Leaderboards by state in the U.S.

5 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

Who would be the leader of Montana or Idaho LOL

Alaska bro would be the best.

On 5/4/2017 at 11:33 AM, MMDE said:

Just so you know, it doesn't really matter what you want or not, when you access the site, you are giving away your IP address, else the site wouldn't know where to return the data you request. This can be used to locate where you are from, like not just state, but also what city and approximately where in that city. Not your address or name or anything, just a close by ISP central or whatever.

What if someone is using a proxy from another country?

24 minutes ago, MMDE said:

It would depend on the type of proxy you use, but in the case you mean, you'd get that instead then...

Yeah the site pulling your IP address where you are located isn't really accurate especially if you go to his site when you are out of state. Sly should just add a feature where people can put what state they are in then the site can just pull from that to create the leaderboards.

2 hours ago, KRATOS_31090 said:

Yeah the site pulling your IP address where you are located isn't really accurate especially if you go to his site when you are out of state. Sly should just add a feature where people can put what state they are in then the site can just pull from that to create the leaderboards.

Yeah, this was discussed. People could/would just lie. But having them run a script through the site to determine their IP, located through something similar to https://www.iplocation.net/ along with having them select a state, matching that to the country of the account would help partially verify people. If someone is using an unverifiable IP through the script, their IP didn't match the state they selected, or the country of the account doesn't match the IP address, they just wouldn't be accepted into the state ranks.

On 8.5.2017 at 6:20 PM, ScooloV said:

There are 85 subjects in Russia, why not separate them too?)

Spoiler

That would cause quite some drama regarding Crimea. But I'd like to see at least one trophy hunter from Kamchatka. :D

Edited by Gildenmagier

I know of at least two trophy hunters who are higher rank than me in my state.

That's all I'm going to know sadly. Sony would have to track IP addresses coming from various states/regions and this website would have to program codes to enable us to see our ranking based on where we live.