Injustice 2: I am not happy

Stargazer2600

So I just finished Injustice 2 and I have to say I am about 60/40 on the game. The game does a good job with the gear and such. Sort of adds a nice RP element to the game by allowing you to change the stats of characters. The game seems more balanced than the original Injustice and the graphics and sound are top notch for a fighting game from that style. Certain exploits from the prev Injustice are gone and things are more balanced (no more superman laser spamming). The Roster is also bigger and if you want to hear all the praise of the game then there are multiple videos about it. I however want to discuss what no one else is talking about. slight spoilers ahead

Its not really a spoiler so no need for the warning but in the original Injustice comics Scarecrow is dead, killed by Joker for his fear toxin (more on joker in a bit). The game never explains how scarecrow is alive. They never really mention that he died. It's like NR expects us to pretend it never happen. I mean you can come up with theories and what not but in a story, i don't want theories, i want answers. 

Also they changed zsazzes death.

Spoiler

Damien tortured and killed him cause superman had zsaaz kill Alfred and Damien killed zsaaz for that. Thats something they changed in the second game. Why is Damien Robin again instead of nightwing? never explained

Black Canary and Green Arrow

Spoiler

Black Canary was supposed to have died yet they hint that the BC thats there is the one from the other world? not clear but idk, which also makes me wonder why Green Arrow abandon his world. why stay in the world where superman snapped? Its never explained

Joker

Spoiler

I was kinda angry when Joker was announced. Don't get me wrong, i like Joker, i get that he is a popular character, but the Joker is DEAD. So i was not looking forward to seeing how they cheat the mythos and go figure. They justify having him cause Harley has a dream thing with him. Basically its

"hey guys, wanna be that one guy that you fight one time in story mode? here you go, let it fill up a character slot"

I am getting really damn tired that NR can't tell a damn story. You got DC comics on your payroll. people who MAKE STORIES, and you cant follow a damn simple plot? This isnt the first time either, In MK9 Subzero becomes a cyborg, then is killed and becomes undead. In MKX he has his body back and while they do explain how he becomes living, they never explain how he becomes human again. Its lazy writing and i'm actually quite sick of it. That be like The Walking Dead killing off someone and then next season they are back and your just supposed to not question it. 

The DLC is where I really get heated. When i was at Gamestop, i seen a paper that had the 3 Injustice 2 DLC's listed and the price? $40 each.

$40 EACH!!!!!

Thats $120 for all the DLC!!!!! ARE YOU F*****G KIDDING ME NR?!?!

First, you offer Darkseid who is on the damn disc as a preorder bonus (more on that soon) and then your gonna make it worse by raping the consumer with $40 DLC packs? The game doesnt hide that Darkseid is on the disc either, Not only does the computer love to pick him, but in the multiverse there is a event where you can play him for free even though you havent bought him. the power girl, john stewart and reverse flash skins? THOSE ARE ON THE DISC!!!! The shaders? ON THE DISC!!!!

"hey guys, buy my game and if you pre order, we wont lock the content you just bought ;) "

Its like NR studios has become a bastard child of EA now and that sucks cause i used to love them :/. What the game does right, it knocks out of the park but between messed up storytelling and just raping on DLC. I can honestly say this may be my last purchase from NR studios. 

I once said Fuck Konami
now i'm afraid I may have to say Fuck Netherealm

Edited by Stargazer2600
  • Like 3

I love rants.  I especially love good, well thought out, articulate and (at the very least) fairly justified rants.  Well done, sir. *slow claps* On disc dlc.  Especially when they don't hide it.  Gotta love it.  It always comes across as a big FU from the publishers/developers to their customer base.  It's almost like the game industry's version of ransomware. LOL

Just now, KingGuy420 said:

The story complaint is debateable. The books were based on the game, not the other way around. Nothing is forcing them to stay true to the books.

