Mission tasks

3 minutes ago, maniek515 said:

I'm only few hours into the game so far but I'm wondering about one thing. Do all mission tasks need to be done in single attempt or do they stack (like in GTA V for example)?

They can be stacked. You're better off just doing your initial playthrough however you want then you can just go back and complete the rest of the tasks. Some will take multiple attempts anyway.

• Like 1

Thanks for replying. That is my plan, just play the game without bothering about tasks or ranks. It's nice they stack just because either I like it or not, I will ''accidently'' complete some of them while doing missions for the first time and I suppose it will save me some time replaying them for missing tasks. And I might be mistaken about that but I'm afraid platinum is gonna be one huge grind. Let's hope I'm wrong about that :)

• Like 1

Yes. Focus on the story first gathering resources in your way and/or during side ops. Once you have better gear you can start S-ranking the missions and completing tasks. 

One last thing, resources obtained from FOB missions against other people or AI, and/or obtained as events' rewards get locked when you are offline, so it's better to play the game online.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Yes. Focus on the story first gathering resources in your way and/or during side ops. Once you have better gear you can start S-ranking the missions and completing tasks. 

One last thing, resources obtained from FOB missions against other people or AI, and/or obtained as events' rewards get locked when you are offline, so it's better to play the game online.

Online was default and I'll keep it that way then. Thanks for advice! 

1 hour ago, maniek515 said:

Thanks for replying. That is my plan, just play the game without bothering about tasks or ranks. It's nice they stack just because either I like it or not, I will ''accidently'' complete some of them while doing missions for the first time and I suppose it will save me some time replaying them for missing tasks. And I might be mistaken about that but I'm afraid platinum is gonna be one huge grind. Let's hope I'm wrong about that :)

I think konami "fixed" several farming spots for resources which makes the platinum even longer than originally. No idea why they patched it as it was part of the game and not an exploit. Either way, it's well over 100 hours to platinum.

@Charl_yma6 Your game should try to connect to the servers automatically when you start it up. You'll see a message on screen when it's doing this along the lines of "connecting to MGSV servers", whether it connects or not it'll let you know before the game goes to the main menu. The only time you might have trouble connecting online is during the maintenance every Tuesday 6am - 9am GMT.