Arcade Master trophy

Froopy the Temmie

Does anyone know what really makes this trophy pop?  It doesn't seem to be getting the best time in all challenges.  I haven't even done Variety Zone Final I or II yet.  I was trying to get a developer medal in Grenade Launcher 102 when it happened.  My friend had it happen much later when he had everything completed and was trying to get Platinum medals.

I've heard in Steam it's unlocked when you get the final prize:

Spoiler

The Chauncy hat.

But that wasn't the case for me or my friend.

• 4 months later...

@JorgeSleep, that really depends.

If you're going to try for online battles, the game will often crash and lose save data in the process.  I've lost oodles of experience and items I've gotten over time.  I just barely managed to get enough to make one little man, let alone eight.

If you're going for the plat, I'd suggest playing local multiplayer only.  That makes the game seem to crash less.  I think it has something to do with how other players put items in their starting areas, which can sometimes duplicate to your area.  It's only a theory, but it makes the most sense.

The trophies seem to have an odd time of popping basically whenever the hell they feel like it.  I'm considering grinding in local play for the 8 men trophy, but be aware, it will take a LONG time.

A trick I think I figured out to force the game to save (because it won't auto save sometimes) is going into the options menu and changing the option for Shenannigans (doesn't do anything yet) when you exit a match.  I confirmed this after testing ways to get the exp I gained to save.  So if you do play online, do this as much as you can.

Also note that your experience won't be counted if you play match after match and the game crashes, so don't stay too long in an online match.

The online play is absolutely terrible compared to the PC version.

Edited by Vincent Brooks
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

To further add to the confusion of what unlocks this trophy, I just unlocked the trophy after getting a platinum medal in the mission Intel (the second mission (step two) of the target missions) despite not having all of the machines unlocked of even the basement. I just improved on that level from gold to platinum and the trophy showed up.   

It also happened to other accounts including these PSN accounts:

MexcianSalt

gehellzy

HappyMooMooCow

Like with what Froopy said I do not have the final prize but unlocked but got the trophy anyway. So the question is does anyone know the exact requirements for the trophy? The requirements seem completely random to me. 

Edited by TheHarryGamer99
Wrong level mentioned

• 2 weeks later...

The trophy popped for me with 33 platinum, 5 dev and 1 silver. I was cleaning up since chancy’s hat didn’t unlock it for me and it popped when I got platinum on the second to last challenge. Really is a mystery, but I’m kinda glad it made me platinum everything as it was enjoyable to go through.

I finished all the stages with 29 platinum and 10 dev, but the Arcade Master did not pop at that point. Of course, buying Chancy's hat didn't work too. My friend was the same way. After some trial and error, we both got the Arcade Master and came up with the following hypothesis:

• The count of best trophy (above platinum) that affects the acquisition of Arcade Master will reset after quitting game app.
  • You only need to win the best trophy a specified number of times (maybe 39?; which is the same as the number of all challenges), regardless of the overlap of challenge types.

I seemed to have met the requirements after spamming the easiest mace challenge. This is my video. I don't intend to examine it in detail, but if you are stuck, please refer to it. ?

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 8:42 AM, Toryanse said:

I finished all the stages with 29 platinum and 10 dev, but the Arcade Master did not pop at that point. Of course, buying Chancy's hat didn't work too. My friend was the same way. After some trial and error, we both got the Arcade Master and came up with the following hypothesis:

• The count of best trophy (above platinum) that affects the acquisition of Arcade Master will reset after quitting game app.
  • You only need to win the best trophy a specified number of times (maybe 39?; which is the same as the number of all challenges), regardless of the overlap of challenge types.

I seemed to have met the requirements after spamming the easiest mace challenge. This is my video. I don't intend to examine it in detail, but if you are stuck, please refer to it. 1f642.png

It glitched on me in the same way - got platinum on all 39, and dev on 4-5. When I read your theory, I'd already closed the app to investigate. When I booted it back up, I started grinding the Mangum Training platinum medal (takes 6s), and the trophy popped after 10-15 platinum medals. So your theory isn't entirely correct, but repeating challenges did make the trophy pop.

I'm curious if one could get the trophy simply by grinding the same challenge just as I did, rather than doing every challenge

• 1 month later...

*REPEATING THE SAME CORSE AND GETTING A PLATINUM DUCK TROPY DOES WORK!*

Hello to anyone who has rightfully stumbled upon this trophy thread I can comfirm that after 30 re-tries of the first chainsaw stage “open road” i have unlocked this trophy as for online play i have no idea unfortunately but THIS PLATINUM TROPHY IS OBTAINABLE!

long story short repeat the chainsaw stage 1 50 times and get platinum each time and this WILL POP!

• Like 1