baby! trophy for GTAV so I'm wondering what missions people would say are the easiest ones to achieve 70 gold medals. I have completed every single mission and strangers and freaks, meaning i have 100% completed it so any mission is available for me to retry

The thing I'll suggest that nobody has mentioned : you don't need to do every parameter in one go.  So you can replay a mission multiple times and focus on one thing each time if you must (except rampages).  That said, as someone else did mention, I'd suggest most of the Strangers and freaks, and early story missions, or any with a single objective.

20 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

The thing I'll suggest that nobody has mentioned : you don't need to do every parameter in one go.  So you can replay a mission multiple times and focus on one thing each time if you must (except rampages).  That said, as someone else did mention, I'd suggest most of the Strangers and freaks, and early story missions, or any with a single objective.

Quoting just to give more attention. This is the big "secret". Whole thing's a cakewalk when you realize that.