Binding of Isaac Afterbirth + trophies and release date

I turned on my PS4 the other day and BoI updated automatically and now it lists the afterbirth + trophies for me.  I don't have access to afterbirth + gameplay yet. I haven't been able to find a trophies list or a release date for afterbirth + anywhere, are we getting afterbirth + soon or did something go wonky for me?  I can list the trophies too if anyone is interested.

There are 7 new trophies, but they are all Hidden. PSN has added Afterbirth+ Trophies to the game meaning the DLC is on the horizon. I feel it is going to be a surprise release, it was mentioned back in June that BoI was going to get a physical release with Afterbirth+ but no release date was given. 

B

4 hours ago, TheJadedJay said:

Can you get a screencap of this? I haven't heard anything at all about the new DLC coming to console.
I can't say that the DLC exactly had me excited on PC though... it looked pretty weak compared to the last one.

I can't get a screenshot right now but trophies are

bronze - kill delirium with apollyon

bronze - beat greedier mode with appolyon

silver - complete all hard mode marks with apollyon

bronze - beat hush for the first time

bronze - kill delirium for the first time

bronze - start a 4th victory lap

gold - just stop (1000000% trophy)

4 hours ago, dtc1731 said:

I can't get a screenshot right now but trophies are

bronze - kill delirium with apollyon

bronze - beat greedier mode with appolyon

silver - complete all hard mode marks with apollyon

bronze - beat hush for the first time

bronze - kill delirium for the first time

bronze - start a 4th victory lap

gold - just stop (1000000% trophy)

Oh boy... yup, not even going to try to touch some of those if I get the game on PS4...

9 hours ago, TechnicalPixel said:

Afterbirth + is going to release on 9/19. It's up for preorder on the gamestop website for $40 

Wait... just the DLC? For $40?

That is a massive ripoff if so...

9 hours ago, Pavani_ said:

What did you use for a guide? I don't even know about where i should start from. 

It started off as a bit of fun tbh, then when i started getting into the game a lot more i wanted to track my progress.

There are a couple of really good apps on ios (the one i was using was Isaac item guide) - you can track the items used, items collected, challenges done etc - but with the more recent updates (eg afterbirth) the game tracking is much better - you can see which bosses you have done and which items you are missing etc

I'm a bit sad and also made an excel sheet to keep track of what i was doing (always nice to check things off)

If you are just starting the game i would play to unlock most of the characters then start aiming for the end game bosses with each character - you might as well play on hard form the start - its not that much difference to normal - few tougher enemies etc

Greed mode makes getting all the items a lot easier so have a bash at that

the hardest thing is the lost runs - but wouldn't try those until you are comfortable with what most of the items do (i had more of an issue with the keeper if i am honest)

i found 1 challenge a pain but with all the skill in the world you are at mercy of the RNG gods, so play it enough and you will get a really good run!!!

On 18/08/2017 at 8:13 AM, chickenbaltipie said:

It started off as a bit of fun tbh, then when i started getting into the game a lot more i wanted to track my progress.

There are a couple of really good apps on ios (the one i was using was Isaac item guide) - you can track the items used, items collected, challenges done etc - but with the more recent updates (eg afterbirth) the game tracking is much better - you can see which bosses you have done and which items you are missing etc

I'm a bit sad and also made an excel sheet to keep track of what i was doing (always nice to check things off)

If you are just starting the game i would play to unlock most of the characters then start aiming for the end game bosses with each character - you might as well play on hard form the start - its not that much difference to normal - few tougher enemies etc

Greed mode makes getting all the items a lot easier so have a bash at that

the hardest thing is the lost runs - but wouldn't try those until you are comfortable with what most of the items do (i had more of an issue with the keeper if i am honest)

i found 1 challenge a pain but with all the skill in the world you are at mercy of the RNG gods, so play it enough and you will get a really good run!!!

The only trophy i'm missing is 1001%, but i don't know the best way to go for it.

the wiki is a really useful site, in particular the achievements page

If you work your way through this checklist you will get 1001%

https://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Achievements

I made this into a excel list and simply checked them off as i did them

On 8/19/2017 at 2:57 AM, ChaoticFox9900 said:

Any tips for getting Secret Room items? They're the only ones I have left for Platinum God, and it doesn't seem like they spawn in Greed Mode, even with a Chaos breaking run.

Isaac with the D6 helps - if you can get the card that spawns the begger "judgement" and spend a lot of cash on him until he drops life upgrade, its a pedestal item which means when you re-roll the d6 you are rolling two items at a time

Edited by chickenbaltipie