Until Dawn

hadygamal12

Most likely. There are some collectables that are only attainable if your story follows certain paths, i.e. you have the character alive long enough to get the collectables they need to gather or you make the choices that allow you access to certain areas of the map.

Spoiler

For example, I believe some chapter 7 collectables are only attainable if Sam is not caught by the psycho in the chase scene.

• Like 1

I missed out on a few collectibles, but saw there wasn't a chapter select to choose from in the main menu.  After some reading, I learned that the chapter select is available after you beat the game.  Throwing that out there in case anyone else wanted to know.

Yep, but one thing I would point out is - without spoiling anything - is that you need to successfully escape while playing as Sam in chapter 3 (I think) in order to unlock the opportunity to pick up some things later on in a chapter. If you choose chapter select and you weren't successful with the QTEs/hiding in the right place, you still won't be able to pick that stuff up. That might be the case as well for other collectibles but my memory escapes me at the moment. Long story short - just keep an eye out for that sort of thing.