That Other, Other Platinum Race, that's also rather misleading

Who will be Ruler of Rarities, Trophy Triumphant and Champion Collector?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Ruler of Rarities, Trophy Triumphant and Champion Collector?

• Mesopithicus
    • Edunstar84
    • Psy-Tychist
    • Is there someone else who should be here?

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

Sneaky, sneaky @Psy-Tychist :ninja:

Don't be keeping those new URs from Race the Sun quiet, come and brag about it.  I think you've earned it! :D

Also....congrats!

I was trying to do it legit, but the Void Glitch is far too tempting. 

It's nice to get on the board, still a long way to go.

And thank you for the congrats.

Some good progress for @Edunstar84 too, getting close to the UR Plat.

I also have one vote, thats also positive.

Edited by Psy-Tychist
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I was trying to do it legit, but the Void Glitch is far too tempting. 

It's nice to get on the board, still a long way to go.

And thank you for the congrats.

Some good progress for @Edunstar84 too, getting close to the UR Plat.

I also have one vote, thats also positive.

Seriously, I'm pleased for you :)

A journey to 1,000 URs begins with one step :D

On my second playthrough in Fallen Legion. Everything carries over except gems - they are sort of like powerups, but it's possible to earn them very early on in NG+. Blasting through the areas because of this. I'm off tomorrow and Thursday, so will try to get to Act 3 and then finish the game again. The game requires 3 playthroughs...at least.  

I completed Fallen Legion: Sins of an Empire! A whopping 31 points. It only took 3 playthroughs, but I think I got really lucky. I've read people going on their 5th playthrough, which is what I expected since there isn't much info out there. Was going to write a guide, but I don't have much info regarding possibly half the trophies. 

Now I need a couple of days break. Don't know what I'll play next. I should really get on with Star Ocean 5. I only have a few weeks of grind to plat it, but again I'm kind of dragging my feet.

• Like 2

Congrats @Edunstar84, first UR Plat of this year and your fourth overall.

Looking to match it this year ;)

Also, I did purchase Terraria on PS4  when it was on sale, any tips for getting through it?

Mesopithicus

2175 Total Trophies - 3335 Total Trophies

15UR Trophies = 0.69% of all trophies earned --> 111 = 3.33%

42VR Trophies = 1.93% of all trophies earned --> 101 = 3.03%

Edunstar84

2458 Total Trophies - 2811 Total Trophies

27UR Trophies = 1.10% of all trophies earned --> 40 = 1.42%

108VR Trophies = 4.39% of all trophies earned --> 122 = 4.34%

Psy-Tychist

7634 Total Trophies - 8483 Total Trophies

12UR Trophies = 0.16% of all trophies earned --> 16 = 0.19%

93VR Trophies = 1.21% of all trophies earned --> 109 = 1.28%

A little update in the stats also, considering some good progress made.

@Mesopithecus, hope you feel better soon.

• Like 2

If you can find YuriG (I think he's at Discord), he can pretty much carry you through in Terraria. If that fails, I think I have some items I can gift to you. They're pretty OP. Though I just downloaded a game that I'll start today, so it might be a couple of weeks before I can give them to you. It's the Vita version of the PS4 game I just platted.

Other than that, I don't really have any tips -  maybe do a back-up save often...

@Mesopithecus - Hope you're feeling better. I didn't know you were feeling unwell. Playing the Vita version of Fallen Legion, and I have to say it's much more difficult. Not because the battle system changed or anything, it's because there's extreme, especially with magic casters. It's really hard to defend. I've been stuck on the same stage for half an hour - it really shouldn't take this long.

Thank you both for the well wishes, have suspected food poisoning so been really sick the past few days and still not 100%

Congrats on the platinum and UR's @Edunstar84 :)  That's awesome progress.  Sorry to hear about the issues with Flames of Rebellion though, I did hear it's getting a PS4 port in December so it might fix some of the issues the Vita has http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/11/09/fallen-legion-flames-of-rebellion-ps4-port-out-in-december/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

Thank you both for the well wishes, have suspected food poisoning so been really sick the past few days and still not 100%

Congrats on the platinum and UR's @Edunstar84 :)  That's awesome progress.  Sorry to hear about the issues with Flames of Rebellion though, I did hear it's getting a PS4 port in December so it might fix some of the issues the Vita has http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/11/09/fallen-legion-flames-of-rebellion-ps4-port-out-in-december/

WTF?! Now I wish I waited a couple of months. In any case, I hope they do fix it. I've gotten a bit further, and I really believe the boss battles are harder. Plus, Laender's magic abilities is worse than Cecille  (the other game's protagonist). 

