Mithril Farming

Dead Weight

I was able to get most of my mithril, 6 drops, from Gaeen ( the brown robo chameleon ) after he was Lv 12

Got 1 randomly from the powered up green worm Dokaknel.

Got 2 mithril from both times I fought Gorl but I don't recommend fighting him since his fight takes too long and you have unavoidable cutscenes and credits each time you beat him.

Pretty much it's random but you get a better drop rate for higher level bosses.

• 3 months later...

Those worms didn't gave me a single Mithril. :|

At Lv. 10+, Dodonga and Gaeen stopped giving me Mithril and I was 2 Mithril short for the Divine trophy. Got the last 2 from low level Cioking(the red crab). The only boss that gave me Super Cedar as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 27/12/2017 at 9:35 PM, Tarlyun said:

1. Save game

2. Complete boss fight

If boss don't drop mithril - load game

Agree, that's the best way to farm it.

I've tried all the bosses but the best for me was Gaeen - you can easily kill him in 2 minutes with tate, yumi and mega and it tokk me 15 battles to obtain 9 mithrils.

Other bosses didn't give me such good drop rate.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/27/2019 at 6:40 PM, kalimullin said:

Agree, that's the best way to farm it.

I've tried all the bosses but the best for me was Gaeen - you can easily kill him in 2 minutes with tate, yumi and mega and it tokk me 15 battles to obtain 9 mithrils.

Other bosses didn't give me such good drop rate.

Definitely helped. Got 3 Mytheerial in 4 battles resetting the boss a couple of times

• 2 months later...

What level you suggest gaeen? The higher level the better chances to drop? I'm currently level 8 and gaeen not dropping anymore mytheerial do I have to keep fighting or just reload save until it drops? Also I heard dogaeen drops mytheerial I just don't which level has the best chances to drop it 

7 minutes ago, Fadomas said:

What level you suggest gaeen? The higher level the better chances to drop? I'm currently level 8 and gaeen not dropping anymore mytheerial do I have to keep fighting or just reload save until it drops? Also I heard dogaeen drops mytheerial I just don't which level has the best chances to drop it 

It took me until level 19 gaeen, level 12 dogaeen and level 3 Gorl. Just keep fighting each boss until you struggle with it and then switch to another one and it probably wont take you too long. It'll probably feel like you aren't getting any in the first few fights and then you'll get a bunch of them really quickly (as this is what happened with me)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Samasyxx said:

It took me until level 19 gaeen, level 12 dogaeen and level 3 Gorl. Just keep fighting each boss until you struggle with it and then switch to another one and it probably wont take you too long. It'll probably feel like you aren't getting any in the first few fights and then you'll get a bunch of them really quickly (as this is what happened with me)

thanks for your reply, i will try your method then,hopes to get them real soon and finish already that platinum .:)

• 11 months later...

Wow, can I just say, the "Divine Collection" Trophy sucks. It's such a grind. Nothing new, RNG trophies suck. My tam couldn't take on high level Gaeens or even Mid level Dogaens. 

It was so demoralizing to continuously load the game time and time again to try and get the Mithrils to drop on mid level Gaeens. 
My distribution of Mithrils to levels: 

Majidonga Lvl 11 - 1 Mithril

Gorl Lvl 3 - 2 Mithril

Cioking Lvl 5 - 1 Mithril

Dogaeen Lvl 7 - 1 Mithril 

Gaeen Lvl 12 - 4 Mithril

Multiple people have mentioned not to do Gorl, and while he is likely doing to torch a troop or 2, he consistently drops at least 1 legendary item (at least, in my runs) - most of the time 2. That was my saving grace when I only 5 and needed 4 more. 2 gorls -> 2 mithrils. Yes, you need to watch the credits but I just let the game play by itself, and yes his fight is long, but so are the Dogaeen / Cioking fights, often taking 4-6 minutes themselves. I ran Mega / Yumi / Kiba with the weapons as I collected them, with all troops barring 3 regular patapons on at least Tikulee rarity (blue spikes). If you stumble on this thread, and you don't know what to do, give Gorl a shot. No mithril? Restart the game. 

All in all, this grind left a salty taste in my mouth, which will likely result in a large break before Patapon 2. I love the games, and loved it on the PSP, but grinding these mithrils was not fun. I spent 6 hours in my last session finishing it up. 

• 1 year later...

I had issues farming bosses in this game until I switched to an all out DPS patapon setup.  The PSNP guide for this doesn't really give much of any tips on how to approach this game efficiently.  I used Yumipons, Yaripons and Megapons.  I would get as many Mogyoon (tier 7, rarity 4 + 3 materials) rarepons of these that I could.  By the end of my farming for 9 Mithril I had all Mogyoon rarepons of each type.  Never spend any Mithril on upgrading anything.  Try to get an ancient bow/spear/horn and divine bow/spear/horn ASAP as well.  These items are pretty broken on Mogyoon rarepons.  The ancient items are fairly rare drops, but counter the slower attack speed of Mogyoon rarepons and turn them into DPS monsters, but sadly you can only get 1 of each type of weapon, I believe.  Keep an eye out for Magic Alloys as well since you can use those to make Mogyoon Megapons.  I got one from Gorl on my trophy kill which was lucky, then I got another two I think from earlier bosses, but I don't remember which.  It would have been Shookle, Crab Queen or Gaeen as those were the ones I was farming the most after I switched to Megapons.

This party lacks in defense, but you won't need it if you are good with maintaining fever.  The goal is to try to stagger bosses to essentially stunlock them while in fever mode with a barrage of damage.  Every time a boss staggers (or maybe only if you break/crack one of its parts which also staggers the boss) it will drop something from its drop table.  Usually its going to be ka-ching, but sometimes it will be mithril/super cedar/weapons or other highly useful items.  This way you can potentially multiply your drop rate for rare stuff rather than simply going for the boss kill drop alone.  I was able to easily obliterate all bosses with this setup (except maybe Gorl because his charge is gonna do a lot of damage without Tatepons to block it in my experience).  Many times I'd stagger them 3-4 times in a row at the end of the first phase of the fight.

Also, you want to farm the easier variant of bosses since they have a limited drop pool so it is easier to get mithril and super cedars from them.  I got many mithril from Shookle.  He is very easy to stunlock and weak to fire so often does nothing if you've loaded your yumi and yaripons with fire weapons.  Once I got Shookle to lvl 10 or so I went back to Gaeen who is extremely easy to farm with this setup as well.  I had no issues with Zaknel either who often drops mithril.

I was able to get the last 6 or 7 mithril I needed very rapidly and most boss kills were in the 2-3 minute range for me.  I highly suggest doing it this way if you want to save time.

Edited by Elegy