Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch General Discussion

Hi fellow gamer's. I stumbled upon this game while searching for RPG's in the PSN store so I downloaded the demo to give it a try. omg, this game is fantastic. It's not the usual type of games I play but this is the exception. Ordered it from Amazon and can't wait to get my hands on it. An utter gem

You will love it :)

I'm having trouble on the main quest (no I haven't finished yet). ... I'll try to be spoiler sensitive...I'm in the "M**s*a M*r***s". My main heroes are lv 40. Is this high enough? If not, where can I go to grind up a bit? I just keep getting destroyed. I love the game but the combat can certainly be a nightmare sometimes.

I'm having trouble on the main quest (no I haven't finished yet). ... I'll try to be spoiler sensitive...I'm in the "M**s*a M*r***s". My main heroes are lv 40. Is this high enough? If not, where can I go to grind up a bit? I just keep getting destroyed. I love the game but the combat can certainly be a nightmare sometimes.

I think that I was actually about lv 55 by then.  The best place for you to grind in the entire game is actually Billy Goats Bluff just outside of the closest town to where you are (starts with a P, but I cannot remember exactly).  You can walk from one end to the other looking for Tokotoko (a dark green guy with a brown stave).  If you don't see him, cast Gateway at the end, and then do it again.  That being said, I also recommend you do all the side quests and bounty hunts you can, as they are decent experience and good items.  The stamps also help out a lot too.

• Like 1

the area before that has a rare familiar that spawns... when you kill it, it will drop about 9,000 xp... this will level you up a bit... i think i was about level 60 when i got to where you are now because i just grinded the heck out of the little rare familiar (its a Toki-something)... green with a spear...

by the time i beat the game i had everyone maxed out...

EDIT:  Bee just posted before me... I agree with what he wrote

Edited by piggie_pie

I think that I was actually about lv 55 by then.  The best place for you to grind in the entire game is actually Billy Goats Bluff just outside of the closest town to where you are (starts with a P, but I cannot remember exactly).  You can walk from one end to the other looking for Tokotoko (a dark green guy with a brown stave).  If you don't see him, cast Gateway at the end, and then do it again.  That being said, I also recommend you do all the side quests and bounty hunts you can, as they are decent experience and good items.  The stamps also help out a lot too.

the area before that has a rare familiar that spawns... when you kill it, it will drop about 9,000 xp... this will level you up a bit... i think i was about level 60 when i got to where you are now because i just grinded the heck out of the little rare familiar (its a Toki-something)... green with a spear...

by the time i beat the game i had everyone maxed out...

EDIT:  Bee just posted before me... I agree with what he wrote

Thanks guys, I'll give it a go now. Oh, and Bee, the town you were thinking of is Perdita. I've also done all Bounty hunts that are currently available to me, and I've got just a few more errands to do. Edited by ShadowGandalf

• 3 months later...

The game was released today and so far I've put about two hours into it and I absolutely adore it. The art style is breathtaking in some areas and the story itself seems to be very good and I'm sure it will only get better as the game progresses. The battle system will still take some getting used to on my part but so far I like the familiars concept and look forward to mastering the battle system. I'm welcome to all tips as well, as I'm not a huge JRPG guy so if anyone has any tips or tricks on how to better master the battle system I'm all ears. I need to figure out when to use my familiars and when to use Oliver. I suppose all that comes with time though.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW!

So far in the story I've just beat the Guardian and I'm in Ding Dong Dell. I just got the Traveler's clothes and I'm about to meet the Cat king. Both Oliver and my Familiar (Mitey) are at level 6.

So, what do you guys think of the game so far? I love it and see myself spending many hours with it. It's kept me from GT5 all day and hopefully the wife will allow me some more playing tomorrow instead of wanting to watch Netflix with me.

Parker

So I already had posted a trophy question in here and didn't make time to read this initial post so I want to redeem myself now!

Ni No Kuni is a priority for me at the moment as I'm trying to platinum this game which will also be my first platinum. I am into it about 71 hours and I still have not finished the main storyline. I have taken my time and done a lot of the optional errands and bounties as well as farm XP and guilders and I've enjoyed every moment so far. I don't need to do all of these things prior to beating the game I am well aware of this yet I find myself taking my time because the game has so much more to offer and I am trying to do as much as possible before I experience the ending and go back to mop up. Currently my party levels are between levels 67 and 70 and I plan to max them out. For those who have played the game, to give you an idea where I'm at without any true spoilers, I just restored faith to the 3 kingdoms so pretty close to the end. I am seriously considering maxing my party before I finish the game.

So far - The story is very well written, the characters have depth and every character you meet has a back story and some history. It is very engaging. Even the Antagonist has a sympathetic background and you easily find yourself realizing why he became who he is and all of a sudden empathy sets in. I am a huge FF fan and I have to say for me personally, I can't think of any in the series that I've played (7,8,9,10-which I love,13,13-2) that I felt had a better story than Ni No Kuni and trust me that is not said lightly.

Anyways - for anyone who is thinking about trying this game out, you will not be disappointed, it is truly a masterpiece.

*On a side note - I have looked for a "reviews" area and don't see one. It would be nice to have this feature where gamers can review/rate games. I've written a couple of reviews in the past on the 360 site and think having that option on PSNP would be very cool. I definitely want to write a review for this game when I complete it and will post it here.