Dragon's Dogma Main Pawn Tips & Tricks?

SlaveBeastTaka

Hello Everyone

This is game is pretty awesome, but one of things that is kind of a disappointment. Or At least in my opinion. Is the Main pawn or I guess Pawns in general. Im not saying everyone's pawn is  crap or anything. What im trying to say is how do you get your main pain to actually fight in battle. Because sometimes I would play this game, and my main pawn would kind of fight or pretend to fight lol. There was this one pawn I was using when i last played this game. And, OMG this pawn would literally go ape sh!t on any enemy. I cant remember the user on psn that made that pawn. But his username was something something troll. And, his pawn was a girl with blue skin. and she was a Strider. Im pretty sure. That's what I want my main pawn to be like, and im sure you guys do to. Battle wise lol. 

How do you guys make your main pawn and decent in battle. ^ ^ Thanks. 

In short, make them a strider/ranger OR a mage/healer. 

If you want a giant meat shield for distraction (which is pretty much what my pawn does), go with a warrior or its equivalent.

Honestly, I had the magic Bowman as my character. Pawns included @Dragon-Archon's beast of a ranger, a healer, and a meatshield as my own pawn. This worked well for me, but boss battles could drag out a little, though I hardly ever had to use a single potion on anyone.

Though if you want merciless assault on offense, Rangers 100% of the way. No other choice. Mages have good capabilities if they have the weakness of an enemy equipped. Otherwise, they pretty much just stick to healing.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

From what I remember when I played, the best Pawn's are the archers and healers/magic users. I have a healer Pawn named Eva that's level 70 something if you want to use her.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SlaveBeastTaka said:

Hello Everyone

This is game is pretty awesome, but one of things that is kind of a disappointment. Or At least in my opinion. Is the Main pawn or I guess Pawns in general. Im not saying everyone's pawn is  crap or anything. What im trying to say is how do you get your main pain to actually fight in battle. Because sometimes I would play this game, and my main pawn would kind of fight or pretend to fight lol. There was this one pawn I was using when i last played this game. And, OMG this pawn would literally go ape sh!t on any enemy. I cant remember the user on psn that made that pawn. But his username was something something troll. And, his pawn was a girl with blue skin. and she was a Strider. Im pretty sure. That's what I want my main pawn to be like, and im sure you guys do to. Battle wise lol. 

How do you guys make your main pawn and decent in battle. ^ ^ Thanks. 

You need to teach your pawn how to act, which is determined by its behaviour. Check out the tips & strategies section for more info about that.

• Like 1

Inclinations and proper equipment/skills are very important insofar as getting your pawn to act the way you want it to.  Even so, don't expect the moon:  the AI is very clumsy and frequently stupid, probably as to not create situations where the pawns do all the work and the player can sit back in his barcalounger watching the game.

• Like 1