Who is your favourite confidant *Thread will probably contain spoilers*

Breakingthegreen

I've seen the thread for the best ally in battle, but I thought it would also be interesting to find out peoples' opinions on the whole cast is.

You could pick the best confidant on their story, personality, rewards you gain or even a combination of those or other factors I've forgotten.

Personally, my favourite for story is Yoshida the politician. Best for rewards is Yuuki and Kawakami. But my overall favourite is Takemi.

Edited by breakingthegreen
Typo

Kawakami is the most useful when it comes to perks, by a long way, followed by Hifumi and Shinya.

Takemi was my overall favourite and the one I looked forward to hanging out with the most, followed by Sojiro and that pimp hat he rocked so stylishly.

Edited by paranoia_agent85
  • Like 1

Storywise, Iwai and Futaba were really good. Chihaya ended up being a really cool character, pretty underrated.

As for usefulness for the non-party member confidant's bonuses for me:

Must Haves

• Mishima (Exp bonuses)
  • Kawakami (free time in class, will make tools, food/coffee, and laundry, massage to let you do night stuff after going to Mementos or a palace)
  • Hifumi (switch out characters in battle and guaranteed escape)
  • Chihaya (boosts Confidant ranks without wasting a day like Meji Shrine)
  • Sojiro (SP items making it easier to complete palaces in a single day)
  • Shinya (Literally Rank 1 gives you a guaranteed stun move essential for Treasure Demons and enemies without weaknesses)

Nice to Have

• Iwai (modifications on guns are pretty useful)
  • Takemi (Half off medicine and other helpful items
  • Yoshida (Make it easier to negotiate or get more money from enemies)

Useless Why Are You Even a Confidant

• Ohya (Lowers security ranks in palaces after you leave them)

Unless you're going around palaces like this:

giphy.gif

You'll never have your security ranks more than 20%

• Like 4

As far as non party confidants go my favorite storylines were Yoshida, Mishima, Sojiro, and Shinya. Party member wise I'm a fan of Akechi Haru, Yusuke, and Makoto's.

But honestly I feel like you can't really go wrong with any of them, P5 had a very strong group of confidants.

Edited by ShakeNBake663

I enjoyed them all really. I particularly liked Iwai's and Mishima's stories the best. They were the most interesting to me. I also liked helping out Shinya. I liked his noob jacket and his development as a character. I also liked Sojiro's story because it was nice seeing the protagonist and Sojiro bond with each other as a sort of father-son relationship. 

Kawakami is the most beneficial one though. 

Edited by Lilseb93

Yuuki Mishima overall for me

• Really enjoyed his Story 
  • EXP Plus + same EXP for backups
  • Daisuke Sakaguchi

Followed by

Yoshida-san  - Perks + I am really rooting for this guy, did he win the election?

IIRC he mentioned that he didn't but it looks like he did won at some scene in late part of the game

Kawakami Sensei - Perks. It sucks though that consumable items don't carry over in NG+. I have lots of coffee and Curry :|

Edited by JaM

• 3 years later...
On 6/20/2017 at 0:48 AM, JaM said:

Yoshida-san  - Perks + I am really rooting for this guy, did he win the election?

Reveal hidden contents

IIRC he mentioned that he didn't but it looks like he did won at some scene in late part of the game

Nah, Bernie Sanders didn't make it. feelsbad.jpg

On 15/6/2017 at 4:09 PM, Tora Chan said:

Kawakami provides the most useful social link benefit of them all.

About usefulness, pretty much this ^

Also Hifumi and, imo, also Mishima exp based abilities (even if i don't really like the character).

Edited by DeathNyx
  • Like 1