The 1% Club Quick Easy Method

Hayabusa85

I used this same method but I did Monaco in the dry. Worked fine for me. I was 1-2seconds a lap quicker than the ai (as I was cutting corners) and as I didn't make a pit stop I won by a huge margin. I chose Monaco to do it as it's almost impossible for the ai to pass you even if you are driving slowly. The only area to worry about is the home straight but you can easily block them or overtake anyone that slips by into the first corner

• Like 1

Morning everyone.  

Many thanks to Hayabusa85 for taking the time to explain how to get this trophy in simple terms.  If I can manage it, anyone can.  I managed to block everyone coming through apart from a couple where I used the flashbacks.  When I crossed the line I was 11 seconds ahead or Ricciardo.

I look forward to hearing your next tip Hayabusa85!

On 28/08/2017 at 8:53 PM, Hayabusa85 said:

This trophy is much easier this year in my opinion and can be done really quick.  First set it to ultimate difficulty with 25% distance obviously, turn off rules, turn off damage, flashbacks on, select manual starts, race in clear sunny conditions, pick Hamilton since he is a front row lock and finally select the short Japan circuit.  The laps only take around 40 seconds so it is a very short track while also being pretty narrow and easy to drive. 

Start the race by jumping the start which with rules off won't be penalized and allows you get out to a decent lead right off the start.  Chances are if you are not amazing at the game like me it won't be long before the AI catches you but don't worry about that yet.  Block them a bit but if they get through it isn't a big deal.  The reason for this is you are going to ignore the mandatory pit stop while the AI won't which like the jumped start with rules off isn't going to penalize you (Unlike previous years where it seems to me this would penalize you no matter what you had rules set to).  With the laps only being around 40 seconds the time a pit stop takes is basically around half a lap so you are going to get a big lead.  Bottas still caught me near the end since I didn't block him at all earlier but this is where the narrowness of the track with damage off helps since it is very easy to crash into them and send them spinning if you do get caught near the end.  If you make a mistake and lose the lead then just use the flashbacks. 

Got it my first try with ease and it only takes around 10 minutes.  No need to worry about racing in the rain, causing pile ups or things like that and even the blocking will be minimal in the event you do get caught in the last lap or two. 

thanks for the tip

• 4 weeks later...
On 3 September 2017 at 8:52 AM, RainbowMika said:

thanks for the tip

How many seasons will it take for the 75% of all upgrades to unlock do u think? Last years it was 1 season then sim a season and it was done. I doubt it will be that quick this time around the upgrade menu is very confusing to and I'm a massive f1 fan. I also picked Renault because I get a extra bonus for the slower cars u think this will make a difference, info would be great 

People on PST say 75% should come in the 4th season if you do most things to get resource points. I think some claim it takes 47 upgrades from the main 3 categories but it takes more for others. Nobody knows for 100% what actually is required for the trophy (but they're all above 75%). I just started my 3rd season but I'm doing all reliability/reduced cost upgrades too so it might go well into my 5th season, idk.

PS: I also went with Renault.

Edited by DizzyDavidson