I don't know where you saw that the dlc's were going to be 40$ but that's just not true. The pre order for the first one is on the store right now. It's like 26$ in Canada, which means it's probably around 20$ in the US. That's not to outrageous IMO.

Darkseid I somewhat agree with. But pre order bonus content has been happening for years in tons of games. I got used to it LONG ago.

As i said that was on a paper that the Gamestop clerk left out. was right there on the counter. I know that its been a practice for a while but if your gonna give preorder stuff, DONT MAKE IT ON DISC CONTENT. what happen to getting things like a bust like in duke nukem forever or something cool?

3 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

As i said that was on a paper that the Gamestop clerk left out. was right there on the counter. I know that its been a practice for a while but if your gonna give preorder stuff, DONT MAKE IT ON DISC CONTENT. what happen to getting things like a bust like in duke nukem forever or something cool?

Like I said, I agree with ya about Darkseid. But things like that are a byproduct of the whole "I'll just buy it used in a few months" logic that the community has taken on. Online passes failed so they had to fill that slot with something. They really should've included it with all new copies and not just preorders... But to each their own.

8 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

They're called Collector's Editions...

The Ultimate Edition comes with all three dlc packs and is 40 dollars more than standard.  You may have just read the thing wrong, but the dlc is not 40 a piece.  Not a fan of on disc stuff being cut and handed out as a reward for preordering but I would be more aggravated with NR and the micro transactions they seem to be using more and more.  Buying fatalities was pretty lame but no one was holding a gun to your head.  The fact that all the shaders and alternate costumes have to be bought by hard to obtain in game currency but easy to buy store currency is more annoying.

Also WB can't make a superhero movie without it shitting the bed, you really think they are able to or care to make sure comic and video game lore is consistent?

Edited by Sypher-KoS

14 minutes ago, Sypher-KoS said:

The fact that all the shaders and alternate costumes have to be bought by hard to obtain in game currency but easy to buy store currency is more annoying.

Shaders drop from loot boxes and sometimes randomly after matches. You don't have to spend source crystals on them.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Shaders drop from loot boxes and sometimes randomly after matches. You don't have to spend source crystals on them.

I just mean that they made a special currency so people would have to either grind like crazy or just give them a hundred dollars.  I've opened hundreds of those boxes at this point and I don't have anywhere near the total number of shaders in the game...or that stupid catwoman move.

Edited by Sypher-KoS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stargazer2600 said:

Black Canary and Green Arrow

Hide contents

Black Canary was supposed to have died yet they hint that the BC thats there is the one from the other world? not clear but idk, which also makes me wonder why Green Arrow abandon his world. why stay in the world where superman snapped? Its never explained

Actually....

Spoiler

Black Canary was saved by Doctor Fate who took her to the world where the Injustice 2 Green Arrow is from. Offering her a place to escape the Chaos of her own world and live in peace with that world's Green Arrow and her child. In the end though Black Canary comes back to her own world and the Green Arrow from that world comes with her for two reasons

1.) He is married to Black Canary so he obviously is going with her 

2.) He wants to honor the Green Arrow that died in that world by taking up the cause he died for.

Everything else though you are correct about. I don't like how they ignored major events from the Injustice Prequel Comics like what you mentioned about Zsasz and now they want people to buy the Injustice 2 Prequel Comics to get more invested in the world but it is tough to get invested when you ignore your own rules.

Also yeah, I am going to wait for the game of the year edition of Injustice 2 because I don't want to buy DLC packages and also I missed on Darkseid since he was a pre-order bonus and that makes not want to buy Injustice 2 since I am missing out on having a major character from DC Universe in the game. 

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

Actually....

Hide contents

Black Canary was saved by Doctor Fate who took her to the world where the Injustice 2 Green Arrow is from. Offering her a place to escape the Chaos of her own world and live in peace with that world's Green Arrow and her child. In the end though Black Canary comes back to her own world and the Green Arrow from that world comes with her for two reasons

1.) He is married to Black Canary so he obviously is going with her 

2.) He wants to honor the Green Arrow that died in that world by taking up the cause he died for.

