PSNProfiles Game of the Month Club

January 2018 Game of the Month Vote!  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What should our January 2018 Game of the Month be?

• Far From Noise (PlayStation 4)
    • Child of Light (PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita)
    • King of Fighters 2000 (PlayStation 4)
  2. 2. What should our January 2018 backup game be?

• VA-11 HALL-A (PlayStation Vita)
    • 8-bit Adventure Anthology: Volume I (PlayStation 4)
    • The Walking Dead: Michonne, Episodes 1-3 (PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4)

A few thoughts on Bastion:

- I adore the game work. It's beautifully crafted, and does a wonderful job of drawing me in. I've loved Transistor's world too, so I'm even more excited to play Pyre now.

- The narration is done well, and I enjoyed how the story was told. I wish there was even more narration, though.

- I enjoyed the variety in the available weapons, even though I didn't end up using some of them outside of their required challenges. The mortar's destructive potential is awe inspiring.

- The trails are nuts. They're not unfairly difficult, but difficult enough to where the game is going to stay on my alt-account for now. 

- I plan to keep practicing the trials though, as I would love to add the game to my main profile in the near future. 

- All this said though, I liked the story, pacing, and feel of Transistor more. I obviously still think Bastion is great, though. :)

I have previously played both of the games for this month, but Bastion is a great game.  I have beaten the main story on both PC and PS4.  The narration is really well done, and I have the theme song from the end on my Ipod.  

Hatoful Boyfriend is a really, really wierd game.  The first half is very light-hearted and kind of silly.  dating birds, way to many bird puns and a slightly aloof protagonist.  Then the second half comes.  I don't want to go in it in depth because of spoilers, but it gets really dark really quick.  It has a twist that is kind of reminiscent of Steins;Gate where there is no indication it is coming.  It just drops this bombshell and continues with a completely different tone.  Highly recommend it, especially because it was free on PS+

On 10/26/2017 at 11:26 AM, jasondm300 said:

Hatoful Boyfriend is a really, really wierd game.  The first half is very light-hearted and kind of silly.  dating birds, way to many bird puns and a slightly aloof protagonist.  Then the second half comes.  I don't want to go in it in depth because of spoilers, but it gets really dark really quick.  It has a twist that is kind of reminiscent of Steins;Gate where there is no indication it is coming.  It just drops this bombshell and continues with a completely different tone.  Highly recommend it, especially because it was free on PS+

Yeah, I found some of the twists to be really surprising, and genuinely enjoyed the game too. It's a shame that the follow-up, Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star was such trash compared to the original. While the original game was quirky, inventive, and somewhat different, Holiday Star seemed like a tired rehash that brought nothing new to the table. All things told though, the original remains one of my favorite dating sims.

Edited by darkamdusias

3 hours ago, darkamdusias said:

Yeah, I found some of the twists to be really surprising, and genuinely enjoyed the game too. It's a shame that the follow-up, Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star was such trash compared to the original. While the original game was quirky, inventive, and somewhat different, Holiday Star seemed like a tired rehash that brought nothing new to the table. All things told though, the original remains one of my favorite dating sims.

I haven't done holiday star yet.  I will at some point

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, friends!

The new games are up for this month! You'll have more time to complete the games this month as November/December are being merged so that we can have a more traditional start/end time for future games. Happy voting, and I'm excited to discuss our adventures with Hotline Miami and Saturday Morning RPG!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...