New Xbox information blowout

AndroidFox

I don't seen why its necessary to be attempting to play 2 games at once. I'm imagining someone playing a Ratchet and Clank game with a screen-in-screen match of Call of Duty in the corner. Play a few minutes of Ratchet between COD matches or something? Are we really coming to that? There is no need for such overstimulation, just seems a little absurd to me. I know this is the trend in movies and in music (especially in radio) as far as audio goes, the "loudness war" is a real issue. People seem to have such short attention spans and become bored if they are not overstimulated for even just a minute. I don't feel this is really a good avenue to go down.

I don't think that's exactly what they intend to be done with it, but I don't really see what the purpose of it is.

It's OK, BT...let them all overstim themselves to death!  :devil:

I don't seen why its necessary to be attempting to play 2 games at once. I'm imagining someone playing a Ratchet and Clank game with a screen-in-screen match of Call of Duty in the corner. Play a few minutes of Ratchet between COD matches or something? Are we really coming to that? There is no need for such overstimulation, just seems a little absurd to me. I know this is the trend in movies and in music (especially in radio) as far as audio goes, the "loudness war" is a real issue. People seem to have such short attention spans and become bored if they are not overstimulated for even just a minute. I don't feel this is really a good avenue to go down.

I don't think that's exactly what they intend to be done with it, but I don't really see what the purpose of it is.

Why does your phone multi task?  I think that this feature is suggesting that they Xbox is going the direction of a computer, rather then being a console just for playing video games.  You are going to have apps and other software running, so you can utilize multiple programs without needing to quit each time you want to switch.  

Why does your phone multi task?  I think that this feature is suggesting that they Xbox is going the direction of a computer, rather then being a console just for playing video games.  You are going to have apps and other software running, so you can utilize multiple programs without needing to quit each time you want to switch.  

It literally says in the text, "will run multiple games at once". I would never be playing two games at once on a computer, or a smartphone. Seems about the same as watching two movies at once... just seems.... dumb?

• Like 2

The new Xbox sounds like Pedobear with the mandatory Kinect (camera).  Also, I agree with BT.  I never understood why people like to do two of the same thing at the same time.  I mean, yeah, I do play Vita with the TV on, but that's different than playing two games at once...for that, I imagine like...playing 3DS and Vita at the same time.  Pointless. 

What about the new Xbox not playing disk directly, you have to install the game for it to work. While I understand that this will cut load times what if they start blocking used games? Then the disk is a piece of hardware we only use once unless we delete the game data to install it again. Might just go for digital only in that case.

• Like 1

In addition to the concerns already raised, I hope Microsoft does more to improve the overall user experience in small ways. Microsoft Points for example, are completely unnecessary and should be done away with. Also, I hope their new Dashboard is more streamlined, and features fewer advertisements. The current one just looks messy.

In addition to the concerns already raised, I hope Microsoft does more to improve the overall user experience in small ways. Microsoft Points for example, are completely unnecessary and should be done away with. Also, I hope their new Dashboard is more streamlined, and features fewer advertisements. The current one just looks messy.

Why would they do away with Microsoft points?  You are forced to buy certain chunks, but can almost never spend all of them.  So Microsoft is always getting more money from you, why would they want to stop doing that?  I am also surprised that the paid service on Xbox is full of ads, while the free service on PS3 has zero intrusive ads (I am not sure they really have any ads at all).

Why would they do away with Microsoft points?  You are forced to buy certain chunks, but can almost never spend all of them.  So Microsoft is always getting more money from you, why would they want to stop doing that?  

I guess it was a vain hope on my part that Microsoft would do right by the customer in this regard. Dare to dream, I suppose.

I guess it was a vain hope on my part that Microsoft would do right by the customer in this regard. Dare to dream, I suppose.

You already pay for a subscription to Netflix? Well, pay again in order to use it on our system even though you can watch it on anything else for free! Microsoft logic, I don't see how anyone can defend it...

Parker

You already pay for a subscription to Netflix? Well, pay again in order to use it on our system even though you can watch it on anything else for free! Microsoft logic, I don't see how anyone can defend it...

Parker

Yeah, it's times like these I'm glad I don't own an XBox. As long as the Playstation line continues to get games like Ni No Kuni, Valkyria Chronicles, and Heavy Rain, I imagine that I'll be staying in Sony's camp for the next generation as well. I am however, keeping my mind open to give Microsoft a chance to impress me. After all, nothing has been officially announced yet.

As much as I enjoyed my dance games on Kinect, I don't like the Kinect. It's not that great and rather annoying trying to get some games to detect what you want them to do. If this is true, it doesn't make me want to get the next generation Xbox at all. I think I'll stick with PlayStation. Plus, why would I want a console to always be watching me.