That Other, Other Platinum Race, that's also rather misleading

Who will be Ruler of Rarities, Trophy Triumphant and Champion Collector?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Ruler of Rarities, Trophy Triumphant and Champion Collector?

• Mesopithicus
    • Edunstar84
    • Psy-Tychist
    • Is there someone else who should be here?

3 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Graces and Hearts R are both my favorite so far. Symphonia is definitely the most daunting one. I started it for Kill Your Completion, but haven't gone back to it. It's takes a particular and organized mindset to complete.

I think those would definitely be a good starting point then.  I figure with Symphonia, it will be good practice for when I eventually get around to playing Star Ocean 4.  The guide on here for Symphonia seems incredibly detailed too which helps.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/01/2018 at 7:40 AM, Mesopithecus said:

I think those would definitely be a good starting point then.  I figure with Symphonia, it will be good practice for when I eventually get around to playing Star Ocean 4.  The guide on here for Symphonia seems incredibly detailed too which helps.

There are a lot more Tales games than I originally anticipated.

I have Graces, Hearts, Xillia and Symphonia somewhere in the digital ether.

I just realised i haven't played an RPG since Dark Souls II in May 2017 and a JRPG since Kingdom Hearts II in November 2016... ?

Mesopithicus

2175 Total Trophies - 3923 Total Trophies

15UR Trophies = 0.69% of all trophies earned --> 108 = 2.75%

42VR Trophies = 1.93% of all trophies earned --> 114 = 2.91%

Edunstar84

2458 Total Trophies - 2940 Total Trophies

27UR Trophies = 1.10% of all trophies earned --> 57 = 1.94%

108VR Trophies = 4.39% of all trophies earned --> 136 = 4.63%

Psy-Tychist

7634 Total Trophies - 8952 Total Trophies

12UR Trophies = 0.16% of all trophies earned --> 17 = 0.19%

93VR Trophies = 1.21% of all trophies earned --> 133 = 1.48%

Things have really slowed down with other competitions on the horizon and many other life things getting in the way.

I'm still hoping to have 5 VR/UR Plats by the time my birthday rolls around. As to which they are is another thing entirely.

@Edunstar84 are you enjoying MHW?

Edited by Psy-Tychist
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I know this has slowed down quite a bit in recent times, but I still have my goals in place.

Currently though I have been toying with what to do with my 100th Platinum and whether it deserves a milestone.

I decided to do Final Fantasy XIII as my 100th and I remember why I haven't finished it yet.

I am woefully under-equipped for fighting turtles and I hate relying on the Death spam move.

I haven't given up yet, it just will take a long time.

Mesopithicus

2175 Total Trophies - 4127 Total Trophies

15UR Trophies = 0.69% of all trophies earned --> 109 = 2.64%

42VR Trophies = 1.93% of all trophies earned --> 111 = 2.69%

Edunstar84

2458 Total Trophies - 2994 Total Trophies

27UR Trophies = 1.10% of all trophies earned --> 57 = 1.90%

108VR Trophies = 4.39% of all trophies earned --> 138 = 4.61%

Psy-Tychist

7634 Total Trophies - 9106 Total Trophies

12UR Trophies = 0.16% of all trophies earned --> 17 = 0.18%

93VR Trophies = 1.21% of all trophies earned --> 134 = 1.47%

@Mesopithecus, how is Danganronpa? I've never played them or really heard much on them but it seems really popular.

@Edunstar84 are you aiming for the Monster Hunter Plat as your next big achievement?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Also, you're going to have to do the Death spam move, especially at the beginning of your farming. Those rare drops don't come too easy.

I have 3 Trapz now, strangely received more now after using Death, just a pain to keep getting a TP top up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I have 3 Trapz now, strangely received more now after using Death, just a pain to keep getting a TP top up.

I got annoyed with farming Trapz, so ended up farming Perfume killing some enemies in Eden.  I think each perfume is worth 12,500 so ended up just getting the money and buying trapz.  I thought about doing FFXIII on this account - maybe when I run out of other things to play :P

As for your question, Danganronpa is amazing and I highly recommend it :D

8 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

7 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I got annoyed with farming Trapz, so ended up farming Perfume killing some enemies in Eden.  I think each perfume is worth 12,500 so ended up just getting the money and buying trapz.  I thought about doing FFXIII on this account - maybe when I run out of other things to play :P

As for your question, Danganronpa is amazing and I highly recommend it :D

Now that I'm thinking about it. I think I demantled one of the characters' end weapon to get a trap back, but I did this last just in case I mess up somehow. I forget, how many traps do you need in total? 

12 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Now that I'm thinking about it. I think I demantled one of the characters' end weapon to get a trap back, but I did this last just in case I mess up somehow. I forget, how many traps do you need in total? 

