Jurassic Park 4.....Hold Your Breath.....Has A Release Date!

DanielVT

That's right folks! This movie has been in the fables "development hell" for ages, but it seem like progress is finally being made? Are you excited or just feel "meh". Before you respond in the forums, please read the story from IGN ( http://www.ign.com/a...-open-june-2014 )below:

Jurassic Park IV Will Open June 2014

Spielberg will only produce sequel not direct it ... for now?

by Jim Vejvoda

January 11, 2013

Universal announced today that it has slated Jurassic Park IV for a June 13, 2014 release.

Right now it only looks like Steven Spielberg will produce JPIV, although as Variety notes the director's recent postponement of Robopocalypse raises an interesting possibility: "Spielberg has not committed to another film but given that Jurassic Park 4 is now the fast track, its not out of the question that he would step back in the directors chair."

The most recent draft of Jurassic Park IV was scripted by the Rise of the Planet of the Apes duo of Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver.

Regardless of who ends up directing the film, Jurassic Park IV will be shot in 3D.

Jurassic-Park-4-cast.jpg

Edited by DanielVT

Wow I never even knew a 4th film was being planned, be interesting to see how this pans out.

It has been in the works for years. They have gone through script after script and writer after writer. At one time it was scheduled for a holiday 2010 release. The movie never got filmed though.

Sounds like Ghostbusters 3

lol....yeah, EXACTLY like G3!

After Jurassic Park 3, I think I'll pass. Dinos in a city was so.... meh.

Meh....indeed. I still don't know how a T-rex took over an entire ship killed the captain without causing any damage to the hallways of the ship!!!! That's bats-it!

probably gonna be a cheap b movie like titanic 2 for example

No this is official, and Spielberg is behind it one way or another.

I'm not gonna lie...Back in the 90's, I thought the 3d age would be WAY cooler :unsure:

3D sucks and is overrated. :(

• Like 1

Doesn't sound too promising. Generally things that have a long, complicated development process that switches hands many times don't produce the greatest product. Obviously this isn't the case 100% of the time and I hope I;m wrong about it because another Jurassic Park could be very cool.

Parker

Doesn't sound too promising. Generally things that have a long, complicated development process that switches hands many times don't produce the greatest product. Obviously this isn't the case 100% of the time and I hope I;m wrong about it because another Jurassic Park could be very cool.

Parker

Well the video game equivalent would be Duke Nukem Forever. lol In all reality, you are probably right. That does happen more often than not. Let's keep our fingers crossed!