Assassin's Creed Origins Collector's Editions

After what Ubisoft wanted for the Gold Edition of Watch Dogs 2 for mostly cosmetics, season pass (the DLC packs only have a few trophies rather than several) and other additional content I didn't care less for, I'm going to pass on this.

I'll eventually buy this and Far Cry 5 next year, but unless this collection is going to worth a lot of money in years to come I'm not interested.

2 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

In that $800 Collector's Edition must be some kind of ancient treasure or a piece of a pyramid. Either that or Ubisoft's going bananas after the good press conference they had.

Ubi said there will only be 999 worldwide. Still, not like that makes it better!

7 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Tbh I think it's ridiculous. With 3 different statues you'd have to spend over $1000 for them. I did notice that overpriced edition has two different Steelbooks though. 

I've never been into the statues. I've become a sucker lately for Steelbooks lol.

Other way around for me. I'll sell/trade games on once I'm done with them (AC a week after release can be sold for €50 easily, if I want to play it two years later I'll just get it back for €15) so steelbooks don't matter to me but the statuette goes with all the others. From III onwards, I have a statuette of every main line assassin. Still need to buy those Shay and Adéwalé action figures, and an Evie statuette - pissed that we only got Jacob with Syndicate.

7 hours ago, MeteorHawk said:

Well I mean if someone has that much cash to spare for it then it would be mere pennies for them. Doesn't make them an idiot. If they were living off rainwater and cockroaches in order to make rent and pay for it then I'd say they're an idiot. Or just plain demented.

Yeah, if someone has the money to spare and thinks it's worth it, why not. It's less crazy than paying over a thousand dollars to be able to play No Man's Sky a week before everyone else.

4 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

I'm still waiting for AC to get the basic controls tightened up. I figure by the 20th game, they just might find a way to get the damn things right.

Don't know if you've been reading the other AC thread but you're probably getting your wish with Origins as the controls have been given an(other) overhaul. No freerun up/down, no dedicated sprint button... Combined with what's supposed to be a better combat system.

7 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

The $800 I think only has an added steelbook, bigger and different statue, and lithographs? Is that really worth the over $600 price difference from the other 2 with statues? Or even the difference than if you bought both the other statue editions?

It also has a premium eagle amulet. The other Ubi-exclusive edition also has an eagle emulet, but it's not premium.

7 hours ago, ShadowStar83x said:

Kingdoms of Amalur had a $700 CE and Saints Row IV had some really expensive editions. 

Saints Row IV was an insane PR-stunt though with a unique bragging rights package (that was priced higher than if you would buy everything separately).

4 hours ago, Spaz said:

After what Ubisoft wanted for the Gold Edition of Watch Dogs 2 for mostly cosmetics, season pass (the DLC packs only have a few trophies rather than several) and other additional content I didn't care less for, I'm going to pass on this.

I'll eventually buy this and Far Cry 5 next year, but unless this collection is going to worth a lot of money in years to come I'm not interested.

These regular collector's editions will probably not ever be worth more than they're going for now. A price increase after stuff has already been in stores only happens for LEGO and Nintendo.

I'm not ever buying another season pass, unless it's for an episodic game or unless all content has been released already and I think it's worth it. Batman: Arkham Knight has burned me enough with their umptieth Batmobile challenge. I just wanted more story DLC, both more short stories and more villains in the main game.

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'm not ever buying another season pass, unless it's for an episodic game or unless all content has been released already and I think it's worth it. Batman: Arkham Knight has burned me enough with their umptieth Batmobile challenge. I just wanted more story DLC, both more short stories and more villains in the main game.

Those challenges are easy. The community challenges on the other hand aren't. But you probably aren't going to bother with those anyway so yeah.

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

Those challenges are easy. The community challenges on the other hand aren't. But you probably aren't going to bother with those anyway so yeah.

Nah, I'm not talking about difficulty, I'm just talking about what would have been fun to play for me. For the AC series, of the DLC I'm only ever interested in the story packs. I bought an AC season pass exactly once - for AC III, last year, on a sale, and only because it was onle €0,02 more expensive than buying the three story packs separately. This way, I had to do a bit of extra multiplayer stuff but at least I now also have those trophy-less pre-order missions (two out of three I already had on X360... Still annoyed with Ubi for not creating a collector's edition with all three missions, and then putting the three on XBL in a pack instead of separately). That was worth the €0,02 for me. With all the others, I just bought the story DLC (and for Black Flag, not even that as I already bought the Freedom Cry standalone when I did not have Black Flag).

Just now, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

For some reason I am detecting slight sarcasm...?

I noticed the amulet, but based on the image it looks exactly the same.

Yeah, "slight".

I don't see a difference in the image either. I do hope it's actually different though and not a fuck-up by the people creating those images.

Just noticed by the way, that big statuette is over 70cm tall... Damn. If that version had been €200 or €250 or so, I might have been very interested indeed.

4 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah, "slight".

I don't see a difference in the image either. I do hope it's actually different though and not a fuck-up by the people creating those images.

