Platinum Achievers is inflated?

On 10/20/2017 at 10:55 AM, RNumbers said:

I don't think it's a matter of the system not having caught up. Class of Heroes 2G has had a discrepancy of ~4 players on the plat for as long as I can remember. So unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "caught up," I don't think it's a transient thing.

That's odd, because Power Gig always fixes itself over time. 

On 10/21/2017 at 7:38 AM, Gage said:

If I'm not mistaken it's because the stat doesn't actually update unless there's a new platinum/100% achiever that gets added and not immediately removed. For games with super low number of platinum achievers that don't have legit achievers often the number doesn't get properly updated often so holds a discrepancy for long periods of time. 

Ah - that makes some sense. Power Gig is a pretty fringe title, so a lot of times, plats get on the list, but are not immediately removed.

52 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

That's odd, because Power Gig always fixes itself over time. 

Ah - that makes some sense. Power Gig is a pretty fringe title, so a lot of times, plats get on the list, but are not immediately removed.

That's not how it works, all games update in a 24 hour period

• 5 months later...

I’m not sure if this is still being looked into but I thought I would bring up that while total platinum achievers seemed to be fixed for a while (at least for my games) it seems there are still some phantom achievers lurking about. Examples:

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak Special Gigs, 1 phantom achiever:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5311-tokyo-twilight-ghost-hunters-daybreak-special-gigs/1-ghost-hunter

Class of Heroes 2g, 3 phantom achievers:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3048-class-of-heroes-2g/1-school-champion

• Like 2