Delay between final trophy and platinum popping

JanFranSwan

Recently every time I get a platinum there's a delay between the the final trophy and the plat (like 7 seconds). Sometimes the image doesn't appear and it's just a picture of a generic blue trophy. Sometimes I have to bring up the dashboard to get it to pop at all. I don't know if its a problem with my system or the fact that my internet has been horrible lately. Also some games have been crashing (AC freedom cry crashed like 6 times in 7 hours, don't know if that's normal). If you know why this could be happening it would be greatly appreciated.

23 minutes ago, JanSwan14 said:

Recently every time I get a platinum there's a delay between the the final trophy and the plat (like 7 seconds). Sometimes the image doesn't appear and it's just a picture of a generic blue trophy. Sometimes I have to bring up the dashboard to get it to pop at all. I don't know if its a problem with my system or the fact that my internet has been horrible lately. Also some games have been crashing (AC freedom cry crashed like 6 times in 7 hours, don't know if that's normal). If you know why this could be happening it would be greatly appreciated.

I've had that image problem happen once, and it was when I was at a friends house who happens to have pretty bad internet. As for the game crashing, I encounter that issue when my hard drive is low on space. It randomly freezes my game, the screen turns blue, then it kicks me to the xmb. Not sure if that's the same for your situation?

• Like 1

i second rebuilding the database, worth a try!

had this sometimes in the past, too. broken trophy image, some delay in popping or even popping when i switch to the dashboard. wouldn't worry too much about it.

could also very well be a side-effect of one of the recent system-firmware changes Sony made.

Since the last FW or so, trophies get now synced to PSN immediately when you earn them.

so in case your internet is slow and it tries to immediately sync the last trophy (before the plat) and there is some delay, the system may very well delay the platinum because of that.

btw does your profile reflect this delay in the platinum, or is it merely a delay in the notification on screen?

• Like 1

I've had some delay between the final trophy and the platinum occasionally before as well, not just on the PS4 either. I've also gotten the broken trophy image at least twice on the PS4 in the past near-ish 4 years.

As for games freezing, I've had it happen occasionally on some games. Worst offenders are usually Telltale games, particularly the last Batman, I remember the last episode freezing up like 3 times within 20-25 minutes when I was near the end of the episode. It would just cause the PS4 to give me an error code, close the game, and refresh the dashboard.

I haven't played Freedom Cry so I can't comment on it, but I wouldn't worry too much about freezing.

As others have said, try rebuilding the database.If that doesn't work, maybe try freeing a bit of hard drive space up if you can. Also, does the console feel hot at all? You may also want to consider dusting it, particularly around the edges/middle since there's vents there that seem to be dust magnets,

My PS4 sometimes seems to get a bit slow, particularly with the dashboard, sometimes for seemingly no reason. I notice it normally tends to happen when I'm low on hard drive space though, when the console has been on for 5+ hours, or when I've had it in rest mode and not turned it off for months.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dernop said:

i second rebuilding the database, worth a try!

had this sometimes in the past, too. broken trophy image, some delay in popping or even popping when i switch to the dashboard. wouldn't worry too much about it.

could also very well be a side-effect of one of the recent system-firmware changes Sony made.

Since the last FW or so, trophies get now synced to PSN immediately when you earn them.

so in case your internet is slow and it tries to immediately sync the last trophy (before the plat) and there is some delay, the system may very well delay the platinum because of that.

btw does your profile reflect this delay in the platinum, or is it merely a delay in the notification on screen?

I think it's just a notification delay since the timestamps for when I earned the last two trophies is still the same exact time.

Also, thanks for the feedback guys :)