-----

Just had a quick read through the article, and it seems I'll be able to get the game free. Now I'm more eager to finish the game. I've been writing notes so far. I guess I'll keep them. The review is very correct. The story in this game is more interesting, but it's held back by the lag. Had to give up on the last boss fight. It was a bit much for me. I'll try again tomorrow. I might have to go back a few areas and grind some better gems (equipment). It may be that I was lucky in the PS4 version and got better gems.

6 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

@Mesopithecus - Sweet games you got there for your birthday! Been thinking about going back in to The Sims. Will most likely get it on sale though.

Thanks, I've apparently got Cyberdimension Neptunia and Blue Reflection on the way too but they didn't arrive in time.  Rather than choose one or two games off the wishlist, my husband just bought them all so will be busy for a few hundred hours.

I love the Sims and will hopefully start Sims 4 soon, I did read about some saving issues so might wait until those are resolved.

• Like 1

I should be finishing my second playthrough about time now in Fallen Legion - vita. The operative word being "should". I tried defeating the last boss numerous times, and I finally managed it. So me being me, I exited out the game to save on my PC. I fire up the game again, and I'm right at the area before the boss. Word cannot express how I'm feeling right now. 

I'll try again and make sure I don't exit out the game. If I can't do it again, I'm going to take a break and play another game. Something more fun and that works.

6 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I should be finishing my second playthrough about time now in Fallen Legion - vita. The operative word being "should". I tried defeating the last boss numerous times, and I finally managed it. So me being me, I exited out the game to save on my PC. I fire up the game again, and I'm right at the area before the boss. Word cannot express how I'm feeling right now. 

I'll try again and make sure I don't exit out the game. If I can't do it again, I'm going to take a break and play another game. Something more fun and that works.

Ah that sounds frustrating, hope you've managed to sort it out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Ah that sounds frustrating, hope you've managed to sort it out.

Thanks. It's okay now - for the most part. I missed a few trophies because I made the wrong choices, and I feel it's going to be a chore to get them. Unfortunately, there isn't any info on how to get them. I have a slight idea how. Someone was nice enough to point me in the right direction, but other than that, I have nothing to go on.

Wow! It seems like I've been gone forever. I haven't touched Fallen Legion since Saturday. I've been busy all week, and I hope to get some playing time tomorrow because I'll be busy Friday, plus Saturday & Sunday. I also haven't fired up my PS3 in a while and totally forgot I started a game months ago. So will have to finish that one, too. 

How are you guys doing?

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Wow! It seems like I've been gone forever. I haven't touched Fallen Legion since Saturday. I've been busy all week, and I hope to get some playing time tomorrow because I'll be busy Friday, plus Saturday & Sunday. I also haven't fired up my PS3 in a while and totally forgot I started a game months ago. So will have to finish that one, too. 

How are you guys doing?

I'm having a slow month, been really busy with some real life stuff so not had as much time to play.  I did finish Nier Automata (which doesn't count here as it's an Uncommon) but I loved it nonetheless.  Currently playing Mary Skelter which I'm liking so far, it's definitely less daunting than MeiQ that's for sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

How are you guys doing?

Not felt like gaming much recently, been looking to vanquish my backlog mostly (I know that you both don't have much backlog on your profiles). 

Slain, Tomb Raider and King's Quest are on my agenda currently, still slow going. Maybe Atelier Rorona...

Mesopithicus

2175 Total Trophies - 3390 Total Trophies

15UR Trophies = 0.69% of all trophies earned --> 108 = 3.19%

42VR Trophies = 1.93% of all trophies earned --> 103 = 3.04%

Edunstar84

2458 Total Trophies - 2849 Total Trophies

27UR Trophies = 1.10% of all trophies earned --> 46 = 1.61%

108VR Trophies = 4.39% of all trophies earned --> 135 = 4.74%

Psy-Tychist

7634 Total Trophies - 8529 Total Trophies

12UR Trophies = 0.16% of all trophies earned --> 16 = 0.19%

93VR Trophies = 1.21% of all trophies earned --> 110 = 1.29%

Good gains for @Edunstar84 with more to come from Flames of Rebellion (after coping with all the problems).

Not sure what else to say at the moment, I enjoy seeing the progress made but feel I am lacking somewhat.

• Like 1

I've got the PS3 version of SO4 still sat on the shelf looking at me, plus my husband keeps encouraging me to play it........soon.

I guess the next UR I might play is Sims 4 (although whether it will stay UR long term is another thing) as it was one of my birthday games and I'm currently working through my collection.

• Like 2

Just now, Mesopithecus said:

I've got the PS3 version of SO4 still sat on the shelf looking at me, plus my husband keeps encouraging me to play it........soon.

I guess the next UR I might play is Sims 4 (although whether it will stay UR long term is another thing) as it was one of my birthday games and I'm currently working through my collection.

I love reading the forums on The Sims 4. Someone had a massive gripe on "cheating" in the game.