Just noticed by the way, that big statuette is over 70cm tall... Damn. If that version had been €200 or €250 or so, I might have been very interested indeed.

lol maybe it'll be made of metal instead of plastic. ? 

I'm betting they tried adding some fancy words in there to get people.

2 hours ago, Torracat83 said:

The legendary edition is sold out for the US. :o I guess there were people crazy enough to get it!

Yo tell me about it, when I jokingly went to check, it said 7 left on the site and when I actually put it in the cart, it said sold out hahaha. I was like wth xD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Torracat83 said:

The legendary edition is sold out for the US. :o I guess there were people crazy enough to get it!

1 hour ago, syumisan said:

Yo tell me about it, when I jokingly went to check, it said 7 left on the site and when I actually put it in the cart, it said sold out hahaha. I was like wth xD

The question now is, how many of those people are actual fans and how many are scalpers expecting it to go up in value?

9 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

The question now is, how many of those people are actual fans and how many are scalpers expecting it to go up in value?

Word, I never thought of it that way hahaha. Maybe none at all because "real fans", in quote case of personal opinion, might not even need that lol Or REAL DIE HARD FANS. Who knows :)

Hell if there was a $800 Dynasty Warrior Collecter's Edition I wouldn't even buy it because of the sheer price of it. (I AM A DIE HARD FAN OF THE FRANCHISE BTW)

Edited by syumisan

3 minutes ago, syumisan said:

Word, I never thought of it that way hahaha. Maybe none at all because "real fans", in quote case of personal opinion, might not even need that lol Or REAL DIE HARD FANS. Who knows :)

Hell if there was a $800 Dynasty Warrior Collecter's Edition I wouldn't even buy it because of the sheer price of it. (I AM A DIE HARD FAN OF THE FRANCHISE BTW)

Mèh, if I had enough money lying around I would think about an AC insane edition, I don't have enough lying around though so I'd rather go on a holiday with my wife for that kind of money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Mèh, if I had enough money lying around I would think about an AC insane edition, I don't have enough lying around though so I'd rather go on a holiday with my wife for that kind of money.

Hahaha Of course! Keeping a Honey happy is a good thing huh? :)

Or she might kick your butt for buying something like that, JUST KIDDING :P

The price of the biggest CE may be a bit over the top at first but when you compare it to other large-scale figures it's not that expensive. AFAIK the figure is made of resin and those are always a bit more pricey. E.g. this one here:

http://gear.blizzard.com/index.php/grommash-hellscream-statue/ (found via: http://www.happyworker.com/work/blizzard-grommash-hellscream-statue)

About two third the size (45cm vs 70cm) and also about two third of the price (if you exclude everything else from the Dawn of the Creed-edition). So it sounds somehow reasonable. And in Europe you can get it for 640 EUR as Ubisoft is holding a E3-promotion in their own store with either 10% or 20% off. So price seems totally fine overall. :dunno:

Just now, syumisan said:

Hahaha Of course! Keeping a Honey happy is a good thing huh? :)

Or she might kick your butt for buying something like that, JUST KIDDING :P

Keeping HER happy? What about ME? I am the one who wants to go on holidays here, she's just coming along for the ride xD

She doesn't mind me buying stuff for myself as long as it's my money, and I pay enough to support us both while she has a parttime study anyway.Usually that money goes into games or LEGO sets.

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

Keeping HER happy? What about ME? I am the one who wants to go on holidays here, she's just coming along for the ride xD

She doesn't mind me buying stuff for myself as long as it's my money, and I pay enough to support us both while she has a parttime study anyway.Usually that money goes into games or LEGO sets.

You know I was kidding. Happiness belongs to both people that show it. I try to do the same with my other half, not married yet hahaha. But do the same, just balance money and taking care of our daughter :). Yes, I noticed a lot of people on this site are parents like myself :)

2 minutes ago, syumisan said:

You know I was kidding. Happiness belongs to both people that show it. I try to do the same with my other half, not married yet hahaha. But do the same, just balance money and taking care of our daughter :). Yes, I noticed a lot of people on this site are parents like myself :)

We're not parents (as far as I know)... We have a dog though and we treat him like a full member of the family, guess that counts.

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

We're not parents (as far as I know)... We have a dog though and we treat him like a full member of the family, guess that counts.

Of course, you want to add that, then I have 3 children. 2 girls and 1 boy(I have two cats) lol

11 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Same here, I just need to add Shay, Adéwalé, Aveline, Evie and Aguilar at some point :)

At the moment I have the master of the seas Edward statue, Ezio bust and an ezio leap of faith :) I'm trying to find the Frye twins next as they both look awesome together :) and probably will pick up the Connor bust at some point :D

3 minutes ago, Razza said:

At the moment I have the master of the seas Edward statue, Ezio bust and an ezio leap of faith :) I'm trying to find the Frye twins next as they both look awesome together :) and probably will pick up the Connor bust at some point :D

I've got a collector's edition of every game since III (started with the first AC game around or just after Revelations was released) so those are covered, and I bought the black clothed version of AC II Ezio. So I have Jacob of Syndicate but I don't really like him so I really want Evie as well.