That Other, Other Platinum Race, that's also rather misleading

Who will be Ruler of Rarities, Trophy Triumphant and Champion Collector?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Ruler of Rarities, Trophy Triumphant and Champion Collector?

• Mesopithicus
    • Edunstar84
    • Psy-Tychist
    • Is there someone else who should be here?

1 minute ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Mesopithecus I've had gluts of playing for trophies and then nothing for days on end. I can't seem to keep focus on anything at the moment.

If I was able to just do all my available VR trophies I would have 794 points, which sounds great.

Are you still going with Slain?  That one didn't seem so bad, I saw the guide gave it a pretty low difficulty rating 

Just now, Mesopithecus said:

Are you still going with Slain?  That one didn't seem so bad, I saw the guide gave it a pretty low difficulty rating 

Yes, but for some reason the save scumming wasn't working, so I will finish off the game normally and then retry the save scumming for completing the game without dying.

I may just have been doing it all wrong, who knows.

What would you recommend out of the 72 UR Plats I have available?

2 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Yes, but for some reason the save scumming wasn't working, so I will finish off the game normally and then retry the save scumming for completing the game without dying.

I may just have been doing it all wrong, who knows.

What would you recommend out of the 72 UR Plats I have available?

RAGE is a pretty easy platinum, and fun too.  You can use a guide so that you don't miss collectibles.  There is some online but it's a game that's on my radar to re-play so I can always help with that if you haven't already done it.

Metro: Last Light is a game that I hear nothing but good things about and doesn't take too long to complete from what I understand (less than 25 hours)

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood if you can get into a good boosting session, as it looks like all you need to do is the online

Rogue Legacy is an extremely fun game and you can back up your save to the cloud to make some of it easier (namely beating the game in 15 or less deaths)

Oddworld New n Tasty doesn't seem like it would be too difficult

Super Time Force Ultra 

Titan Souls is another one you can use the cloud trick for

Nom Nom Galaxy is rated a 3/10 on difficulty, just need to find people to help with the online

SingStar is also pretty easy, just a bit time consuming

There's a few ideas for you, just based off some of my previous experiences or other recommendations I've received :)

Hey don't worry about it. Can't seem to concentrate myself after my family left. I also had my first interview in years (in another language). Will try to get back on Star Ocean this week. It's just too bad that most, if not all, of my VR/UR games tend to be JRPGs, which are super long. Anyway, I have my personal goals, and I hope to get there next year.

Still having fun! There's no way I would have been able to stick with Mugen Souls Z and Star Ocean 5 for as long as I have been playing. It's definitely motivating being in this event.

• Like 1

Loving Stardew Valley at the moment and highly recommend it :D

Picked up another UR and a VR earlier this evening

35Sc4ac7d.png  Joja Co. Member of the Year (6.06%)

7S67cd18.png  A Complete Collection (2.51%)

Hopefully going to make more progress tomorrow, I need to figure out how to get good at the fishing as I suck right now.

• Like 1

As August is coming to a close (baking hot that it is where I am), let us see what has been happening in our Medley of Rarity.

OK, some updates:

Mesopithicus

2175 Total Trophies - 2441 Total Trophies

15UR Trophies = 0.69% of all trophies earned --> 91 = 3.72%

42VR Trophies = 1.93% of all trophies earned --> 69 = 2.83%

Edunstar84

2458 Total Trophies - 2552 Total Trophies

27UR Trophies = 1.10% of all trophies earned --> 30 = 1.18%

108VR Trophies = 4.39% of all trophies earned --> 112 = 4.39%

Psy-Tychist

7634 Total Trophies - 7958 Total Trophies

12UR Trophies = 0.16% of all trophies earned --> 12 = 0.15%

93VR Trophies = 1.21% of all trophies earned --> 101 = 1.27%

I've just been getting rid of the cheap and easy games on my profile and playing for fun at the moment.

I have Slain on the back burner and finishing Neon Chrome to finish too.

Edited by Psy-Tychist
  • Like 2

Thanks for the update @Psy-Tychist :)

Had a pretty good month with a couple of ultra rare plats; chipping away at Stardew Valley at the moment and loving it so hopefully will have that platinum under my belt before too long.  Also planning on starting a couple of other things this week, might actually pass 200 points and 100 URs before the month is out.

• Like 1

Threw everything else on the ground and having a great time playing The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2. I played the first one back in January, and I've been waiting to play it since. Well, I had the US version and needed to buy it on Amazon US, so had to wait for my family to bring it over.

My one regret is that I didn't write down my best four players in the last game and what equipment they had. I've been struggling a little bit with strategy. 

• 3 weeks later...

So a llttle update:

Finished the first playthrough of Cold Steel 2. It was epic! If you like to read and a huge fan of old-fashioned JRPGs, then I recommend the game! They're regularly on sale and the third one hasn't been localized yet, so you guys have some time to think about getting it. 

Also, I do need a little break from it. I was wondering if anyone has played Unravel? From what I hear it's difficulty is based on a player's experience with platforming games. For me, I'm under-average at best, but I could get better at it. I just don't want to be frustrated. Can't think of an easy game I have right now other than that.

