[DELETED]

JFKing

I can see both sides of the coin on this topic. I am actually pretty guilty of this myself sadly. I have read a tip and earned the trophy but, failed to go back and like the tip that helped me. It is, in my opinion, slightly flawed due to this.

I don't know what the perfect answer is here but, it would make sense to be able to "Like" any trophy tip regardless if you have the trophy or not. I think you should also be able to go back and "Unlike" a tip if it proves to be a dud. There could be a limit to how many "Likes" you can give out in a particular day (similar to the Like system in the forums).

On the other side of that argument, the system works the way it already is too. There are not all that many "Likes" floating around on the tips and the majority of trophies have only a single tip anyway. You could say the system, in it's current design, is intended to vote up/down Tips for a trophy that has multiple tips. Generally speaking, if a trophy has only 1 tip then it probably works.

Do we not have a feature for a trophy tip log? Like we go and "follow" a tip and it shows up in a log we have of all the tips we've followed. Almost like a shopping list. Then whenever you're looking at your trophy tip log, you could then say, "Oh yeah, just got that trophy using this tip. Better like it!" Then you can remove it from your list on that page.

• Like 2

Do we not have a feature for a trophy tip log? Like we go and "follow" a tip and it shows up in a log we have of all the tips we've followed. Almost like a shopping list. Then whenever you're looking at your trophy tip log, you could then say, "Oh yeah, just got that trophy using this tip. Better like it!" Then you can remove it from your list on that page.

This would require the most time/effort on Sly's behalf but, this is the best idea yet! Great thinking Azakos :D

• Like 1

Just to expand a little further on Azakos' suggestion, you could have a reminder on your main profile page that shows you how many followed tips you have now earned the trophies for and it would be a link to your trophy log that filters on just those.

Then you could have a set number of days to like the tip until it automatically unfollows it (liking it would also remove the follow).

I love it when people think outside the box and I appreciate the work Sly would have to put in to make it happen. It's things like this that make this site and its community brilliant. Even though I'm a premium for life member (since beta), if features like this were implemented, I would donate again just to say thanks for making a brilliant site even better.

Edited by Pipsqweek
  • Like 1

a tip might be something that you missed or just a clever idea that you never thought of before.

so it is possible to like a tip even if you havent used it to get the said trophy yet but you know its going to work!

or how about the ability to dislike a tip if you don't have the trophy? Since the tip might not of helped you get the trophy at all?

some trophy tips i have seen are completely useless, its like the person has written it just for the sake of it....

this for example! lol

http://psnprofiles.c...tain-of-the-Sea

Edited by ANTIOX_

a tip might be something that you missed or just a clever idea that you never thought of before.

so it is possible to like a tip even if you havent used it to get the said trophy yet but you know its going to work!

some trophy tips i have seen are completely useless, its like the person has written it just for the sake of it....

this for example! lol

http://psnprofiles.c...tain-of-the-Sea

That's what the report button is for.

• Like 1

Just to expand a little further on Azakos' suggestion, you could have a reminder on your main profile page that shows you how many followed tips you have now earned the trophies for and it would be a link to your trophy log that filters on just those.

Then you could have a set number of days to like the tip until it automatically unfollows it (liking it would also remove the follow).

I love it when people think outside the box and I appreciate the work Sly would have to put in to make it happen. It's things like this that make this site and its community brilliant. Even though I'm a premium for life member (since beta), if features like this were implemented, I would donate again just to say thanks for making a brilliant site even better.

These ideas I support, a notification asking if the tip you followed helped on the trophy you got is brilliant and solves the problem of missing likes for being lazy.

• Like 1