That Other, Other Platinum Race, that's also rather misleading

Who will be Ruler of Rarities, Trophy Triumphant and Champion Collector?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Ruler of Rarities, Trophy Triumphant and Champion Collector?

• Mesopithicus
    • Edunstar84
    • Psy-Tychist
    • Is there someone else who should be here?

17 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Congrats :)  That's awesome.  

Thank you :D 8 playthroughs!! Or perhaps it was 9...I'm so happy to be done with this game. Although if the PS4 version gets a separate list, I might be tempted to play again. I had massive help from Nyonmyan. 

On 02/12/2017 at 8:52 AM, Edunstar84 said:

Thank you :D 8 playthroughs!! Or perhaps it was 9...I'm so happy to be done with this game. Although if the PS4 version gets a separate list, I might be tempted to play again. I had massive help from Nyonmyan. 

8!

That seems overly excessive to Plat a game, but what do I know.

Congrats though and the score will be updated when you next look.

@Mesopithecus, how was Mary Skelter?

Edited by Psy-Tychist

5 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

8!

It was a lot of fun :)  Just taking a couple days break and then probably going to start Nights of Azure 2.  Not Ultra Rare or Very Rare but I'm really into my RPGs at the moment.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

8!

They're not that long fortunately. Maybe around 6 hours, with the 1st playthrough taking about 12 hours. I'm really happy that I'm finished with it. I don't think I'll finish another UR plat in a month. I really wanted to finish Everybody's Golf, but the last handful of trophies are very difficult, and I didn't have enough patience to complete in during the Summer.

9 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

It was a lot of fun :)  Just taking a couple days break and then probably going to start Nights of Azure 2.  Not Ultra Rare or Very Rare but I'm really into my RPGs at the moment.

That Mary Skelter plat is pretty nice.

• Like 1

Been doing Puppeteer at the moment, looking to make it a Platinum by the end of the year and also my first UR Plat.
We shall see how that turns out after I rage at all the collecting.
I suck at keeping to one game at the moment.

Mesopithicus

2175 Total Trophies - 3424 Total Trophies

15UR Trophies = 0.69% of all trophies earned --> 108 = 3.15%

42VR Trophies = 1.93% of all trophies earned --> 104 = 3.04%

Edunstar84

2458 Total Trophies - 2879 Total Trophies

27UR Trophies = 1.10% of all trophies earned --> 52 = 1.80%

108VR Trophies = 4.39% of all trophies earned --> 137 = 4.76%

Psy-Tychist

7634 Total Trophies - 8619 Total Trophies

12UR Trophies = 0.16% of all trophies earned --> 16 = 0.18%

93VR Trophies = 1.21% of all trophies earned --> 119 = 1.38%

Good work and congrats to @Edunstar84 for being only the fourth person to Platinum Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion on the site.

I'm hoping to Plat one of my 40 VR's also before the end of the year.

Edited by Psy-Tychist
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

The EU January sales look alright. Might get Let's Starve Together sometime in the future. Looks fun!

Can confirm it's a lot of fun :)  Believe I still have my save files with a few of the bosses already set up, so if you decide to get it and need any help, let me know.

As far as UR trophy purchases go, I bought Exist Archive.  Tempted to also get Star Ocean Till the End of Time, so that way I have 3, 4 and 5 ready to play (I must be crazy!)

@Psy-TychistHow is Puppeteer going?  Still on to get the plat before the end of the year? :)

• Like 1

Hope everyone had a good Crimbo and received many nice shiny games for the new year.

Here are the last stats update I will post before the new year, I hope I can get the Puppeteer Plat, but we shall see and  update it in the New Year.

Mesopithicus

2175 Total Trophies - 3475 Total Trophies

15UR Trophies = 0.69% of all trophies earned --> 108 = 3.11%

42VR Trophies = 1.93% of all trophies earned --> 107 = 3.08%

Edunstar84

2458 Total Trophies - 2912 Total Trophies

27UR Trophies = 1.10% of all trophies earned --> 55 = 1.89%

108VR Trophies = 4.39% of all trophies earned --> 133 = 4.57%

Psy-Tychist

7634 Total Trophies - 8690 Total Trophies

12UR Trophies = 0.16% of all trophies earned --> 17 = 0.19%

93VR Trophies = 1.21% of all trophies earned --> 126 = 1.44%

@Edunstar84 I look forward to getting a good number of my PS3 games finished with your event, hopefully some will fit here too.

@Mesopithecus do you think you will have another UR in Dungeon Punks before the year is out?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Edunstar84 I look forward to getting a good number of my PS3 games finished with your event, hopefully some will fit here too.

@Mesopithecus do you think you will have another UR in Dungeon Punks before the year is out?

Yea, I should definitely have Dungeon Punks done, only got a few more levels to do on New Game +.  It's only Very Rare though and has been steadily increasing, so doubt it will stay that way for long.

9 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I hope to finish a few of those long JRPGs, ultra rare or not. Maybe I'll get through Catherine, Star Ocean 4, and Tales of Symphonia before July. For some reason, I'm more optimistic in the early part of the year, so will probably try to finish one of those and continue with Star Ocean 5. I also got Tales of Berseria for Christmas, and I'm itching to play it very soon. But I really want to finish Ar Tonelico and Time & Eternity first.

2 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Was it enjoyable for the most part?

I've successfully Platted 9 games in 4 days, none count here mind you but that's helping my Completion rating.

Some parts, but not all.

Congrats on the plats! Do you have a completion goal?

6 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Congrats on the plats! Do you have a completion goal?

Well I set myself the goal of 60% last year and I raised my completion nearly 6% so i'm keeping that goal as I need to improve by 7% to get even there without starting any new games.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2018 at 0:05 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

Well I set myself the goal of 60% last year and I raised my completion nearly 6% so i'm keeping that goal as I need to improve by 7% to get even there without starting any new games.