Everything else though you are correct about. I don't like how they ignored major events from the Injustice Prequel Comics like what you mentioned about Zsasz and now they want people to buy the Injustice 2 Prequel Comics to get more invested in the world but it is tough to get invested when you ignore your own rules.

Also yeah, I am going to wait for the game of the year edition of Injustice 2 because I don't want to buy DLC packages and also I missed on Darkseid since he was a pre-order bonus and that makes not want to buy Injustice 2 since I am missing out on having a major character from DC Universe in the game. 

actually, one of the reasons i bought Injustice now was cause i was told there wasnt gonna be a GOTY edition. I know they did it since MK9 but this is also the first time they kinda offered a ultimate edition as a pre order. That being said i was led that due to that, we already got our GOTY version and i didnt wanna risk waiting a year for nothing

1 minute ago, Stargazer2600 said:

actually, one of the reasons i bought Injustice now was cause i was told there wasnt gonna be a GOTY edition. I know they did it since MK9 but this is also the first time they kinda offered a ultimate edition as a pre order. That being said i was led that due to that, we already got our GOTY version and i didnt wanna risk waiting a year for nothing

If that is the cause then.....shit but oh well. Sucks that I am not going to play the game but I am not buying the Ultimate Edition and later wasting more money on 3 DLC Packages (one was confirmed to have Starfire, Red Hood (I cry ;_;) and Sub Zero). I guess I am not going to play Injustice 2 then.

3 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

If that is the cause then.....shit but oh well. Sucks that I am not going to play the game but I am not buying the Ultimate Edition and later wasting more money on 3 DLC Packages (one was confirmed to have Starfire, Red Hood (I cry ;_;) and Sub Zero). I guess I am not going to play Injustice 2 then.

trust me, if i knew then what i know now, i be right with you

4 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

The Ultimate Edition comes with the 3 DLC Packages.

7 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

The Ultimate Edition comes with the 3 DLC Packages.

oh really, does it come with Darkseid? Either way, I don't want to waste a hundred dollars. I rather just buy two games with that money.

11 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

trust me, if i knew then what i know now, i be right with you

Yeah, same reason why I didn't buy Batman Arkham Knight. Which by the way, I don't think they came out with a game of the year version either.

I realize developers do need to entice people to buy games new so they get a cut and even pre-order so they have a little revenue stream to fulfill them until release, but on-disk DLC (as the consensus seems) is complete rubbish. Especially if it is so very obvious what they are locking out is on the disk itself and is flaunted in front of you. I'm now glad I didn't bother with this game yet (or the first for that matter). If I do get it, it'll probably be the inevitable "Game of the Year" edition with everything unlocked from the start as opposed to having bits locked from pre-order and paying more money for character packs.

3 hours ago, Sypher-KoS said:

I just mean that they made a special currency so people would have to either grind like crazy or just give them a hundred dollars.  I've opened hundreds of those boxes at this point and I don't have anywhere near the total number of shaders in the game...or that stupid catwoman move.

To be fair, fighting games are meant to be played over months / years, not a week. Most of them just rely on the gameplay to keep people there for that long. I think it's great one finally figured out a way to keep me earning things throughout most of that time.

Things like this unlockable system, or even SF5's earnable dlc system, are built towards the hardcore fighting game community. Cause those people will actually play enough to earn the stuff...and then some. It's nice to see companies not cater to the casual players and focus on the small sub section of hardcore players.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

To be fair, fighting games are meant to be played over months / years, not a week. Most of them just rely on the gameplay to keep people there for that long. I think it's great one finally figured out a way to keep me earning things throughout most of that time.

Things like this unlockable system, or even SF5's earnable dlc system, are built towards the hardcore fighting game community. Cause those people will actually play enough to earn the stuff...and then some. It's nice to see companies not cater to the casual players and focus on the small sub section of hardcore players.