7 in total. I know one weapon dismantles into 3 Trapz but I have to get money boosted first.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Mesopithecus said:

Congrats!!! :D:D:D:D

Did you enjoy it?

Thank you indeed :).

Yes I did, very much so.

It was a great tongue in cheek style adventure, like playing a mad pantomime. The only bad thing was you couldn't tell how many Hundredsparkles you'd successfully collected. Mine dropped in Act 6 Curtain 3 after the third or fourth playthrough.

• Like 1

It's been a while since I updated the general stats for how things have changed, so here they are:

Mesopithicus

2175 Total Trophies - 4383 Total Trophies

15UR Trophies = 0.69% of all trophies earned --> 107 = 2.44%

42VR Trophies = 1.93% of all trophies earned --> 113 = 2.58%

Edunstar84

2458 Total Trophies - 3015 Total Trophies

27UR Trophies = 1.10% of all trophies earned --> 56 = 1.86%

108VR Trophies = 4.39% of all trophies earned --> 140 = 4.64%

Psy-Tychist

7634 Total Trophies - 9208 Total Trophies

12UR Trophies = 0.16% of all trophies earned --> 21 = 0.23%

93VR Trophies = 1.21% of all trophies earned --> 140 = 1.52%

I'm actually seeing the growth finally and hopefully I can get to 0.5% UR trophies by the events end.

@Mesopithecus how are you finding Kingdom Hearts 2.5? I am trying to find a way of beating Org 13 and Lingering Will, but can't seem to find a good plan.

@Edunstar84 you seem so close to finishing Monster Hunter World, how is it going?

3 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Mesopithecus how are you finding Kingdom Hearts 2.5? I am trying to find a way of beating Org 13 and Lingering Will, but can't seem to find a good plan.

I'm enjoying it, just trying to do a few different things before heading into the final boss battles and post game stuff.  

You can cheese Lingering Will using the strategy below, and I believe it also works for like 4 or 5 Org 13 members

On 3/26/2018 at 1:43 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

Will have to try it again, I tried cheesing him but I failed in the dozen times I tried it.

If that's the case, I just need to do a Critical Mode playthrough and I'm golden :)

If it makes you feel any better, I've failed it so many times too.  I can get into a good rhythm with it and then it seems to be an abrupt camera angle change that messes up my attempt.  Will get it eventually I guess - with a lot of practice and patience.

I still need to do critical playthrough, wanted to enjoy everything on an easier run first.

Did you finish all your grinding on Final Fantasy XIII?

3 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Did you finish all your grinding on Final Fantasy XIII?

Not yet, finished Puppeteer and Salt and Sanctuary first and a couple of games which are sticking on my profile.

Will go back to it, just hate the several hours of grinding ahead.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 03/04/2018 at 8:00 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Has anyone seen the movie yet? I think I'll wait until it comes on Netflix next year....hopefully.

Yes I have. They tackled the may of making it 'movie-worthy' quite well, although I found the way the characters interacted was a bit stilted.

Good overall though.

I know we have nearly forgotten about this event, but it will be coming to an end in 6 weeks.

So, an update(ish) is in order:

Mesopithicus

2175 Total Trophies - 4532 Total Trophies

15UR Trophies = 0.69% of all trophies earned --> 108 = 2.38%

42VR Trophies = 1.93% of all trophies earned --> 120 = 2.65%

Edunstar84

2458 Total Trophies - 3181 Total Trophies

27UR Trophies = 1.10% of all trophies earned --> 56 = 1.76%

108VR Trophies = 4.39% of all trophies earned --> 141 = 4.43%

Psy-Tychist

7634 Total Trophies - 9679 Total Trophies

12UR Trophies = 0.16% of all trophies earned --> 22 = 0.23%

93VR Trophies = 1.21% of all trophies earned --> 141 = 1.46%

1 minute ago, Mesopithecus said:

I've not quite forgotten about it, currently working on Rainbow Moon (which is an UR) at the moment :D

I saw. I just couldn't quite get to grips with the way the game played. Or maybe I have no idea how it is supposed to work.

In any case, it is very much on the back burner right now.

Some good has come from this, we've nearly all doubled the amount of VR and UR trophies in a year.

13 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I saw. I just couldn't quite get to grips with the way the game played. Or maybe I have no idea how it is supposed to work.

In any case, it is very much on the back burner right now.

Some good has come from this, we've nearly all doubled the amount of VR and UR trophies in a year.

Once you get into it, it's actually pretty good.  I admit it took me a while to really start enjoying it so I'd say to definitely give it another chance

I got lost in Rainbow Moon, and left it at that. I still have it downloaded on my Vita, so there's that. I'm trying to get to plat #75 as fast as possible, so I can pop Monster Hunter: World which has 2 UR trophies and is a UR plat. I'm not sure if I'll do another UR before July, but maybe a VR plat or two.