14 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

So a llttle update:

Finished the first playthrough of Cold Steel 2. It was epic! If you like to read and a huge fan of old-fashioned JRPGs, then I recommend the game! They're regularly on sale and the third one hasn't been localized yet, so you guys have some time to think about getting it. 

Also, I do need a little break from it. I was wondering if anyone has played Unravel? From what I hear it's difficulty is based on a player's experience with platforming games. For me, I'm under-average at best, but I could get better at it. I just don't want to be frustrated. Can't think of an easy game I have right now other than that.

The Cold Steel games sound like something I'd enjoy so want to (eventually) check them out.

Unravel is really good - from a platforming perspective I'd say it was easier than LittleBigPlanet.  The no death runs of levels are challenging but definitely doable, platforming games are one of my weakest genres and I managed to get through it OK :)  It's a wonderful game though so I hope you enjoy it.

I've earned 0 UR/VR this month due to taking part in the THTL (Trophy Hunting Team League)  Mainly been playing my sub 10 hour common games, can't wait to get back to something more challenging in October.  Got a month PS+ on my old account to access some of the games I once had on there and seems I have a plethora of UR titles to choose from :D

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

The Cold Steel games sound like something I'd enjoy so want to (eventually) check them out.

Unravel is really good - from a platforming perspective I'd say it was easier than LittleBigPlanet.  The no death runs of levels are challenging but definitely doable, platforming games are one of my weakest genres and I managed to get through it OK :)  It's a wonderful game though so I hope you enjoy it.

I've earned 0 UR/VR this month due to taking part in the THTL (Trophy Hunting Team League)  Mainly been playing my sub 10 hour common games, can't wait to get back to something more challenging in October.  Got a month PS+ on my old account to access some of the games I once had on there and seems I have a plethora of UR titles to choose from :D

You have Terraria, right? Do you @Psy-Tychist? Because I think I still have my Terraria save and my high-powered equipment plus more. Don't know what you'll be playing in October, but I can give equips to anyone who wants it. I think I still have space on my memory card to re-download the game.

16 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

You have Terraria, right? Do you @Psy-Tychist? Because I think I still have my Terraria save and my high-powered equipment plus more. Don't know what you'll be playing in October, but I can give equips to anyone who wants it. I think I still have space on my memory card to re-download the game.

Yea, I have the PS4 version of it and it's on my weeblympics list :)  Want to do some UR trophies in October but would like to finish Stardew before starting Terraria

A new update (cos it's important to destroy my ego):

Mesopithicus

2175 Total Trophies - 3029 Total Trophies

15UR Trophies = 0.69% of all trophies earned --> 91 = 3.00%

42VR Trophies = 1.93% of all trophies earned --> 75 = 2.48%

Edunstar84

2458 Total Trophies - 2646 Total Trophies

27UR Trophies = 1.10% of all trophies earned --> 30 = 1.13%

108VR Trophies = 4.39% of all trophies earned --> 112 = 4.23%

Psy-Tychist

7634 Total Trophies - 8157 Total Trophies

12UR Trophies = 0.16% of all trophies earned --> 12 = 0.15%

93VR Trophies = 1.21% of all trophies earned --> 105 = 1.29%

I have added to my VR with a trophy in Tomb Raider (which I last played in 2013). Looking into finishing old games to boost my personal count (I can't keep adding new games for the hell of it).

@Mesopithecus adding 10 new VR trophies to the total. What's most impressive is that the count is up 500 trophies + since the last update (crazy amount of trophies).

Congrats @Edunstar84 for finishing Trails of Cold Steel II, just a pain that they are Rare trophies otherwise they'd bring a nice haul of points.

I don't own Terraria, though I should have picked it up on sale. Will look into it. 

I'm having a hard time sticking to games at the moment, struggling with external issues.

Are there any PS+ games that we can all try for UR/VR trophies??

12 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Are there any PS+ games that we can all try for UR/VR trophies??

The joy of 500+ trophies comes from the Team League, been going hard on that and I'm not finished yet ;)

There are quite a few PS+ games with UR/VR trophies, I think most of my lists I've posted are mainly PS+ games

I don't have PS+ and won't get it for the time being, even though it's a great deal. :(  Cold Steel 2 is a great game. I thought the trophies would be rarer, but it has such a solid fanbase that anyone who got the game would most likely plat it. 

It looks like I won't be continuing on Star Ocean 5 for a few weeks, maybe even a month. I want to plat Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair and Dragon Quest Builders first, the former for an event in October, and the latter because I'd like to trade it in for Ni No Kuni II.

UR platinum #5 of the event - LittleBigPlanet 3

1L8dfde9.png

Rarity: 2.59%

Just have the DLC to finish up for this, but it's definitely the easiest out of all of the LBP3 games.  The story mode took less than a day to do both in co-op and acing all the levels.  I do feel as though it pales in comparison to the other LBP games.  I should get a couple more UR/VR trophies out of the DLC too.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

@Mesopithecus - you have Hot Shots Golf/Everybody's Golf, right? Just had a look through the forums and just read that the plat will be unobtainable this December. They're shutting down the online, luckily there's only 1 trophy tied to it, and it's easy to get.

Yea, I think I put it on my weeblympics list too.  Sucks the online is shutting down but as it's only one trophy it should be quick and easy (unlike the rest of the game) 

• Like 1