I'm pretty sure your completion % will increase more this year when you start completing some of those backlog games. Maybe for this month's Monthly Madness theme, you could check if RootLetter applies.

I spent a few hours with Zestiria (haven't played it since June), and most of the battle system came back to me. It wasn't much to begin with! I forgot how convoluted it all was, and I have yet to understand how to upgrade my equipment efficiently. I'm going to do 2 playthroughs, and I hope some of the system seeps in at some point. My only regret is that I didn't wait to buy it for the PS4, so I can't take advantage of the UR points.

• 2 weeks later...

First update of the new year!

Mesopithicus

2175 Total Trophies - 3868 Total Trophies

15UR Trophies = 0.69% of all trophies earned --> 107 = 2.77%

42VR Trophies = 1.93% of all trophies earned --> 112 = 2.90%

Edunstar84

2458 Total Trophies - 2935 Total Trophies

27UR Trophies = 1.10% of all trophies earned --> 56 = 1.91%

108VR Trophies = 4.39% of all trophies earned --> 135 = 4.60%

Psy-Tychist

7634 Total Trophies - 8926 Total Trophies

12UR Trophies = 0.16% of all trophies earned --> 17 = 0.19%

93VR Trophies = 1.21% of all trophies earned --> 132 = 1.47%

Some small gains all around but no real driving into the UR trophies.

@Edunstar84 still going through Tales of Zestiria, is it as hard going as it seems?
@Mesopithecus Claiming 100 :platinum: with Nights of Azure 2 as the milestone. Congrats indeed. How is Monster Monpiece, was wanting to try it as I haven't played any real RPGs for quite a while, unless you count Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Been thinking of doing a kind of hardcore competition in the vein of Ready Player One, has anyone read it?

• Like 1

Just now, Psy-Tychist said:

@Mesopithecus Claiming 100 :platinum: with Nights of Azure 2 as the milestone. Congrats indeed. How is Monster Monpiece, was wanting to try it as I haven't played any real RPGs for quite a while, unless you count Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Been thinking of doing a kind of hardcore competition in the vein of Ready Player One, has anyone read it?

Thanks :)  Monster Monpiece is...interesting (that's probably the best term for it)  The tactical card game is actually pretty good, then you can rub monster girls.

I read Ready Player One last year and enjoyed it, what kind of competition were you thinking?  Feel free to PM me if it's still top secret

It reminded me of Monster Musume for some reason, or Criminal Girls, but I may be wrong.

Not really top secret as such, more along the lines of considering doing a similar quest but with a tangible prize. Not a massive prize but more substantial than I have seen in most competitions.

It's one of those with no time limit, just the clues in riddle or limerick form and some gaming task to undertake that will be a lot harder than just earn trophies.

10 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Not really top secret as such, more along the lines of considering doing a similar quest but with a tangible prize. Not a massive prize but more substantial than I have seen in most competitions.

It's one of those with no time limit, just the clues in riddle or limerick form and some gaming task to undertake that will be a lot harder than just earn trophies.

That sounds really interesting. I'd want to participate in that :). Good luck getting it up and running. 

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

It reminded me of Monster Musume for some reason, or Criminal Girls, but I may be wrong.

Sounds like it would be a fun event, and certainly something different from other events.  Will look forward to seeing it :)

8 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Edunstar84 still going through Tales of Zestiria, is it as hard going as it seems?

Zestiria isn't that hard, but grindy as all heck! And there's many things to do before I get to the last boss. The story is okay, with some funny elements, but not as funny as the others. And maybe a bit funnier than Xillia 1. I'm just happy to play it, and finally get it off my PSN. Of course, now I have to buy the DLC. I've read Ready Player One, and it's one of my favorite books. I'd be down for a hardcore competition like that. It sounds really interesting!

Congrats on #100 @Mesopithecus! Hope you like Monster Monpiece, and take care of those fingers, 'kay? Hehe.

• Like 1

Just now, Edunstar84 said:

Zestiria isn't that hard, but grindy as all heck! And there's many things to do before I get to the last boss. The story is okay, with some funny elements, but not as funny as the others. And maybe a bit funnier than Xillia 1. I'm just happy to play it, and finally get it off my PSN. Of course, now I have to buy the DLC. I've read Ready Player One, and it's one of my favorite books. I'd be down for a hardcore competition like that. It sounds really interesting!

Congrats on #100 @Mesopithecus! Hope you like Monster Monpiece, and take care of those fingers, 'kay? Hehe.

I want to start the Tales Of series at some point soon, as they count towards your PS3 backlog event :)  The only ones I don't own yet are Zestiria and Berseria, I started looking at guides and they all seem so daunting with what's required - especially Symphonia.  At the moment I'm not quite sure which one to start with - I'm thinking possibly Hearts or Graces.

I've had to take a rest break from Monpiece already because my arm was aching.  The card game element of it is pretty fun, I've been pleasantly surprised with it.  Plus my husband is amused with me furiously tapping and rubbing the Vita screen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I want to start the Tales Of series at some point soon, as they count towards your PS3 backlog event :)  The only ones I don't own yet are Zestiria and Berseria, I started looking at guides and they all seem so daunting with what's required - especially Symphonia.  At the moment I'm not quite sure which one to start with - I'm thinking possibly Hearts or Graces.

I've had to take a rest break from Monpiece already because my arm was aching.  The card game element of it is pretty fun, I've been pleasantly surprised with it.  Plus my husband is amused with me furiously tapping and rubbing the Vita screen.

Graces and Hearts R are both my favorite so far. Symphonia is definitely the most daunting one. I started it for Kill Your Completion, but haven't gone back to it. It's takes a particular and organized mindset to complete.

• Like 1