But the drop for crystals is based on personal xp level and i think some multiverse.  But the amount given is so low that you would need to play a ridiculous length of time to unlock some things.  I've been playing this game non-stop for a week and I had just enough to buy one skin let alone the other 3 they have right now not including my ultimate edition bonus.  SF5 system is also built around you having to play a crazy amount.  I think a character costs like 100,000 and you get 150 per win.  That's a lot of matches.

I don't feel they are catering to hardcore players to extend the life of the game.  That's what the dlc characters and patches are for.  They are charging you a convenience fee if you don't feel like grinding.  The same goes for SF5, yeah you could play all the time and get one character eventually or for just 20 bucks you can get all five now

5 hours ago, Sypher-KoS said:

But the drop for crystals is based on personal xp level and i think some multiverse.  But the amount given is so low that you would need to play a ridiculous length of time to unlock some things.  I've been playing this game non-stop for a week and I had just enough to buy one skin let alone the other 3 they have right now not including my ultimate edition bonus.  SF5 system is also built around you having to play a crazy amount.  I think a character costs like 100,000 and you get 150 per win.  That's a lot of matches.

I don't feel they are catering to hardcore players to extend the life of the game.  That's what the dlc characters and patches are for.  They are charging you a convenience fee if you don't feel like grinding.  The same goes for SF5, yeah you could play all the time and get one character eventually or for just 20 bucks you can get all five now

1. I was more referring to the shaders. You're far from forced to buy them. The skins are definitely a little more grindy but I'm on my way to my 3rd one and I've been playing pretty casually.

2. I didn't say it was to extend the life. I said it was just a nice bonus for people who were there for the extended life anyways.

Those SF #'s aren't quite accurate. Playing the single player modes with the base roster gave you almost the FM you needed to buy all the S1 characters. Then those 6 characters would give you enough FM for the next 2. Not to mention, there's 9 months before S2, worth of daily challenges and whatever obscene amount of matches a hardcore player played in that time, would easily cover stages and skins. Something a hardcore player would be doing anyways. I know tons of people that got all the content for free. Hell, I didn't even really like SF5 and I unlocked about 75% of it and enough saved in case a character I love comes out lol.

Of course they're selling this stuff to try to make $. But they definitely put these systems in place to reward the hardcore players too. They could've just been like every other greedy company and sold it all. It's a win win win for everybody. The company makes more $, the hardcore fans get rewarded, and the casual fans have the option of a shortcut.

• Like 1

I must say that I enjoyed a lot the game, but... Stargazer, you're damn right. The story is full of continuity errors and the DLC theme it's the worse thing of all. The shaders maybe are optional, but the characters are too expensive; 6$ Darkseid? That hurts.

And Brainiac for 6€ it's something I don't like too and have to be addressed. Yes, it's only if you don't play the story, in normal circunstances one player will play it -- but this is done for tournaments, and there it's not fun to encounter you have to pay for a character already in the game.

• Like 1

I am very disappointed with some of the game mechanics. I2 doesn't have a block button like MKX, which makes it extremely difficult to defend against teleport moves especially Supergirl's, which when landed can easily get a high damaging combo with minimal effort. Projectiles are also a big issue in this game. There's a big difference between zoning and spamming and I2 leans towards the latter. The MB roll is a very unreliable countermeasure to zoning as you'll find your opponent having advantage if you mistime the roll. It also seems like some characters can execute a full combo and still have enough advantage on block to using a crouching light attack which is a little ridiculous. Still, I'm having fun with the game when I'm not playing scrubs that want to do nothing but stand on the other end of the screen and spam their projectiles or scrubs that do the most random things.

22 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

I don't know where you saw that the dlc's were going to be 40$ but that's just not true. The pre order for the first one is on the store right now. It's like 26$ in Canada, which means it's probably around 20$ in the US. That's not too outrageous IMO.

When the DLC comes out, if its $20 or lower, ill apologize and fix my argument, but i know what I seen