Under The Bridge Not Counting

i-kicked-a-brit

Maybe I'm going crazy, but I'm having an issue unlocking the Close Shave trophy. I did the 15 Knife Flights, but I'm stuck at 49/50 Under the Bridge flights. Through natural playthrough, I did about 15 of those. I followed the video posted in the PSN guide to get the rest of them. For any bridges I went under without the count popping up, that tells me I previously flew under the said bridge. At the end of my first run, I had 46/50. I know I missed two for sure (12 and 13 in the video on the guide). I decided to rerun the entire route in order, and then only counted bridge #37 of the guide. Maybe I can try rerunning a third time, but has anyone else had this issue? I'm not saying there is a bug, but do some of these have to have a clean run (i.e. not scraping the ground/walls/bottom of bridge with the chopper)? I want to say I slightly nicked the walls while going for #12 bridge, but it still counted.

Also, knowing my luck, I'll make a third run and find the last bridge hours after posting this.

Edited by i-kicked-a-brit

21 minutes ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

Also, knowing my luck, I'll make a third run and find the last bridge hours after posting this.

Yup this is what pretty much happened with me when I went for this trophy. It turns out my last bridge was one I thought I already went under during normal play progression. Just try it again. Unfortunately you do need a clean run when going under the bridge as you said. What helicopter are you using? Are you using the tiny little maverick when going under the bridge?

I used the Maverick for my first run. Only issues I had were 12 and 13. I then stole a Buzzard, and redid the two bridges I mentioned before going on an entire second run with the Buzzard. For what it's worth, it looks and feels smaller than a Maverick. Again, I don't remember any obvious contact with my surroundings during my second run (other than #12 mentioned in OP), but I can try again with the Buzzard.

This one busted my balls, too.

I ended up doing a starting a new game.....and after completing the first mission, immediately stole a maverick from the hospital and began the task of pursuing the close shave trophy. Followed a video guide....but skipped 12 and 13 until the end. I checked myself after each bridge and verified the count, and then saved. By the time 12 and 13 were left (and the knife flights) my aviation skill was maxed.

One of the toughest of bronze trophies....because it is so easy to lose count and the knife flights and bridge 12 & 13 are difficult in themselves. Good luck to you.

12 & 13 you can touch the sides...just go fast and you should get them...there is also one in the north west of map near mount chilliad that is like this...there are two bridges close by...one high, one low...the low one, 12 and 13 are the only ones that I noticed I didn't pass on the first attempt...used the maverick for all...I noticed speed is also key not just no scrapes...I did all the letter scraps, land and air peyote, secret characters for the editor trophies, and spaceship parts rotating between the 3 characters so they were all nearly maxed out on flying before starting the bridges and knife flights...recommend it...sadly the hardest part was stealing the jet since I went into the base with the maverick...took a few tries before I figured out I could quickly turn the jet around on land with cell open to quick save, take off towards the water, quickly save and load, and I was pretty much home free...super easy...hope you find which ones you're missing...no need to start a new save imo...

Edited by ProfBambam55

9 hours ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

Yup, I reran the routes and I was missing 19. Looking back, I do recall crashing my helicopter there to a point where the engine stopped working (no explosion). So this goes back to having a "clean" run without any damage to the engine. Seems like the blades are fair game, thought. Thanks everyone! Now onto the stunt jumps and finishing off the main missions.

16 minutes ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

Yup, I reran the routes and I was missing 19. Looking back, I do recall crashing my helicopter there to a point where the engine stopped working (no explosion). So this goes back to having a "clean" run without any damage to the engine. Seems like the blades are fair game, thought. Thanks everyone! Now onto the stunt jumps and finishing off the main missions.

just a tip some of the jumps its best to use a fast motorcycle and a couple of the jumps i found impossible to get till i figured out doing flips actually helps you go further specially one in the drains where you have to clear like 2 highway overpasses and a ton of open land

15 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

sadly the hardest part was stealing the jet since I went into the base with the maverick...took a few tries before I figured out I could quickly turn the jet around on land with cell open to quick save, take off towards the water, quickly save and load, and I was pretty much home free

I was able to find the ones I need, thanks! I'm guessing you went into the base to steal the jet for knife flights. Word of advice for anyone reading this: do the knife flights in FLIGHT SCHOOL. Go there and select Knife Flight lesson, which will teach you about this maneuver. There is no time limit on how fast you have to complete the challenge, and the lesson takes place in the city where all 15 Knife Flight spots exist. Plus, if you crash and fail the lesson, you can retry without paying the 5 grand for the hospital bill. You can see the video of all locations under the Close Shave in the trophy guide, but I also found this link useful: http://www.igta5.com/knife-flights

Yeah, army base...pretty good at flying so prefer the speed of using the jet....not very good at stealing jets apparently...you can quick save before or after each knife flight/under the bridge attempt so also no hospital bill and if you save while flying you'll be at the exact spot in the same vehicle where you saved...stunt plane a good tip for those struggling though or who find it easier to use a slower plane...

• 4 weeks later...